Why did you become a fan?

Started by Tirealì'u, December 24, 2009, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

If you really must know.

It wasn't any ground-shakeing change of my theories on life, the universe, and everything, or anything like that.

I know, sorry to bore you all with a more 'simplistic' thought. I fell in love with the world. The way Pandora looks, the way it lives and breaths, the way it was so soothing to look at. In a way, it did change my outlook on life. It made me a little bit more thankful for the forests that we have around here in Colorado.

But what really made me a fan was the language, and the music. Oh the music... -listening to the soundtrack right now- It does something... very deep to my emotional state. The very first track, 'You don't Dream in Cyro' has guided my dreams for the last week, and probobly will continue too.

Perhaps it will change in time, but the music is the greatest driving point for me right now. That and the colors of the nightlife of Pandora. It's beyond beautiful...

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Hufwe Makto

I fell in love with Pandora. it made me realize how f***ed up our planet is. Also, like Lehrrap Uniltìranyu said, to escape reality. High school is really boring :-\

Maweya tirea

Quote from: stingray56 on January 01, 2010, 08:50:54 PM
I fell in love with Pandora. it made me realize how f***ed up our planet is. Also, like Lehrrap Uniltìranyu said, to escape reality. High school is really boring :-\

Agreed!  ;D
God síltsan lu!!!!!

fkeua vrrtep

i dont know if id say that i became a fan of avatar itself , i'd say i really fell in love with this wonderful world especially it's fauna , another reason might be that it reminds me that these days we are living in concrete jungles which depresses me quite alot though we could do much better,avatar makes you draw parallels to our world and if you are done with doing that you wont be happy with what might be the result you get , goddamn if I only would get 1% of a chance to live there i'd take it because this world is going down so quick , but I guess it's better the way it is , if humanity would manage to get to such a wonderful place it would end up just like planet earth .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Hufwe Makto

yeah sadly humans are b**** like that... just imagine what our planet would look like if we had not made the industrial revolution. not to mention start building houses.

Maweya tirea

Yes, it is almost to hard to imagine what our planet would look like now if there were no industrialization, because we started so long ago. Heck, the trees could have very well looked like hometree by now. Maybe? But this is just me thinking. :)
God síltsan lu!!!!!

Hufwe Makto

that would be pretty awesome. i would also guess us humans would have evolved slightly differently. sharper teeth longer toes like monkeys, stuff like that...

MOUNTAINBANSHEE

the cool thing about the story (and sad is) the creatures on pandora reperesent the animals on earth, unobtainium is oil and the sky people are (sorry, i know you an't all the same) the usa and the industres. The huge army represents the us arimed forces right down to the last point. also unobtainoun is used for trainsport, medicen, light cheep materials and isn't that just like oil.

thats what ive been thinking about!
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Maweya tirea

God síltsan lu!!!!!

Toruk Makto

The symbolism you show is indeed very clear. Sometimes almost too much so. "Fight terror with terror" and the reference Trudy made to "martyrdom" show a rather strong slant against US imperialism. The critics are swinging from heels about it, but frankly, it's pretty accurate, IMO.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Maweya tirea

Speaking of Trudy. I have a question. What did she mean when she called the military "daisy cutters"? ???
God síltsan lu!!!!!

Hufwe Makto

the Vietnam war, the us army employed a tactic that involves dropping a very powerful thermobaric conventional bomb. the blast of this bomb was so powerful, all trees (and people) were blown to smithereens within the blast radius which was about 80 meters. this bomb was called BLU-82/B. it was also used to clear Helicopter pads in the dense jungles. this bomb was given the nick name "daisy cutter." Trudy was not referring to the military, but to the explosives in the shuttle.

Hufwe Makto

the tactic was called Moab or something close to that. the explosives would have a similar effect to the bomb.

Maweya tirea

God síltsan lu!!!!!

Hufwe Makto

np  :) I've got an answer to everything...

Maweya tirea

God síltsan lu!!!!!

