You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when...

Started by 'Oma Tirea, December 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Syulang on August 23, 2011, 07:14:47 AM
When you make a makeshift loincloth out of a scarf  ;D

You're in good company there.  I started dressing up in various creative ways in my mother's scarves as soon as I was old enough to grasp the concept of the safety pin.  :-[ :-X :P
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Irtaviš Ačankif

When you demand to watch Avatar Collectors' Edition at your cousin's house, only to have him refuse and start watching some dumb anime. So I just plugged the HDMI in, opened by BluRay dump, started playing it, and then just switched the channel. I actually kind of made my cousin watch Avatar. Needless to say, five minutes in, he was stuck to the sofa like a taronyu to his ikran... ;D
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on August 23, 2011, 10:57:34 AM
When you demand to watch Avatar Collectors' Edition at your cousin's house, only to have him refuse and start watching some dumb anime. So I just plugged the HDMI in, opened by BluRay dump, started playing it, and then just switched the channel. I actually kind of made my cousin watch Avatar. Needless to say, five minutes in, he was stuck to the sofa like a taronyu to his ikran... ;D

Wìn xD

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Syulang

when your sitting on a coach, and somone says "This is Sparta!" and you think 'No... Fìtsenge awngeya! This is PANDORA!'  ;D
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Syulang on August 26, 2011, 10:48:40 PM
when your sitting on a coach, and somone says "This is Sparta!" and you think 'No... Fìtsenge awngeya! This is PANDORA!'  ;D

Kehe.  Fì'u lu INSPIRATA! xD

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Syulang

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Human No More

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on August 23, 2011, 10:57:34 AM
Brilliant! Txantsan :)

I wish I could get anyone to watch Avatar like that...
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Syulang

QuoteBrilliant! Txantsan :)

Mllte. my parents and brother think its weird I like it so much and dont want to watch it with me.  ::)

anyway, ykybwatm when you like your pointy teeth. they're not very big or long, but it's a start  ;D
when you hold onto edges and stuff with your toes.
when you hold things with only four fingers.
and when you never get tired of watching Avatar!  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Human No More

I do all of those :)
I also love running barefoot and use my toes for more grip on the ground - it's a lot easier than wearing shoes for me now.

...when you understand that you can NEVER watch Avatar too much.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

archaic

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on December 27, 2010, 12:01:26 AM
When you think of Avatar every time you hear the music from the Fox logo...

This, still. And still disappointing when it's something else, even if it's something I like!

When you think your interest might be over it and ready to move on, then something small draws you right back in again.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Syulang

when you have this argument with your brother:

I can ride an ikran!
no you can't
yes i can
no you can't!
yes i can!
no you can't!
IN MY DREAMS!
your dreams are pathetic.

;D ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Syulang on August 27, 2011, 02:05:02 AM
QuoteBrilliant! Txantsan :)

Mllte. my parents and brother think its weird I like it so much and dont want to watch it with me.  ::)

anyway, ykybwatm when you like your pointy teeth. they're not very big or long, but it's a start  ;D
when you hold onto edges and stuff with your toes.
when you hold things with only four fingers.
and when you never get tired of watching Avatar!  ;D
The main reason is that I'm not actually an Avatar nerd more than a linguistics nerd, and I don't actually make watching Avatar a routine or something. It was only my seventh complete viewing (I only watched it once in the theater with really crappy cellophane-film-based 3D) so it is not outstandingly weird for me to watch Avatar like that.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Syulang on August 28, 2011, 12:54:42 AM
when you have this argument with your brother:

I can ride an ikran!
no you can't
yes i can
no you can't!
yes i can!
no you can't!
IN MY DREAMS!
your dreams are pathetic.

;D ;D

;D ;D Most hilarious. I wish I could control my dreams to allow me the feeling of making tsaheylu and flying with my own ikran. That would be so epic.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

ma Syulang, I am cosplaying as Neytiri for Halloween (as well as a photoshoot) and am going to wear a long brown scarf across my chest diagonally as a top. :]

you know you're watching Avatar too much when you get to the point where you actually need a break from it so that you can rediscover it's beauty without getting just a tad bit annoyed that you know every second by heart :D don't get me wrong, if I could only watch one movie for the rest of my life it would be Avatar, and I would watch it over and over again in a day, but there is a point when I get to be like, *mouthing words... thinks, 'something new should happen..'* :P
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Amaya

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on August 28, 2011, 04:55:45 PM
you know you're watching Avatar too much when you get to the point where you actually need a break from it so that you can rediscover it's beauty without getting just a tad bit annoyed that you know every second by heart :D don't get me wrong, if I could only watch one movie for the rest of my life it would be Avatar, and I would watch it over and over again in a day, but there is a point when I get to be like, *mouthing words... thinks, 'something new should happen..'* :P

;D ;D ;D ;D this is why I write fanfic. ;)

You know you've been watching Avatar too much when you decide to re-watch LoTR and wonder why they didn't all just fly out to Mt. Doom on their ikran...and then you ponder whether hobbits would even ride ikran in the first place or whether they'd need something smaller  :-\ :P

Syulang

I've seen the picture, ma tsmuke, it looks really good!  :) and I get what you mean, I try not to watch it too often, wait a while and then watch it. It's so awesome  all over again  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Txura Rolyu

I have not watched it for the whole summer. Probably longer... I have nt kept track  :-\

You know you have been watching it too long when you plan to watch it when your AVTR friend comes to see you.  ;D

Syulang

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on August 29, 2011, 12:24:32 AM
You know you have been watching it too long when you plan to watch it when your AVTR friend comes to see you.  ;D

done this with a friend when she came over for a weekend, she likes it too, but not as much hrh  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia