You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when...

Started by 'Oma Tirea, December 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syulang

QuoteIf I'm going out of town, I usually have my DS, so I can watch it on that. If I'm going out of town for several days, I bring my laptop or my Wii.

you can play movies on a DS?  :o Tewti! how do you do that?
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Syulang on July 24, 2011, 06:48:49 PM
QuoteIf I'm going out of town, I usually have my DS, so I can watch it on that. If I'm going out of town for several days, I bring my laptop or my Wii.

you can play movies on a DS?  :o Tewti! how do you do that?
Using homebrew...there's a DS media player called moonshell. It can play most music formats (MP3, WMA, etc.), and movies (DPG format only).
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Syulang

QuoteUsing homebrew...there's a DS media player called moonshell. It can play most music formats (MP3, WMA, etc.), and movies (DPG format only).

ah, I have an R4 card with heaps of games on it and you can have cheats and stuff... theres something on there called 'moonshell' that I saw... I'll aks about it.  ;)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Syulang on July 24, 2011, 08:38:02 PM
QuoteUsing homebrew...there's a DS media player called moonshell. It can play most music formats (MP3, WMA, etc.), and movies (DPG format only).

ah, I have an R4 card with heaps of games on it and you can have cheats and stuff... theres something on there called 'moonshell' that I saw... I'll aks about it.  ;)
You'll probably need to update moonshell. The one that comes with the R4 software outdated.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Syulang

You'll probably need to update moonshell. The one that comes with the R4 software outdated.

ah, crap. oh well, I'll still ask. irayo for telling me.  :)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Syulang on July 24, 2011, 09:24:03 PM

ah, crap. oh well, I'll still ask. irayo for telling me.  :)
No problem...I found out the hard way...

Äteya

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on June 20, 2011, 09:06:19 PM
Quote from: Human No More on June 20, 2011, 05:04:45 PM
I don't compare anything to Avatar because there is no basis for comparison - Avatar is simply better than anything else ever made.

Txonä Rolyur sunu fì'u Ngay lu tsaw nìtxan.

this. and also, seeing a blue billboard, my reaction; "IS IT AVATAR 2?!?! MOE!" ;P

when you need a break because you're kinda getting antsy whenever you turn it on even when you are enjoying every bit of it at the same time. pxasìk! :P
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Human No More

Quote from: Äteya on July 31, 2011, 04:16:19 PM
When every day you make your mom braid your hair. ;D
Brilliant :P

I wish I could braid mine... it's too curly and just tangles if I do :'(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Syulang

Quote from: Human No More on August 05, 2011, 02:12:46 PM
Quote from: Äteya on July 31, 2011, 04:16:19 PM
When every day you make your mom braid your hair. ;D
Brilliant :P

I wish I could braid mine... it's too curly and just tangles if I do :'(
wish i could too, but my hairs probably too short  ::)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Äteya

My hair is fairly long. :) I just wish I could braid it myself. :(

Amaya

Quote from: Äteya on August 06, 2011, 08:49:50 AM
My hair is fairly long. :) I just wish I could braid it myself. :(

It just takes practice.  Start with braiding someone else's hair (or a wig or something), then move on to a braid on the side of your head.  Concentrate on how your fingers work and how the hair moves between them.  Then you can move on to braiding the back of your head.  Some people pull the braid to one side or the other when it gets too far down their back but I don't really recommend that.  Instead, what I do is flip the braid up over the top of my head and work that way. <--I realize this last might be a little confusing at first, so maybe start out by pulling the braid around to one side to finish it, then move to the other after.

And to keep this on topic, YKYBWATMW you have random dreams involving working as a scientist in an AVTR lab.

>.> yeah, I know.

Irtaviš Ačankif

when you INTENTIONALLY have Avatar dreams using LD techniques and call yourself the unilngopyu on DreamViews :D
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Amaya

;D  Lucid Dreaming is all fine and dandy, but it's much more fun to tune in the lucidity once the dream has already started.  After all, the subconscious has so many interesting ideas of things to throw together!

<--has always been able to lucid dream, never needed to learn how, never knew any different from early childhood :P

Irtaviš Ačankif

I always envy my friend who can 100% accuracy do Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams every night and have epic serial dreams that connect to each other* and exist in a huge sci-fi fictional universe complete with weapons, planes, bases, strategic war plans, et cetera. I always ask him to put a Scorpion helicopter in it, but he always says that it is way too weak   ;D

*he's doing it since last year and never stopped  :o but he isn't an Avatar tse'ayu... sad. I'll be expanding the Na'vi vocabulary with lucid dreams if I can do it his way. Just...umm...ask a random Na'vi how to say this or this and my subconscious will come up with a procedurally generated word...cool

BTW my lucid dreams are usually DEILDs or CAN-WILDs (both variations of WILD from the DV forum) and involve me exploring the dream world and touching objects etc since I don't have too many LDs (10 in the last 3~4 months!) I usually want to make the best of it by exploring it, which usually makes me wake up :( I really want a good long dream on Eywa'eveng!

Syulang

I wish I could have lucid dreams. that would be so awesome!  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Äteya

I had lucid dreams before I heard about lucid dreaming. I just thought it was normal to decide that I wanted to fly and then start flying and stuff like that. ???

Irtaviš Ačankif

Lucid dreams can is something you can nume. I didn't lucid dream before I learned it. DreamViews.com is a great resource, though some members of the forum will try to convert you to pseudoscientific theories such as shared dreaming and the "astral plane". Lucidity.com is more scientific and theoretical, but its methods don't work as well and are decades old.

Anyway, you don't need to watch AVATAR too much if you can dream about AVATAR too much!

Syulang

when you look at someone's foot and think it's strange that they have five toes  ;D ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia