Who is your favorite Avatar, Na'vi or quote from the movie

Started by We are Omaticaya, January 10, 2010, 02:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niwantaw

yep they're only normally the most reliable and coolest looking gadget....
Only mostly AWOL.

Muzer

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 24, 2010, 04:00:36 PM
yep they're only normally the most reliable and coolest looking gadget....

Cools looks aside (which are subject to opinion, and don't matter to me anyway ;)), I don't believe they are any more reliable than other products. If anything, they are LESS reliable because the part most likely to fail (the battery) is impossible to replace without voiding the warranty...
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Niwantaw

out of two mac book pros that were both different models we've flooded both of them, bounced them, droped things on them, unintetionly slightly messd up mac OS and.....

both still work fine.

ipod nano - had it since they first came out - been bounced, supported a table and dropped in the loo and....

still fine

3 more ipods of varying models and ages - no problems

I'd say they have a pretty good track record in my experience...
Only mostly AWOL.

Muzer

HTC Touch Diamond - bought in '07, lost battery back, dropped, scratched, and went through the washing machine, all without a problem.

Acer Aspire One ZG5 - spilt drinks all over it, dropped, a piece of metal fell out of it at one point but it still works fine. I assume the metal was a heatsink as it now gets a bit toasty but that's no bad thing on a cold winter's day, and the Intel Atom is designed to run normally at up to 95C anyway :P - I haven't had it ever get to above 70C (and that was after leaving it on my bed when I'd accidently removed the "turn on the fan" driver from the kernel...). I take it to school on the train each day in the bottom of my bag and quite frankly I'm surprised it still works!

HTC Hero - not much punishment (yet!), but is still working!

Psion Series 5 - been in use (on and off) since 1997-ish, probably has more punishment than the rest; visually the case has a few cracks but still works!

Apple's reliability isn't unusual - it's what I would expect from the majority of products.

EDIT: Anyway, this is wildly OT - we should talk about the film more...

Niwantaw

beats every other make I've ever had for reliability by one hell of a long way

anyway back to topic

"and you're not gonna like it"
Only mostly AWOL.

Muzer

I cracked up originally when watching it because I thought "Toruk Makto" sounds like a Scottish name :P

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Muzer

"Mak" = "Mc", so "Toruk McToe" is what it sounded like to my untrained ears...

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eyamsiyu

"Tsamsiyu pak? Pot tsun oe tspivang niftue!" Translated:

"A warrior?  I could kill him easily!"

You definitely get the mindset very early on from Tsu'tey with just that simple quote.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

'Itan Atxur

I love all the Na'vi lines. Particularly the untranslated ones.

Muzer

I agree, you can tell he is quite... well, I don't think arrogant is quite the word I'm looking for here, but you get the picture.

But despite that, I do feel sorry for Tsu'tey later on, especially during the attack of hometree. There he is giving orders to attack, and Jake and Grace, his prisoners, are trying to undermine them and (in his mind) cause panic by telling everyone to run - he must be feeling pretty pissed off by that stage to say the least;).

(WTF? It just told me I couldn't post, logged me out, then said my password is incorrect twice until it finally worked)

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, during that scene I was like "WTF are you saying Jake? Of course they HAVE to stand and fight!". In that situation I wouldn't care WHAT the odds where. I'd want heads.

Muzer

Also, Jake saying he'd known all along was obviously another stupid mistake - they could well have believed him and gone with him if he said he only recently found out...

(Though I suppose he was probably feeling guilty as hell by that stage and wanted to get it off his chest, but it probably wasn't the best time or place ;))

'Itan Atxur

I think it was the best way for him to get them to believe him. It just didn't work out quite the way he wanted...

Muzer

Just remembered the one I like:

"Norm, you've contaminated the sample with your saliva"

I just love Norm's ineptitude despite being many times more intelligent than Jake :P

EDIT: Heh, already been mentioned 3 times, not surprised :P

'Itan Atxur

And he forgets his back pack too. But that was one epic punch...

Eyamsiyu

"Stay with the ship!  One idiot with a gun is enough."
;D -(Jake smile)
"You da man, doc."

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Mako

"Hey Wainfleet! Get it done! We bounce at 0900."

"Yeah I'm on it cap-tain."

Trudy Chacon ftw.

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 24, 2010, 08:29:39 PM
...But that was one epic punch...

And for the record, I still think that was unintentional.