wow

Started by fkeua vrrtep, January 04, 2010, 03:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fkeua vrrtep

I just came from the cinema again , and damn I'm still absolutely fascinated by this movie and the idea behind it even though I watched it before , it just feels so good , I never had that feeling before so strong for a movie , I could have never imagined going into the same movie twice in a row , the 3d effects didn't lessen the rush of feelings that I had again , it's just so amazing god i can't fit it into words , I think I'll listen to the soundtrack for a while now .

Thank you James Cameron for this wonderful movie .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Toruk Makto

Welcome to a large and growing club   ;)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Thorinbur

After leaving the theatre i was like "WOW" and like "s***..."
I don't have to explain why "wow"
But i was like "s***..." because it's just a film. Fiction. Real life sux, you will never (I hope i am wrong) be part of such great adventure you will live your life silently on "dying planet". Thats one of the reasoIam sure many of you guys are learning Na'vi. To make it real. As much as posiible, and to be as close to it as possible. This is the most beutifull thing i ever saw, ever heard off.  And fact it's fiction breaks my heart. One week after screaning i am still touched by this movie. and i am going to see it again, and again, and again...
oel kame futa oel kekame ke'u

Coyote

There are ways to play this out that are not fiction.

Donate to World Wildlife Fund, volunteer at an animal shelter, there are all sorts of environmental groups that could use some donations, from Greenpeace to Sea Shepherd to Elephant research groups funded by universities (Cambridge has one IIRC), the list goes on.

You may not be able to fight from the back of an Ikran, but you can use your money or time to "fight the blue fight" in your everyday actions.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Thorinbur on January 04, 2010, 04:36:05 PM
After leaving the theatre i was like "WOW" and like "s***..."
I don't have to explain why "wow"
But i was like "s***..." because it's just a film. Fiction. Real life sux, you will never (I hope i am wrong) be part of such great adventure you will live your life silently on "dying planet". Thats one of the reasoIam sure many of you guys are learning Na'vi. To make it real. As much as posiible, and to be as close to it as possible. This is the most beutifull thing i ever saw, ever heard off.  And fact it's fiction breaks my heart. One week after screaning i am still touched by this movie. and i am going to see it again, and again, and again...

i know , its sad to be shown the way it could be and then when you leave the theatre you are being brought back to our sad reality .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

txum tukru

they should hold a double screening, one in 3d and one in normal, to compare the diffrence!
pesu nga?          "who are you?"
Oe lu toktor.       "the Doctor!"
pesu?                "who?"
nì'aw, toktor.       "just, the Doctor!"

Toruk Makto

Real life sux, you will never (I hope i am wrong) be part of such great adventure you will live your life silently on "dying planet". Thats one of the reasoIam sure many of you guys are learning Na'vi. To make it real. As much as posiible, and to be as close to it as possible. This is the most beutifull thing i ever saw, ever heard off.  And fact it's fiction breaks my heart. One week after screaning i am still touched by this movie. and i am going to see it again, and again, and again...

Perhaps some are for that reason. Personally, I feel we haven't reached the "dying planet" stage yet and there is time to learn how not to kill our Great Mother. This film is a very good start in the race to reverse the momentum of destructive greed. Coyote makes a good point. There are ways to channel the emotion that Avatar generates into productive results. All you have to do is go out there and do it.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 04, 2010, 05:30:35 PM
Real life sux, you will never (I hope i am wrong) be part of such great adventure you will live your life silently on "dying planet". Thats one of the reasoIam sure many of you guys are learning Na'vi. To make it real. As much as posiible, and to be as close to it as possible. This is the most beutifull thing i ever saw, ever heard off.  And fact it's fiction breaks my heart. One week after screaning i am still touched by this movie. and i am going to see it again, and again, and again...

Perhaps some are for that reason. Personally, I feel we haven't reached the "dying planet" stage yet and there is time to learn how not to kill our Great Mother. This film is a very good start in the race to reverse the momentum of destructive greed. Coyote makes a good point. There are ways to channel the emotion that Avatar generates into productive results. All you have to do is go out there and do it.

