Worst part of the movie

Started by Muzer, April 26, 2010, 02:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I don't think that the ten to the fourth line was bad at all, it sounds better than just saying ten thousand because of course if she said 10000 every other internet user would have started yelling IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAND!!!

The only line I think had any faults was when grace said "the tree.....of souls" too much pause and too much drama for the line.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Roiki

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on April 27, 2010, 03:58:57 PM
The only line I think had any faults was when grace said "the tree.....of souls" too much pause and too much drama for the line.

That was a true Christopher Walken moment.

Needs more cowbell.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

Quote from: NeotrekkerZ on April 27, 2010, 12:42:32 AM
Ok, I'll be the one to say it:  The worst part was when it ended.  Had to go back to the real world after that. :'(

Agreed.

Off-Topic: WHY MUST THERE BE NO PORTAL TO THE MOVIE!?!?!?!?!  IF SCIENCE CAN CLONE A GOAT, MAKE A DANG PORTAL TO PANDORA!!!!!!
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?

Kayrìlien

I actually really dislike the very last scene of the movie. Because (if you were paying attention at ALL) it is extremely predictable, I thought JC would have tried to either film it in a more interesting way or perhaps add some final plot wrinkle, but no. Neither one. A fluid camera motion panning over the happy-go-lucky Na'vi horde all swaying in rhythm for their new olo'eyktan, the worried-but-not-really expression on Mo'at's face, the inevitable settling of the camera on Jake's new face for the exact moment at which he opens his eyes, and then, of course, the cut to black, followed by the word AVATAR in large, Tim Burton-like green letters.

Like...I'm not a director; I don't know a better way to approach this scene, but, compared with the rest of the movie, which was obviously excellent, amazing, and life-changing, the last scene was rather formulaic and disappointing. Oh well. I'd say the other 155 minutes of "OH MY GOD THIS IS ACTUALLY THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE" more than make up for it.  ;D

What do you all think?

Kayrìlien

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

The final scene of the movie was really more of a after-the-final-scene type of shot, just to show everyone what happens directly after the movie even though we already knew what was going to happen. It's not supposed to be flashy or exciting it's really just supposed to ease you out of the movie. I thought it was rather good imho.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Unilfwewyu

I'm actually going to agree with Kayrìlien, the ending was too predictable, and it looked like that kind of scene that told you : "Hey, I have no better idea for an ending so lets make an ending that will leave the viewer hanging about what goes on afterwards."

I myself am a writer, and I actually use these kind of endings quite often myself. The only difference between me and JC is the following :

He made a OMGWTFBBQ movie that changes peoples lives and makes you dream, whereas myself, my stories will never be released to the public, and even if they did, will never know a great success. Therefore, I am allowed to do this cheap trick, but JC, you have no right! :P
Oel ngati kameie.

I live in a world where dreams are controlled by others, not by yourself. I live in a world where people choose what you become, and you have no choice whatsoever. This will change. My dreams will become reality. And that, my friends, is a promise.

'Itan Atxur

Not saying this scene is not incredibly well done and emotional but I just DO not like tthe scene with the bulldozers. The overly yellow shade everything has kinda randomly bothers me. If it'd been shot at ANY other time of day I'd probably like it more.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsa'räni

I think the entire movie was formulaic except for the setting.  It's a movie that contains about as many modern archetypes as could be packed in.  Not only that, but the entire movie was extremely predictable.  I just don't see how the ending is any different.

And none of that's bad - the entire movie was intentionally shot with all that in mind and it is an outstanding movie.  Proof (as a few other movies have been) that those types of things don't necessarily equal bad in movies.  Not every movie needs suspense and surprise to draw the viewer in.

I'm not saying it was a superb ending, just that's it's really no different from the rest of the movie.

Häri

The scene when Neytiri and Jake are discussing their first flight, as has been mentioned before just doesn't fit in

I also found the scene where Grace kicks Selfridge's mug away when he's testing out his putter just seemed really awkward when she says "Oops", not to say that it wasn't a good scene, but every time I see it it just kinda gets to me

The one other bit is during the big final fight scene when Trudy attacks the Dragon, she clearly sprays bullets into the cockpit of the Dragon, and yet the pilots clearly don't put on their masks or even seem worried. Similarly, when they return fire to her, she doesn't seem to be struggling with the atmosphere at all, not to mention the fact that her ship has open sides and the cockpit isn't sealed off from the rest of the ship, she should technically be dying instead of flying around without a mask on.
Who needs these fancy Na'vi names when you can just write your normal one as a Na'vi would pronounce it? :D

Unilfwewyu

There is a cockpit, that's why she has a door on the side of the Scorpion, I to had the same feeling when the doors were open, but then if you look closely, there is a cockpit :). That's why throughout the movie she didn't need a mask, but at some point did take one because there were holes in the window. Now, for the final scene part, it is true, but a bit like Quaritch, she could have held her breath?
Oel ngati kameie.

I live in a world where dreams are controlled by others, not by yourself. I live in a world where people choose what you become, and you have no choice whatsoever. This will change. My dreams will become reality. And that, my friends, is a promise.

