You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when...

Started by 'Oma Tirea, December 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 21, 2011, 10:47:44 PM
ah, okay, I get it now :P sorry for being... a little air-headed about that ;)

not sure I have heard (or known of) a Na'vi word with a 'real' rolled r- could you reference a few that should be rolled? and how would you tell the difference?

Might I suggest listening to Dr. Frommer's message he sent to the community oh so long ago? All throughout it you can hear the rs are flapped--and there are two examples of the rolled r, watch for them. First is in the slide (near the end) that says:
Tì'eyngit oel tolel a krr, ayngaru payeng.
When I receive an answer, I will let you know.

And then in the next slide you can hear it in tsakrr.

You can listen to the speech here. Just click on the big link that says, "Oe new ta upxaret Karyu Pawl tivìng mikyun nìNa'vi!". ;)

ToktorGrace

I love drinking the pomegranate juice "POM" now because it means kiss in Na'vi :3 

(you can thank Payoang for that... hehe)
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

aw, ma Tivawm'ia, I like that :P I like blueberry pomegranate, myself. real pomegranates are fun to eat too :D pomegranates and starfruit are my favorite fruits.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Lolet

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 22, 2011, 03:43:33 AM
aw, ma Tivawm'ia, I like that :P I like blueberry pomegranate, myself. real pomegranates are fun to eat too :D pomegranates and starfruit are my favorite fruits.

I like to pretend that exotic fruit is from Pandora.  ;D

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Lolet on February 22, 2011, 07:45:26 PM

I like to pretend that exotic fruit is from Pandora.  ;D

Fì'u!

Where is a "Like" button when you need one!?

And thanks Neyn'ite :3
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

mllte, ma Lolet ;)

nìprrte', ma tsmuke Tìvawm'ia. oer yawne pomegranate lu nìtxan.

ToktorGrace

Oe tslam :D

And now worries Ive been on this site since May and I feel like Im still very far behind *blames actual school work*

that is quite alright, ma Tìvawm'ia. real life is more important and does come first. I'm sure a lot of others here are having the same issues. at least you all have lives. HRH. I do nothing. :P

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Tìvawm'ia on February 22, 2011, 09:46:25 PM

And now worries Ive been on this site since May and I feel like Im still very far behind *blames actual school work*

Actually you don't need <iv> at all there because you're not using it with a modal verb or anything, so you got it right :) If you were saying I can understand then you'd need <iv> in tslam because tsun is a modal verb. [/offtopicness]

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 22, 2011, 09:31:50 PM
Oer yawne pomegranate LU nìtxan.
;)

When you want to go outside when it's raining and search for a plant to drink out of.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 22, 2011, 10:08:37 PM
that is quite alright, ma Tìvawm'ia. real life is more important and does come first. I'm sure a lot of others here are having the same issues. at least you all have lives. HRH. I do nothing. :P

I'm in the same boat. I still can't say anything beyond the simplest of sentences...and I've been here since April. College and life take a lot of time. :(

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on February 23, 2011, 08:14:05 AM
When you want to go outside when it's raining and search for a plant to drink out of.
A friend of mine made a joke about this when I first told him I was interested in Avatar. I was staying at his house and it was raining. I said there was nothing to drink. He answered with something along the lines of "Go find some water in a leaf. It's raining after all." :P
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

irayo, ma Emibh! :D

ma Swoka, srane, no shame in having a life (unlike me :P)
I like your story :P I always wondered how pure and amazing the water on Pandora would taste compared to the water here on 'Rrta. :D

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 23, 2011, 02:24:34 PM
I like your story :P I always wondered how pure and amazing the water on Pandora would taste compared to the water here on 'Rrta. :D
I've wondered the same thing. :)

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 23, 2011, 02:00:35 AM

Actually you don't need <iv> at all there because you're not using it with a modal verb or anything, so you got it right :) If you were saying I can understand then you'd need <iv> in tslam because tsun is a modal verb. [/offtopicness]

-Txonä Rolyu

^^ Irayo nìtxan!

Human No More

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 23, 2011, 02:24:34 PM
irayo, ma Emibh! :D

ma Swoka, srane, no shame in having a life (unlike me :P)
Mllte... It must be amazing. Even the rain here is dirty :(

...when you walk barefoot outside, and don't even care when people look any more ;D
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Human No More on February 24, 2011, 09:27:59 AM
...when you walk barefoot outside, and don't even care when people look any more ;D
I used to go for barefoot walks in the summer sometimes when I was younger...

Anyway, on topic:

...when you start daydreaming about Avatar in class, and struggle get back on task (have had this happen a few times in economics class :P )

ma Swoka; I've been having some nightmares related to some (stupid) fake documentary videos and every time I'm trying to sleep and the thoughts about them creep up I Avatar-fantasize :D

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 24, 2011, 06:02:23 PM
ma Swoka; I've been having some nightmares related to some (stupid) fake documentary videos and every time I'm trying to sleep and the thoughts about them creep up I Avatar-fantasize :D
Think about Avatar does have a calming effect... :D

Tsteu nantang

When you cant wait for summer so you can just lay down in the grass, shirtless and shoe-less, and imagine your on Pandora.

p.s. spanish class is terrible for trying to stay focused, every class Avatar pops into my head.
(I've answered many questions with srane and kehe... and I get confused looks for it.)
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]