I fully agree to you , but i think thats easier said than done , throughout history humanity has proven that it doesn't like changes or things which are unfamiliar to it , if you go out and do it you'll just be another savage to the big manipulated mass , you are being group forced into this big mess and as soon as you leave it you'll be a "bum" , a treehugger,a moron or whatever they will call you , most people will fall back to their old habbits , because you just can't pull the cable out , it's much more enmeshed and complicated , you just can't erase yearhundrets of manipulation with one strike , it is a lot of work that has to be done to really get a positive result but I guess that there will only be few of those who really will stick to it .
In this world you are being told that you are a free man , that you have a free will , but you really don't , you are bound to thick boundaries tying you tight to the system , the biggest success of the "devil" was to make humanity believe he doesn't exist , and with devil I'm not referring to a fallen angel .

I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Tengfya swizaw

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 04, 2010, 05:30:35 PM
Real life sux, you will never (I hope i am wrong) be part of such great adventure you will live your life silently on "dying planet". Thats one of the reasoIam sure many of you guys are learning Na'vi. To make it real. As much as posiible, and to be as close to it as possible. This is the most beutifull thing i ever saw, ever heard off.  And fact it's fiction breaks my heart. One week after screaning i am still touched by this movie. and i am going to see it again, and again, and again...

I have to agree. the fact that I'm most likely going to lead a boring, normal life and not run into any blue aliens or distant moons really is a bummer, so as a sort of compromise I learn Na'vi. But if I actually go out there and do something, my life doesn't have to be boring. Just mundanely exciting.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Toruk Makto

I used the term "momentum" deliberately. In the vernacular of physics, it takes a prolonged application of angular acceleration to alter the direction of something in motion. One strike solutions are rarely effective. In that light, it may seem that individual effort is useless, but even the most minute changes will have cumulative effect and can catalyze changes beyond the expected. More colloquially, "you can't win if you don't play".

Don't let the RDAs of the world persuade you that you are powerless. Or they win.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 04, 2010, 05:48:15 PM
I used the term "momentum" deliberately. In the vernacular of physics, it takes a prolonged application of angular acceleration to alter the direction of something in motion. One strike solutions are rarely effective. In that light, it may seem that individual effort is useless, but even the most minute changes will have cumulative effect and can catalyze changes beyond the expected. More colloquially, "you can't win if you don't play".

Don't let the RDAs of the world persuade you that you are powerless. Or they win.

there is no doubt that i would fight for freedom at any costs , but the system is so powerful and manipulative , the media is controlling the mass which is being confused with wrong informations and illusions and wrong ideals , they are too demoralized to use their own minds , i remember a german philosophers from back in in the 17th yearhundred , he predicted the situation in which humanity has fallen into , here is a quotation of him :

"education is the way out of humanities self caused mental immaturity , mental immaturity is the incapability to use your own intellect, this mental immaturity is caused by the individual person which is unable to take control of its own intellect , if the cause of it does not lie in the imperfection of the individuals intellect , but refusing of the courage to use it (it's intellect) by itself , to be unable to serve it's own mind."

another version of the quotation : "Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another."

I tried to translate it as good as I could , the philosophers name was Immanuel Kant .

I first heard of him a few years ago and he had some really interesting stuff going on in his mind , crazy that a person from so far back in the past could predict this .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Toruk Makto

Probably because the problems we see now are not new. Human nature has always been to take the path of least resistance. It looks different today because in the developed and industrialized nations, we are influenced by a society that has gone overboard to make everything too easy and safe. We are shielded by the laws and lessons of the forest and the jungle by our technology and our paternalistic, controlling systems of government. We teach our kids that they are special and successful just for showing up to the game. We teach them that they are entitled to anything they want with little or no effort because we want them to be "happy". It has made us selfish and greedy, and we have gotten soft.

I think it's a learned response. For proof of solution, take a group of humans and place them in the environment of Pandora and I bet you would see a similar civilization to the Na'vi within a few generations.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 04, 2010, 06:54:10 PM
Probably because the problems we see now are not new. Human nature has always been to take the path of least resistance. It looks different today because in the developed and industrialized nations, we are influenced by a society that has gone overboard to make everything too easy and safe. We are shielded by the laws and lessons of the forest and the jungle by our technology and our paternalistic, controlling systems of government. We teach our kids that they are special and successful just for showing up to the game. We teach them that they are entitled to anything they want with little or no effort because we want them to be "happy". It has made us selfish and greedy, and we have gotten soft.

I think it's a learned response. For proof of solution, take a group of humans and place them in the environment of Pandora and I bet you would see a similar civilization to the Na'vi within a few generations.