Kawnga Tawtute

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on April 27, 2010, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: Unilfwewyu on April 27, 2010, 12:38:48 AM
Nah it's not just you ;)

Deleted Scene hint!

I had a feeling it wasn't just me, but i don't remember that jump being in the theatrical release?

before the scene where toruk attacked jake he and neytiri were hunting sturm beests from the sky...

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: Häri on April 28, 2010, 07:23:31 AM
I also found the scene where Grace kicks Selfridge's mug away when he's testing out his putter just seemed really awkward when she says "Oops", not to say that it wasn't a good scene, but every time I see it it just kinda gets to me
That's one of my favourites.
The one other bit is during the big final fight scene when Trudy attacks the Dragon, she clearly sprays bullets into the cockpit of the Dragon, and yet the pilots clearly don't put on their masks or even seem worried. Similarly, when they return fire to her, she doesn't seem to be struggling with the atmosphere at all, not to mention the fact that
No problem there, aircraft cabins usually are pressurized and never perfectly tight, so tiny bullet holes in the windows make the air stream out, not in. And what's lost on pressure is probably replenished with filtered air from the outside (Pandora's atmosphere has the right stuff for us to breathe, just the wrong mixture, the ubiquos exopacks only change that composition, it's not far fetched to think, that vehicles have a similar system in their cabin environmental system) - replenishing air from outside to compensate loss in a pressurized passenger cabin is standard technology, found in every jet airliner.

her ship has open sides and the cockpit isn't sealed off from the rest of the ship, she should technically be dying instead of flying around without a mask on.
Look closer, there's a bulkhead between cockpit and cargo/passenger bay.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Häri on April 28, 2010, 07:23:31 AM
The one other bit is during the big final fight scene when Trudy attacks the Dragon, she clearly sprays bullets into the cockpit of the Dragon, and yet the pilots clearly don't put on their masks or even seem worried. Similarly, when they return fire to her, she doesn't seem to be struggling with the atmosphere at all, not to mention the fact that her ship has open sides and the cockpit isn't sealed off from the rest of the ship, she should technically be dying instead of flying around without a mask on.

Thats because all of the aircraft cabins are positively pressurized, meaning a few bullet holes won't be enough to compromise the cabin atmosphere, while a hole like the one Jake put in it will. If the cabin was neutrally pressurized, those holes would have compromized the cabin atmosphere, but its isn't, so they didn't.

And like Pxel Nume said above, there is actually a bulkhead between the cabin and the cargo bay on a Samson.For example, when Norm yells for the trauma kit to help Grace out, Trudy replies "Its forward, on the bulkhead"
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Col Quaritch

to be honest the killing of home tree was worst part for me. Now I know I have Quaritch as a user name but it dont mean Im a heartless bastage. He didnt even try to be humane about clearing them out like their arrows were hurting their ships ok paint job and few scratched windows gives maintaince something to do. But to be honest when I saw the tree come down the way it did I felt the pain of the people I lost my home I know how it feels its the worst feeling in the world 2nd to lost of a loved one. I will admit it I cried and I dont mean I got teary eyed I cried I felt the reminder of that same pain and I tend to skip past that scean still now that I have it on my Ipad. Take someone home all you do is strengthin their resolve to fight back more. Slefridge should had the balls to do one act of bravery should shot Quaritch when he got back.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Col Quaritch on April 29, 2010, 03:30:00 PM
to be honest the killing of home tree was worst part for me. Now I know I have Quaritch as a user name but it dont mean Im a heartless bastage. He didnt even try to be humane about clearing them out like their arrows were hurting their ships ok paint job and few scratched windows gives maintaince something to do. But to be honest when I saw the tree come down the way it did I felt the pain of the people I lost my home I know how it feels its the worst feeling in the world 2nd to lost of a loved one. I will admit it I cried and I dont mean I got teary eyed I cried I felt the reminder of that same pain and I tend to skip past that scean still now that I have it on my Ipad. Take someone home all you do is strengthin their resolve to fight back more. Slefridge should had the balls to do one act of bravery should shot Quaritch when he got back.

As much as I would have loved Selfridge doing that, I don't think he has the guts to do it, plus I doubt he really knows how to use a gun.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Col Quaritch

Niwantaw

"oops" she says after unloading all the missiles left on her sampson into quaritch's dragon
Only mostly AWOL.

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 29, 2010, 04:25:15 PM
"oops" she says after unloading all the missiles left on her sampson into quaritch's dragon

Not missiles, strafes it with guns.

LearnNavi Forums:

Niwantaw

that's what she should of done instead of shooting hometree
Only mostly AWOL.

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 30, 2010, 10:15:08 AM
that's what she should of done instead of shooting hometree

One Samson with eight missiles and "Mr Getsome" aka Corporal Wainfleet in the back, in addition to who knows how many other Scorpions and Samsons? Wouldn't have ended well.

Although, I suppose we should be thankful that the Dragon doesn't have the combat durability of the A-10 Warthog, one missile taking the aircraft down and all.

LearnNavi Forums: