You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when...

Started by 'Oma Tirea, December 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalva

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 25, 2011, 11:09:25 AM
Zoe plays Lt. Uhura. She's the black communications expert on the bridge who really doesn't seem to like Kirk.

And I lost track of Techno's theatrical view count once it reached 140 ;)
oh that one... that explains why she seems so familiar when i watch the movie
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 25, 2011, 02:16:24 PM
The movie is actually 2.7 hours (162m, or 2hr 42m), so its 209.925 days
uh right it is 2.7 hours. what i remember is 2 hours 45 minutes, procedural error. i forgot to convert minute to decimal of hour

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

ma oeyä Eywa, I must catch up to you guys! I think I've only seen Avatar maybe 60 times. ;)

and I think Zoë pronounces 'ma Tsu'tey, kempe si nga?' right. just my opinion. *shrug* one of her best Na'vi lines, considering she didn't speak it all too well.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on April 30, 2011, 08:36:06 PM
ma oeyä Eywa, I must catch up to you guys! I think I've only seen Avatar maybe 60 times. ;)
You're ahead of me...only 42 here, mostly because watching is difficult due to lack of time.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

well, TBH, I have no idea how many times I've seen it :P so it may very well be more or less than the number I stated. ngaytxoa, ma Swoka. I hope, one day, you get to watch it in it's entirety.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on April 30, 2011, 09:29:41 PM
well, TBH, I have no idea how many times I've seen it :P so it may very well be more or less than the number I stated. ngaytxoa, ma Swoka. I hope, one day, you get to watch it in it's entirety.
It's bad because I'm in college. Currently getting ready for finals...I get out for summer on Wednesday though, so I'll definitely have time to watch it then. Haven't seen it since early March. :(

I've also been spending a lot of my time programming...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on April 30, 2011, 08:36:06 PM

and I think Zoë pronounces 'ma Tsu'tey, kempe si nga?' right. just my opinion. *shrug* one of her best Na'vi lines, considering she didn't speak it all too well.

I agree that the line is spoken correctly, but which line isn't? Certainly not the "Kawkrr" line, right?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 30, 2011, 09:49:23 PM
Certainly not the "Kawkrr" line, right?

Srane.  TEMO Zoë Saldaña didn't do the best for pronounciation.  The e-vowel is wrong (to say the least)...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Inspirata on May 01, 2011, 12:26:18 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 30, 2011, 09:49:23 PM
Certainly not the "Kawkrr" line, right?

Srane.  TEMO Zoë Saldaña didn't do the best for pronounciation.  The e-vowel is wrong (to say the least)...

It took me three views of the movie before I ceased to be mystified by her apparently switching from English to Na'vi, because surely she must have said, "You not Na'viya hapx(ì) ey!"
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

'Itan Atxur

Lol, I think we're a tad off topic now. Here's my attempt at getting back on topic.

You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when... you think the reason Neytiri mispronounced the words in that line AND said the line twice is because she was just so upset, she wasn't thinking straight.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 01, 2011, 04:30:37 AM
Lol, I think we're a tad off topic now. Here's my attempt at getting back on topic.

You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when... you think the reason Neytiri mispronounced the words in that line AND said the line twice is because she was just so upset, she wasn't thinking straight.

QuoteMa oeyä tsmukanna!... ma oeyä tsmukanna.

(only oeyä was somewhat illegitametely butchered there)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Syulang

Quote from: Human No More on December 27, 2010, 05:20:08 PM
When you hiss at people/things, without consciously deciding to.

i do that haha, I hiss at my brother when he annoys me. I almost did it to a guy at school without thinking, but I stopped my self  ;D
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, while I've been speaking Na'vi less and less, I've been hissing more and more.

Syulang

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on December 29, 2010, 12:45:28 AM
Quote from: Human No More on December 28, 2010, 03:51:07 AM
...when you want a Na'vi tail and would be willing to accept an experimental procedure for one :)

I have wanted (and probably still want) the same for a tswin :P fte tsaheyl si ;D :D

that would be so awesome! I would so do that too! magine being able to bond with our world and other people?  :)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Itan Atxur

If they were doing experiments for that kind of thing, I would so sign up almost no matter the risk... almost.

Syulang

ok, i definately have to come up with my own  :)

- when you say a na'vi prayer for the dead/ or dying, whether it is animal or person. Avatar has definatley made me appreciate the value of life, no matter how insiignificant the life seems.
- when you wish you could grow you hair to waist length, cut some of it short and braid it, and braid the longer part to look like a tswin  ;D
- i often wish i had 4 fingers instead of five  ;D
- when you insult people in na'vi ( mostly my brother, I just call him a skxawng. when my knowledge of na'vi improves, I shall come up wit more colourful insults  ;D )

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

archaic

Pretty sure there'd be a good market for tail attachment surgery.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

'Itan Atxur

They'd get half the active members of the LN community alone.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

When you start making random connections to it throughout the day and you don't even realize it.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on June 15, 2011, 02:28:59 PM
When you start making random connections to it throughout the day and you don't even realize it.

-Txonä Rolyu

Same with me, only I do realise it. :p

'Itan Atxur

When you compare every... single... movie... to Avatar.