What language do they show at Disney Village?

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, January 16, 2010, 06:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Kaltxì!

Here's the deal, I live in Sweden, and up here we don't have a single IMAX theater in the whole country (at least not anyone that show movies), and hardly any 3D theaters either. :(
However, my family have been talking about a trip to Paris during the Easter holidays. So I might get a chance to see it on IMAX while it's still shown.

I know that they have an IMAX 3D theater in Disney Village, were is should be plausible that they show movies in English, since it is a international park. But it's still in France, you never really know. ;)

Eight

Hmmm.. doesn't say on their site.

If you don't get an answer, I'll email them for you if you want. Need to practice my French anyway - been slacking lately.

Eight

Meh, I'm an idiot.

They're showing Avatar IMAX VF (version française) and VOST (version originale, sous titres).

I assume the latter is English audio and French subtitles. Which probably means the Na'vi translations will be in French.

kintìomum

If I remember right (heck, it wasn't that long ago, just last summer!) they normally show two versions, as stated by Eight.
One is all in french (I assume they translate the Na'vi-parts into french subtitles) and one in the original language with full french subtitles (they did for G.I. Joe). The second might be the better choice (depending on your skills in speaking french) since I find it easier to blind out subtitles than to translate the whole film...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!