Why Avatar matters after all... [science, spirituality, etc]

Started by kharul_karyu, January 27, 2010, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txena Unil

Kha'rul:
I might have some weak form of ADHD, not enough for it to count medically but definately enough to annoy me horribly when I try to focus on things I don't like. But that's not what I meant.  :P

Your thoughts and the ways you reached them are very similar to mine, especially that feeling of hunger. Well, except the fact that you DID research a lot more than me. I see need for a long winded chat here to discuss things more thoroughly  ;D

By the way, keep going, don't worry about those that you 'offended'. It's worth noting that everyone noticed who was offending who...  ;)

Tirea Pa'li

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 29, 2010, 11:29:35 PM
Tirea Pa'li

You're walking on dangerous ground. Be respectful of your fellow forum members.

I have a perfectly good respectful conversation whit kharul_karyu. I have not once offended him and he hasnt offended me. You can see the tread is enriched by my critique. This would not happen if i dint say i dont like some of it. Now that some people think that saying "I dont like this, not so good" is an insult .. i give up on them. I have apologized to kharul_karyu if i have offended someone (few post above).

From all the weapons you have used against us, we always feared your guns least!

wm.annis

The two of you can take this elsewhere, or account locking will commence.

Txena Unil

I find it odd (and somewhat unjust  :-\) that you said 'two', Annis. Kite'eya was trying to help...

Anyways, something that I forgot to add beforehand:
Quote from: kharul_karyu on January 29, 2010, 10:18:24 PM
Tirea Pa'li:
I want to see how you understand Avatar.
I see Avatar as a complex mix of fiction and brilliant ideas, some pure fiction[, theoretically] (which doesn't mean we cannot learn from them, such as 'interconnected earth') and others more 'realistic' (such as the science and philosophical meanings of the film). And of course, some immensely attractive ideas such as living in a beautiful, untamed world as a creature with an inherent link to it, the complete opposite of our way of life.
When I ask myself why I love the movie, I find it hard to explain. The outright mocking satire of our lives coupled with a possible solution is what gives Avatar a delicious aftertaste that makes me think like nothing else does.

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: Txena Unil on January 30, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
I find it odd (and somewhat unjust  :-\) that you said 'two', Annis. Kite'eya was trying to help...

Thanks, though he's right that we should have taken this to private messages. Since Tirea removed the original post I had a problem with, I've deleted all of my posts on this issue. I hope Tirea will follow suit so we can clean this thread up. Now, to make back the 6 karma I lost because of this.  ;)

kharul_karyu

Quote from: Txena Unil on January 30, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
The outright mocking satire of our lives coupled with a possible solution is what gives Avatar a delicious aftertaste that makes me think like nothing else does.

Sometimes the only way to get people to respond (at least in television viewership) is through satire. Look at the popularity of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart in contrast with the other news shows. You could say that people have an interest in comedy when things look bad nationally...
I love to think about random stuff. I hope perhaps you do, too! :D