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Before I voice my thoughts, let me say I can take the potential flaming this might create. So flame away. Anyway,

Reading the thread, I noticed a lot of "f*ck the planet and f*ck humans, man." and even some " I want the tribal lifestyle" posts. While I agree, I audibly laughed at the irony. Especially the posts about giving up electronics and stuff (a reply posted in an online forum from a computer from a house with internet service).

Do you see my point?

And while I love going camping as much as the next guy, I am also being hypocritical by posting this. If I wanted to be hardcore about nature and stuff, this reply wouldn't be here. The fact is, as an American, I am most likely going to end up in an office. Tribal lifestyle would have little chance then.
However the reason this movie spoke to me was the hope it offered. Hope in the face of imminent reality: that pandora might not exist, the Na'vi might not be real, but at least there is a hope.

What am I saying in all this? "Facta non verba" aysmuktu. Sì, "Errare est humanum". Bash humanity all you like, but we can't be another species, for a while at least ;). And if this post came off as a mass-flame, then sorry. But keep the hope alive :) !

Eywa ayngahu.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Toruk Makto

Well, you are always going to invite flames if you inflate what you see and respond accordingly. I don't recall seeing anything in this thread with the vitriol you are complaining about. I guess one sees what they want to see.

Also, absolutism is unnecessary. One can be inspired by the image of the Na'vi without losing track of their own reality.
Those that do lose track shouldn't be flamed for their desire to be more than they are.

IMO, of course.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 04, 2010, 01:57:25 AM
Before I voice my thoughts, let me say I can take the potential flaming this might create. So flame away. Anyway,

Reading the thread, I noticed a lot of "f*ck the planet and f*ck humans, man." and even some " I want the tribal lifestyle" posts. While I agree, I audibly laughed at the irony. Especially the posts about giving up electronics and stuff (a reply posted in an online forum from a computer from a house with internet service).

Do you see my point?

And while I love going camping as much as the next guy, I am also being hypocritical by posting this. If I wanted to be hardcore about nature and stuff, this reply wouldn't be here. The fact is, as an American, I am most likely going to end up in an office. Tribal lifestyle would have little chance then.
However the reason this movie spoke to me was the hope it offered. Hope in the face of imminent reality: that pandora might not exist, the Na'vi might not be real, but at least there is a hope.

What am I saying in all this? "Facta non verba" aysmuktu. Sì, "Errare est humanum". Bash humanity all you like, but we can't be another species, for a while at least ;). And if this post came off as a mass-flame, then sorry. But keep the hope alive :) !

Eywa ayngahu.

I understand what you mean and I'm not about to flame on you because of your personal oppinion , the fact is that "being hardcore about nature" how you call it isn't as easy as it was once , humanity has become addicted to false ideals and its own corruption , besides the so called society doesn't want you to be autarkic because they want to keep the cogwheel oiled and running to keep the machinery alive humanity set up so it's hard to stand against this force , if you try to do so you'll be a savage in your own peoples manipulated eyes , the most sad thing is that people are made to believe that being part of this machinery is the only way to survive and being hold tight by false promises .
You are being chained to the machinery from the very first beginning of your life and some day you are hopefully going to ask yourself if it's right the way it is , it is not .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Txur’Itan

I like this movie for many reasons. 

1) Neytiri is hot
2) Pandora reminds me of South America, I have family from Peru
3) Pandora reminds me of the Philippines and Hawaii, the tropical jungles have a majesty all their own.
4) I like the idea of living a simpler life, but I would miss toilet paper I am certain of this from being without it on occasion while "ruffing it"
5) I like the idea of finding love in an unexpected place, mostly I like the idea of finding love anywhere you can
6) I like triumphant and heroic stories, the concept is inspirational and makes me wish I could be so strong in my own life
7) I like the projections on advanced technology, there is so much to discuss just on what they were able to do with brains
8.) I was stunned by the visual spectacle of the Bio-luminescent plant life in the darkness, it would have made the end fight scene crazy if they had it at night.
9) Sigourney Weaver in Avatar is looking pretty diggitty-diggitty
私は太った男だ。