That's exactly the reason why I do not want to have children myself and expose them to this unfriendly and cruel world , by only looking at how I suffer of this so called civilization .

I guess it depends on what kind of humans you would place into the environment of pandora , if you put ignorant fools just like most of the people are in the society they will simply continue with what they had done on earth , they wouldn't value pandoras natural beauty .
I'd prefer the life tree at any time over a cold manifestation of humanities ignorance made of steel and concrete , I don't have any understanding for such stupid individuals like those who support the exploitation of our dying world , they still keep their artificial smiles while they keep creation an illusion .
If I only had a free spaceride to pandora I'd stay there forever and wouldn't have any regrets about leaving this world , imagine the feeling of flying with a banshee , not nearly comparable to any feeling of freedom you could ever have in this society , I'd die for such a beatiful moment .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Toruk Makto

I bet an environment like Pandora would weed out the fools pretty quickly. Survival is a ruthless and impartial method of natural selection. The strong survive and go on to produce more strong. People that think that a "higher civilization" can safely ignore that will continue to weaken our species. Harsh? Of course it is. It's how the real world operates when allowed to do so naturally. The Great Mother does not take sides.

MaTe

Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: MaTe on January 04, 2010, 07:44:28 PM
banshee - you can try this one... not as cool, but real %)

http://www.deltaclub.ru/photo/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=5

ye i've seen those things in the past and I was always anxious about trying it  , but today I'd do it anytime , because it makes you taste real freedom even if it's only for a short time , besides are they really called banshees aswell ?

Maybe you could make them at least look like a Banshee from pandora ,that would be quite awesome .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Coyote

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 04, 2010, 05:38:49 PM
I fully agree to you , but i think thats easier said than done , throughout history humanity has proven that it doesn't like changes or things which are unfamiliar to it , if you go out and do it you'll just be another savage to the big manipulated mass , you are being group forced into this big mess and as soon as you leave it you'll be a "bum" , a treehugger,a moron or whatever they will call you , most people will fall back to their old habbits , because you just can't pull the cable out , it's much more enmeshed and complicated , you just can't erase yearhundrets of manipulation with one strike , it is a lot of work that has to be done to really get a positive result but I guess that there will only be few of those who really will stick to it .
In this world you are being told that you are a free man , that you have a free will , but you really don't , you are bound to thick boundaries tying you tight to the system , the biggest success of the "devil" was to make humanity believe he doesn't exist , and with devil I'm not referring to a fallen angel .

It can be hard to fight upstream, but trust me there are a lot of people out there doing it. You, I, any of us here are not alone in being careful with the environment, with animals, and just doing the right thing. And if someone says "what are you, some tree-hugger?" I say, "Yeah. I am. So what?" People who think caring about the environment is stupid or "pansy" are, well, stupid pansies who can't break out of the herd-- buying stuff the don't need because the TV told them to. They try to feel better about their own stupid choices by tearing others down.

I recycle like crazy. My recycle bin is always full, my garbage bin can take 2-3 weeks to fill. I ask myself if I really, really need something before I buy it. I don't buy from stores that don't use recyclable containers, or contribute to wasteful production (no fast food, but then that's no big loss).

There are so many little things people can do, but don't think of... and each one is important.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2010, 08:06:47 PM
Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 04, 2010, 05:38:49 PM

It can be hard to fight upstream, but trust me there are a lot of people out there doing it. You, I, any of us here are not alone in being careful with the environment, with animals, and just doing the right thing. And if someone says "what are you, some tree-hugger?" I say, "Yeah. I am. So what?" People who think caring about the environment is stupid or "pansy" are, well, stupid pansies who can't break out of the herd-- buying stuff the don't need because the TV told them to. They try to feel better about their own stupid choices by tearing others down.

I recycle like crazy. My recycle bin is always full, my garbage bin can take 2-3 weeks to fill. I ask myself if I really, really need something before I buy it. I don't buy from stores that don't use recyclable containers, or contribute to wasteful production (no fast food, but then that's no big loss).

There are so many little things people can do, but don't think of... and each one is important.

