You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when...

Started by 'Oma Tirea, December 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

ma Tsteu, I wish I could lay in the grass. I'm in southern Florida where every single foot of grass is infested with fire ants. makes me so sad... :'(
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Tsteu nantang

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 24, 2011, 11:20:39 PM
ma Tsteu, I wish I could lay in the grass. I'm in southern Florida where every single foot of grass is infested with fire ants. makes me so sad... :'(

I feel for you... I'm sorry you cant experience this amazing feeling. :(
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

it suckss. :( I've done it before but I've lived in Florida for almost eight years now. I like it here (sometimes the heat is WAY too much though) but there are definitely some things I miss about up north. like laying in the grass, or lightning bugs :D

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on February 24, 2011, 02:38:58 PM
Anyway, on topic:

...when you start daydreaming about Avatar in class, and struggle get back on task (have had this happen a few times in economics class :P )

YES!!! I do this all the time in all my classes. Glad I'm not alone. Also something I do a lot is I'll be thinking in Na'vi and if someone says something to me I respond in Na'vi. I love the WTF looks I get lol.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 25, 2011, 12:48:12 AM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on February 24, 2011, 02:38:58 PM
Anyway, on topic:

...when you start daydreaming about Avatar in class, and struggle get back on task (have had this happen a few times in economics class :P )

YES!!! I do this all the time in all my classes. Glad I'm not alone. Also something I do a lot is I'll be thinking in Na'vi and if someone says something to me I respond in Na'vi. I love the WTF looks I get lol.

-Txonä Rolyu
That must be awkward...

I don't speak the language well (< 100 word vocabulary and pronunciation absolutely sucks :( ), so the only embarrassments that I've had from Na'vi were when I accidentally answered the phone Kaltxí, and almost said thanks for dinner to my friend's parents in Na'vi :-\

I've had other (English) times that caused embarrassment from Avatar though. In high school, someone asked me "What are you going to do? Give up?" once (in reference to a difficult task) and without thinking the first thing out of my mouth was "I can do that", said Quaritch-style :P

What's kind of funny is that even though I daydream in class sometimes, I still manage to get A's.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

haha, nice one, ma Swoka :P

it's hard to not want to reply to my mom sometimes in Na'vi; I don't because, if I would, I'd have to tell her what it translated to, then she would look at me like I was insane and insult me for learning a fictional language when I 'should be learning a real language'; or, she'll tell me she doesn't believe it translates to what I told her it did, thinking I said something rude. ::)

nawma skxawng

yeah, it is a real language, because real people speak it, my mom says that all the time

[url=http://j.mp/USEastLN][img]http://j.mp/e2FA8X[/img][/url]

'Awvea ultxari ohengeyä, nawma sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 25, 2011, 08:07:36 PM
it's hard to not want to reply to my mom sometimes in Na'vi;
Easy for me...because I don't speak it well enough to say anything even remotely useful :P

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 25, 2011, 08:07:36 PM
I don't because, if I would, I'd have to tell her what it translated to, then she would look at me like I was insane and insult me for learning a fictional language when I 'should be learning a real language'
If I could (and did) tell my mom something níNa'vi, the first thing out of my mom's mouth would be "What?". As for learning a real language, that's going to be forced on me in a year or so. I have to take 2 semesters worth of real foreign language :( (likely Spanish) for college.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

well, not in the 'real' sense of the word, ma nawma. it is a made-up language that was made for a movie. some people may have begun to teach themselves the language, but that doesn't make it a 'real' language, unfortunately :(

ma Swoka, I wanted to say 'irayo, ma sa'nok' to her last night but didn't :P

nawma skxawng

[url=http://j.mp/USEastLN][img]http://j.mp/e2FA8X[/img][/url]

'Awvea ultxari ohengeyä, nawma sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 25, 2011, 08:18:47 PM
ma Swoka, I wanted to say 'irayo, ma sa'nok' to her last night but didn't :P
I've said "irayo ma 'eylan" to a few friends a couple times without thinking. I told them what it means. Last time I did it, I actually got a "You're welcome" back (in English) from one of them. :D

cool, ma Swoka :D

a friend of mine wants to learn Na'vi but doesn't have internet access, so I'm slowly texting him words/translations :P

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 25, 2011, 08:30:59 PM
a friend of mine wants to learn Na'vi but doesn't have internet access, so I'm slowly texting him words/translations :P
That's gonna take a while :P

Maybe consider printing the dictionary and nutshell guide for him/her? Not sure how much paper you'll need now. Back when I printed them, they were like 15 double-sided sheets combined. Of course, that was April of last year, when the documents were a fraction of the size they are now. I ran them off in study hall (one reason I miss high school is the free printing)

kehe, I definitely wouldn't have enough printer ink for that! :P however, I wrote down the Prezi lessons 1 and 2 for him and, when he gets the chance to stop by, I'll be able to give them to him :]

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 25, 2011, 08:52:13 PM
kehe, I definitely wouldn't have enough printer ink for that! :P
That was my issue as well until I printed them at school. :P

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 25, 2011, 08:52:13 PM
however, I wrote down the Prezi lessons 1 and 2 for him and, when he gets the chance to stop by, I'll be able to give them to him :]
Can't really comment on the Prezi lessons. I've never used them...if only because they didn't exist when I started. I've been here as an unregistered lurker since February 2010, and active since April.

Hopefully they'll work for your friend though :)

irayo nìtxan :D you should take a look at the lessons; you could learn a bit more :D

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 25, 2011, 09:10:37 PM
irayo nìtxan :D you should take a look at the lessons; you could learn a bit more :D
I'll have to when I find the time. :)

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.