Whoa - MAJOR mistake nobody is noticing.

Started by Zhowìntll, January 27, 2010, 12:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kìte'eyä Aungia

I think he meant "trouble" as in getting arrested and locked up for not following orders.

Tsa'räni

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on February 17, 2010, 04:55:48 PM
I think he meant "trouble" as in getting arrested and locked up for not following orders.

I wondered about this, too.  I suppose it's possible the duty of making rounds and serving food to the prisoners might have been meant as (or part of) a punishment of sorts.  It's not the type of thing a pilot would normally ever be required to do.

Will Txankamuse

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 16, 2010, 08:27:04 PM
Sure, he had that on his screen from the point he learned about that place (why he didn't know of it before is gonna be another topic).

ya this confused me a bit too - I can only presume that he wasn't reading any of the science logs (he doesn't sounds like the type of person who would read scientific papers) and basing all his intelligence on Jake's covert reports, which only started flowing once he had Jake working 'on the inside'.  I would imagine too that the relationships between the scientists (lead by Grace) and the RDA Secops were pretty frosty after they opened fire on the Na'vi at the school and pretty much screwed up years of diplomacy that Grace had been working on - Grace might have only opened up her logs after Quaritch was able to use the leverage of Jake's attacks on Selfridge (of course ironic that Jake's attack was itself triggered by Quaritch choosing a route directly through the Tree of Voices... everyone was being manipulated by Quaritch in the end)

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

Mithcoriel

QuoteGrace might have only opened up her logs after Quaritch was able to use the leverage of Jake's attacks on Selfridge (of course ironic that Jake's attack was itself triggered by Quaritch choosing a route directly through the Tree of Voices... everyone was being manipulated by Quaritch in the end)

Well in the original script, Jake even points this out: They probably cut down the tree of voices deliberately to prompt a Na'vi response (Tsu'tey did gather some warriors for a counter-attack), after which they could say: "Hey, the Na'vi attacked us. We gotta cut down their home-tree."
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quartich just seemed to be the ultimate manipulator.

After they doze over the Tree of Voices, you can see Tsu'tey's war party coming up in the rear of the bulldozer. It seems like they had been planning on stopping them, but didn't get there in time.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Txonyä'ite

That scene seemed to me to be the beginning of the scene that was cut where the whole bulldozer crew gets killed by the Na'vi. That made me wonder if it would be in the dvd.