You are right , no doubt about it , but I personaly doubt that the people of earth will ever have such a strong relationship to nature as the people of the Na'Vi do , I don't say that everyone has to worship nature , but respect it as your origin , if you ask a person to really feel into themselves I almost guarantee you they will come to the point where they understand it , maybe you should take them with you and have a discussion with them about their point of view on life and what their aims are , I bet they'll soon discover that driving a Porche and having alot of money won't satisfy anyone for a long period of time .
Actually I think that those rich and blinded people are the most depressed of all of the people , because someday when they are old and about to fade away , they are going to ask themselves "was it really worth it working all day long to afford materialistic things , couldn't I have done much better by supporting my people?" , in the end I guess everyone will regret this false striving for false ideals but then it's always too late to change anything , sadly .

Besides I also like to "dose" things I use , I don't like using a thing and throw it away after just one use , but I think you are better with it than I am, what do you recicle for example , maybe you have some good advices for me to do better .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Coyote

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 04, 2010, 08:18:10 PMActually I think that those rich and blinded people are the most depressed of all of the people , because someday when they are old and about to fade away , they are going to ask themselves "was it really worth it working all day long to afford materialistic things , couldn't I have done much better by supporting my people?" , in the end I guess everyone will regret this false striving for false ideals but then it's always too late to change anything , sadly .

Yeah... you speak truth, and it can be depressing. But then again, look, the environmental movement is bigger now than it has been for decades. Wind and solar and alternative fuels are on the minds of ordinary people, not just scientists and dreamers. Change comes slow, but it comes. A generation ago, there were few, if any, laws protecting whales, and if you proposed such a law people looked at you like you were crazy. There are now wolves thriving in my home state of Idaho where there were none just 20 years ago.

In the USA we talk about how important the "individual" is. We do need to think more in terms of the community and helping others. Things like this are coming, we just have to keep doing it and provide the good example.

Every week I put out my recycling and my garbage for the trucks to pick up. Each time my neighbors can see how much I try to recycle. Will they really, really notice? Who knows. Maybe. If they do, will they think about what they're doing? Maybe. But if just one of them notices, and changes his habits to recycle more, I've won a big victory: where there was 1, now there are 2. Maybe next week there will be 4.

Someday, maybe they will shut down the garbage entirely because everyone is recycling, and garbage trucks aren't needed. Who knows? I can at least try.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2010, 08:29:24 PM
Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 04, 2010, 08:18:10 PMActually I think that those rich and blinded people are the most depressed of all of the people , because someday when they are old and about to fade away , they are going to ask themselves "was it really worth it working all day long to afford materialistic things , couldn't I have done much better by supporting my people?" , in the end I guess everyone will regret this false striving for false ideals but then it's always too late to change anything , sadly .

Yeah... you speak truth, and it can be depressing. But then again, look, the environmental movement is bigger now than it has been for decades. Wind and solar and alternative fuels are on the minds of ordinary people, not just scientists and dreamers. Change comes slow, but it comes. A generation ago, there were few, if any, laws protecting whales, and if you proposed such a law people looked at you like you were crazy. There are now wolves thriving in my home state of Idaho where there were none just 20 years ago.

In the USA we talk about how important the "individual" is. We do need to think more in terms of the community and helping others. Things like this are coming, we just have to keep doing it and provide the good example.

Every week I put out my recycling and my garbage for the trucks to pick up. Each time my neighbors can see how much I try to recycle. Will they really, really notice? Who knows. Maybe. If they do, will they think about what they're doing? Maybe. But if just one of them notices, and changes his habits to recycle more, I've won a big victory: where there was 1, now there are 2. Maybe next week there will be 4.

Someday, maybe they will shut down the garbage entirely because everyone is recycling, and garbage trucks aren't needed. Who knows? I can at least try.

Ye i totally get you , do you remember the kopenhagen conference ? I was really disappointed that it became quite a fail , all important industrial nations of the world came together and you could see that they weren't there to seriously discuss the problems that we are causing , it was like a huge poker game , nobody wanted to start , make an offer or even an agreement at all , what a huge disappointment our so called leaders are if it really goes about our future .

It could be so much money saved up if there wouldn't be any armies at all , militarism and imperialism consumes such huge amounts of money each year,  imagine how much money could be used to aid people who really need help , it could be used for so many good things , the state is spending so much money on unnecessary things , in the end it's our money and I don't think that people want the state to build any more killing machines or anything like that with their money at all.

It's really sad that even a 20 year old normal guy like me can draw parallels to our past , and I ask myself if they still haven't learned anything from it , is it so hard to just lay down your weapons and to emerge from their curtain behind which they are all hiding , if everyone would just take care of what's really important instead they are playing this dangerous never ending game which might one kill us all .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away