You know when you've been watching AVATAR too much when...

Started by 'Oma Tirea, December 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txura Rolyu

Whenever I do that ^^ I usually get people going  :o  then the phrase, "Wow that is so cool. I love/watched/never saw Avatar, but that is so cool."

My thoughts to myself are all like.  ;D 'Yeah I am awesome.'
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Syulang

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 08, 2011, 11:00:28 PM
Whenever I do that ^^ I usually get people going  :o  then the phrase, "Wow that is so cool. I love/watched/never saw Avatar, but that is so cool."

Lucky. whenever I say it my brother wont shutup. "That language was only made for money... You're stupid coz you speak that... It's not a real language.." yada yada yada.

I was having a conversation on fb coz she was wondeirng where I got the Avatar soundtrack, and I said that I was learning Na'vi, and a sentence. She thought it was cool  :)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Syulang on September 08, 2011, 11:13:50 PM
Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 08, 2011, 11:00:28 PM

Lucky. whenever I say it my brother wont shutup. "That language was only made for money... You're stupid coz you speak that... It's not a real language.." yada yada yada.

I was having a conversation on fb coz she was wondeirng where I got the Avatar soundtrack, and I said that I was learning Na'vi, and a sentence. She thought it was cool  :)

The people I've spoken with at my university about it think it's cool :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Irtaviš Ačankif

Once I said a bunch of English to my friend and he thought I was speaking Na'vi...probably accidentally spoke it with a weird Na'vi accent! Or maybe because I mixed in a bunch of Na'vi grammar and words and the accent...Na'vinglish, anyone?  ;D

I think what I said was like:
If ngeyä litxll tsmukan Avatar loves lu, ten maypi kar him some Na'vi - he'll love it!

Still not sure why I blurted out that sentence. Definitely NOT on purpose, just maybe some error of my brain - I was speaking English perfectly before and after this sentence. By the way, the tsmukan is his little brother, who the speakee says is really obsessed with Avatar but only watches dubs because his English is super terrible... :o But the dub is terrible too. Guess what the following words are supposed to be (pronounce with Standard Na'vi rules): "Awmadikaya", "ilan", "Naydili", "Nawvay", "Sutay", "Mwoatì".

And more than 60% of the Na'vi is dubbed into Chinese...childish and bad Chinese often. Funny to hear "Makto ko!" turned into "Go to war!" and all of the numerous ayKehe in the movie into "Not that!" and also "Tsu'tey te Rongloa, Ateyo'itan [...] alaksi Omatikayaru, kìte'e sive" into Chinese in the style of a news announcer.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Human No More

...when after seeing it in IMAX again, you have a complete emotional breakdown on leaving.

Happened to me on saturday.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Syulang

When you have dreams of hissing at someone you don't like. Several times.  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Txura Rolyu

When you start reaching out and touching trees because you "want to feel more connected to 'Rrta".

Syulang

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 21, 2011, 05:11:09 PM
When you start reaching out and touching trees because you "want to feel more connected to 'Rrta".

Have done this. I feel like I want to spend more time outside in nature. I climbed a tree in our backyard, not that high, and just sat there for like 10 minutes. It was good.  :)

anyway, back on topic.
When you take every oppurtunity to do something Avatar related in your school work.  :)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Txura Rolyu

Syulang

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 22, 2011, 02:13:08 AM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on September 22, 2011, 12:33:42 AM
Quote from: Syulang on September 21, 2011, 07:40:37 PM
When you take every oppurtunity to do something Avatar related in your school work.  :)
Fì'u  :D

Like when we had to do our English exam again (first time some skxawng left the answers to the multiple choice on the back of the first sheet) we did the second part today, and we had to do a movie review. So I just happened to do mine on this really cool movie called Avatar  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Quote from: Syulang on September 22, 2011, 02:30:30 AM

Like when we had to do our English exam again (first time some skxawng left the answers to the multiple choice on the back of the first sheet) we did the second part today, and we had to do a movie review. So I just happened to do mine on this really cool movie called Avatar  ;D

Lulz that's a win! I'm just waiting for my first assignment that I can turn Avatar related.

-Txonä Rolyu

Syulang

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on September 22, 2011, 04:30:11 AM
Quote from: Syulang on September 22, 2011, 02:30:30 AM

Lulz that's a win! I'm just waiting for my first assignment that I can turn Avatar related.

-Txonä Rolyu

I also wrote 'yom' on the bottom of the inside of the clay bowl i made in art - everyone was like 'whats yom mean?' hrh  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Txura Rolyu

You could say a blue creature says it and millions if people have seen this creature. (cookie monster said "nom" and the Na'vi say "yom")  ;)

Syulang

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 22, 2011, 10:40:24 AM
You could say a blue creature says it and millions if people have seen this creature. (cookie monster said "nom" and the Na'vi say "yom")  ;)

That's how I remember what 'yom'means, coz of 'nom'  ;D

ykybwatm when your ears perk up when you hear noises, not that much, but still.  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Irtaviš Ačankif

oe mllte! That happens to me too  ;D

YKWYBWATM when you decide to compose a piano piece titled "12 Variations on a Theme from AVATAR"

Swoka Ikran

...when you wake up from a deep sleep at the mention of the word "Avatar".

(Speaking of this...I was asleep on the couch today with the TV on and woke up when the local ABC station ran a news story about the Disney Avatar addition)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Irtaviš Ačankif

hrh

...when you hear the notes "A# G# A# F#" start a composition by your friend, you automatically think, AVATAR RIPOFF!!!

Txura Rolyu

I have noticed my ears try to swivel around and perk up when I hear something quiet.  ;D