You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when...

Started by 'Oma Tirea, December 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Technowraith

To help some of you better understand what exactly is going on here:

QuoteViewing update:

Collector's Edition: 25
Standard Barebones Edition: 677

Home theater (registered Avatar viewings): 2,788.

The home theater will increment the counter any time the disc is inserted, and the movie is played from start to credits. The counter increments during looped viewing, so every time the movie restarts, the counter ticks up by one. Partial viewings also increment the counter. Editions are not distinguished, so the Collector's Edition and Standard Edition both increment the counter.

Viewed the collectors edition Blur-ray 25 times.
Viewed the standard barebones edition 677 times. (This edition is the dvd released immediately after Avatar left the theater.)

My home theater silently keeps track of how times you watch a disc. It's a random feature I discovered about 4 months ago.  The home theater's viewing database isn't particular when it comes to defining "views." The reason the number of views is 2,788 is due to a few factors:

• Every time I insert either the Collector's Edition or the Standard Barebones Edition, the counter goes up by one. The database doesn't seem to distinguish between the two.
  • If the movie is on repeat mode (loop or repeat disc), every time the movie restarts, the counter goes up by one. If I leave the movie on overnight, loop it, and turn off the TV, the audio acts as white noise. In the 6 or 7 times the movie repeats during the night, the home theater increments the counter 6 or 7 times.
  • Partial viewings increment the counter. If I put the movie in and then stop it half way through, it counts as a viewing (because the system incremented the counter when the disc was inserted).
  • The reason I have only 677 views is because I only counted the times when I was awake to see the movie. The Collector's Edition is not viewed very often, hence only the 25 views
  • I've been watching Avatar on a fairly regular basis since the Standard Barebones edition came out.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

tewti, ma Techno, that's a really cool option you have on your DVD player!
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Technowraith

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on July 14, 2011, 02:08:07 PM
tewti, ma Techno, that's a really cool option you have on your DVD player!

It's actually a hidden feature. In other words, I was technically not even supposed even know it existed. But random button mashing on the remote caused the database to open, so a little googling and a call to tech support confirmed my suspicions on what it was. But it's a neat little thing I have.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

akiwiguy

YKYBWATMW you turn up to school on a Mufti day wearing shorts, a LN.org shirt and bare feet.

Technowraith

... completed another script recitation for another $50.  ;D

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Technowraith on July 14, 2011, 10:34:56 PM
... completed another script recitation for another $50.  ;D

At this rate you could get a job with this ;D ::) ;D

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

'Itan Atxur

When you've purchased 4 copies of the movie:

1) The original day one DVD (borrowed by a friend and never returned)

2) The original day one DVD... again (because the stupid friend never returned it and moved away)

3) The SE on DVD

4) The SE on BluRay

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Syulang

I have the normal DVD, the CE just on DVD, and in a few weeks I'll be getting the CE on blu-ray. I'm rather excited about this, as it will be better qaulity and mean I will be able to take better screenshots  ;D
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Irtaviš Ačankif

I am something of a money saver...

I only have the CE on BluRay. Then I re-encode it, correct the bad Na'vi (shahaylu, jake!), and put it on DVD - voila, the DVD CE. Then I return to the original BluRay, copy it to my computer, edit it up to make it the standard version, and make the standard version BluRay. Then I convert the result to DVD, and then goes the DVD standard version.

What I did is perfectly legal because I did not sell them or give them away.

Basically, you just need a CE BluRay to generate all of the versions...gonna be writing a script for those of you who want to automate this process.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

When you're reading a document of some sort and it says "Please agree to our TOS" and your first thought is "I have to agree to the Tree of Souls...what?" THEN it hits you..."OHHHHH Terms of Service!"

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 17, 2011, 10:42:02 PM
When you're reading a document of some sort and it says "Please agree to our TOS" and your first thought is "I have to agree to the Tree of Souls...what?" THEN it hits you..."OHHHHH Terms of Service!"

-Txonä Rolyu

For me it has been the other way around....

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on July 17, 2011, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 17, 2011, 10:42:02 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

For me it has been the other way around....

Other way around? How does that work?

-Txonä Rolyu

'Oma Tirea

I have thought "ToS", when it's supposed to stand for "Tree of Souls", stands for "Terms of Service".

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on July 17, 2011, 11:17:46 PM
I have thought "ToS", when it's supposed to stand for "Tree of Souls", stands for "Terms of Service".

Ohhhh lol!

-Txonä Rolyu

akiwiguy

When you see "NotW" on the news and think it means Na'vi of the Week instead of News of the World xD

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

you go on a three-week vacation and don't bring your Avatar copy because it's Blu-Ray and your living arrangement hosts don't have a Blu-Ray player and you go through serious withdrawal and then one of the first things you do when you get home is watch the entire Extended Version from beginning to end. :D
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Human No More

...when you are never without a way to watch Avatar for more than a day (I can just watch it on my laptop if need be).
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Human No More on July 24, 2011, 06:12:17 PM
...when you are never without a way to watch Avatar for more than a day (I can just watch it on my laptop if need be).

Wow. :o :o

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Human No More on July 24, 2011, 06:12:17 PM
Guilty of this myself (even though I never get to watch it in its entirety when I'm away). If I'm going out of town, I usually have my DS, so I can watch it on that. If I'm going out of town for several days, I bring my laptop or my Wii.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise