wow

Started by fkeua vrrtep, January 04, 2010, 03:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 05, 2010, 11:19:37 AM
 Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let me share my definition of "overacting" in this regard. People that start out on TV that move to the big screen tend to be more expressive in their interpretations of their characters for their first time out. It is not at all bad, just noticeable to people in the business. Now for Avatar and the motion capture used, being very expressive was a huge plus and added amazing realism. With the precision of Cameron's technology, every nuance she shows for her character can be seen in the CG character.

I wonder if some of the popularity of this movie is because the human brain of the audience is having trouble compartmentalizing what's real and what isn't in this movie ('real' being non-CG, familiar set environments). The Na'vi and Pandora are more real to people than would be believed possible and triggers a strong "It's real, so I could actually go there" feeling.

It actually is real it was made in New Sealand , so I guess you can find some landscapes which look alike with places in the actual movie , maybe someday I'll visit New Sealand and see it myself .

Maybe we got your "overacted" a little bit wrong , but now I get your point ,and I agree the way she acted was just perfect for avatar .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Coyote

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 09:58:19 AMI agree. I can see how one might think 'overacting' but frankly in the old series she was just one of those characters that sat in the background. Nobody really seemed to care about the black chick, which is normal for the times. But to keep the movie modern she had to present herself as a much stronger character so she wouldn't get overlooked, so I'd say she was spot on.

It is hard for people to understand, but at the time Star Trek was originally created, just the fact that a Black woman was even present on the screen at all, much less an officer with occassional speaking lines, was... stunningly revolutionary. Most TV at the time acted as if non-whites were not even there, or silent servants, little more than furniture.

But yeah, now, just being a silent presence is not enough. She's involved. I look at that and see progress.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: Étienne on January 04, 2010, 10:34:47 PM
Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 04, 2010, 10:31:11 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on January 04, 2010, 10:26:21 PM

I dig the blue chicks.  Too bad I am human, the height difference may work for well for her, but...  

My rather short guy friend always insists that everyone's the same height lying down ;)

Your friend is a very smart.

Your friend also knows the eternal truth: It doesn't matter how tall you are, just how 'tall' you are. If you catch my drift. XD

Moving off of that topic, Overacting isn't really overacting, it's acting just enough to make it belivable.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-