Your least favourite scenes

Started by Ftxavanga Txe′lan, January 16, 2011, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Quote from: 'Tsamsiyu on January 19, 2011, 01:28:55 PM
I liked the scene when they were comparing flight techniques or whatever... truthfully I liked it all... but there is one tiny bit that annoys me slighty...

The scene just after Grace dies and just before he delivers the epic speech he says to Tsu'tey 'You don't wanna meet my translating' - Anyone else feel like he kind of mumbled those lines a little bit too much? Yeah he was probably grieving over Grace... but even so! :P

I heard it as you would honor me by translating. ;)

'Tsamsiyu

Ah well, they mean the same in the end, but it was just a small thing :)
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Herwìna

I dislike the scene when Jake tells the Omatikaya about what sky people are planning to do... I hate it that they don't trust him and I hate it when Neytiri is like, "I trusted you!" I think, "the hell you did".
It's like, I understand that she is upset but what I see in that scene is her mistrust towards Jake, and I don't think her love to him is unconditional. It irritates me.

And hen we have this scene when Jake comes with the toruk and of course then Neytiri happily takes him back.
Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Human No More

Scenes with Quaritch in.

...other than his death ;D
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: lumivalko on January 19, 2011, 01:58:05 PM
I dislike the scene when Jake tells the Omatikaya about what sky people are planning to do... I hate it that they don't trust him and I hate it when Neytiri is like, "I trusted you!" I think, "the hell you did".
It's like, I understand that she is upset but what I see in that scene is her mistrust towards Jake, and I don't think her love to him is unconditional. It irritates me.

And hen we have this scene when Jake comes with the toruk and of course then Neytiri happily takes him back.

It's the first time that I hear this (these particular moments showing that Neytiri's love for Jake isn't exactly unconditional)! Now that you express that opinion, I guess I can say that I understand your point, though.. :o It could be possible, indeed. A likely alternative would be that Cameron only wanted some "suspense" and emotionally moving problems in the movie - which would be normal and understandable, since most movies these days are also made that way.

Nyx

Quote from: Kayrìlien on January 17, 2011, 01:33:21 AM
My least favorite scene, for a totally different reason, is when Jake finally has to explain to the Omatikaya that he has known all along about the plans to relocate them. As he's saying the line that's something like "...I fell in love, with the Omatikaya people, with you..." and Neytiri's expression changes from concerned to heartbroken in less than a second, I still get overcome with emotion at that scene.

Grr...I just hate how betrayed she must feel then. Gets me every time.

Kayrìlien
Interesting. I understand why you dislike that scene, but for me it's that strong (and contagious) emotion that makes me like it. I must sound like I want my favorite characters to suffer, but it's just that Neytiri isn't b**** and manipulative, she's honest about her feelings and she makes sure you know how she feels (another example of that is when Mo'at tells her she has to teach Jake, haha). It's refreshing. And I think this scene was done very well. But as I said, I totally get why you don't like it, it's not easy to watch.

Carborundum

Quote from: lumivalko on January 19, 2011, 01:58:05 PM

I don't have a problem with this particular scene; it makes sense to me that Neytiri would be really upset with Jake after learning he knew about the 'dozers.

The following scene is the one I can't accept. Jake is tied up and everyone is running away, Neytiri stops to look at him and... runs off! What the hell?! She just left him to die!
I'm working on a piece of fanfiction where I explore this very scene from Neytiri's PoV, mostly to try to explain to myself what is going on in her head.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

archaic

I thought it was simple, she can't understand how Jake could betray their trust, betray them, betray his own mate her.

They are a simple and honest people, Jake's web of deceit was beyond her comprehension.
Even Norm and Grace seemed to struggle with it.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I see your point, archaic. But leaving Jake to an almost certain death is very exaggerated, isn't it? :o I can understand Neytiri and the Na'vi are upset about Jake's betrayal and can't understand how he could do such an horrible thing, but they almost directly executed him.. For me, it's just not the Na'vi's style to do that. After all, even if he lied to them, he's nonetheless a part of the People!

Ekirä

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 22, 2011, 01:15:34 PM
I see your point, archaic. But leaving Jake to an almost certain death is very exaggerated, isn't it? :o I can understand Neytiri and the Na'vi are upset about Jake's betrayal and can't understand how he could do such an horrible thing, but they almost directly executed him.. For me, it's just not the Na'vi's style to do that. After all, even if he lied to them, he's nonetheless a part of the People!

Yeah, I agree...the Na'vi do seem to take "mated for life" pretty strongly, and for Neytiri to abandon Jake like that is a bit....harsh. :-\ But it was necessary for the story and I think having her be any other way wouldn't have worked. :D

archaic

I honestly thought the Na'vi were abut to execute Jake and Grace's avatars.

Jake infiltrated the clan specifically to gain intelligence that is about to be applied in bringing down home tree.
He has subverted tribal tradition, taken the daughter of Oloeyktan and Sahik for his own mate when she was promised to Tsutey.
He's lied to them, and withheld important information from them.
And his Na'vi sucks.

As Neytiri say's, Jake "can never be one of the people!"

Ekirä

Quote from: archaic on January 22, 2011, 06:11:56 PM
I honestly thought the Na'vi were abut to execute Jake and Grace's avatars.

Jake infiltrated the clan specifically to gain intelligence that is about to be applied in bringing down home tree.
He has subverted tribal tradition, taken the daughter of Oloeyktan and Sahik for his own mate when she was promised to Tsutey.
He's lied to them, and withheld important information from them.
And his Na'vi sucks.

As Neytiri say's, Jake "can never be one of the people!"

Remember, she agreed. She wasn't helpless in this decision, she wanted Jake instead of Tsu'tey, so I'll dispute that Jake took her.

archaic

Neytiri says .....
"You are Omatikaya now, you may make your bow from the wood of hometree," long pause "and you may choose a woman."
From that line and the way she delivers it, expression and body language, I suspect that the males choose a partner, and that the female has little or no say in the matter. Of course Jake wants Neytiri, but Jake is human, has different expectations, and is only willing to choose her if she want's him too.
But the others in the clan would not see it that way.

(You can see Neytiri's heart break when she thinks he might choose Peyral instead of her.)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: archaic on January 23, 2011, 09:19:08 AM
Neytiri says .....
"You are Omatikaya now, you may make your bow from the wood of hometree," long pause "and you may choose a woman."
From that line and the way she delivers it, expression and body language, I suspect that the males choose a partner, and that the female has little or no say in the matter. Of course Jake wants Neytiri, but Jake is human, has different expectations, and is only willing to choose her if she want's him too.
But the others in the clan would not see it that way.

(You can see Neytiri's heart break when she thinks he might choose Peyral instead of her.)

I had never interpreted this scene that way! :o Very interesting, I like to get new points of view like that. This particular one will make me observe the scene attentively when I watch the film again. :D

Anyways, I never even thought of considering Neytiri's reaction in that optic. For me, she simply wanted to introduce the topic in a "matter-of-factly" way, without showing directly that she wanted to be with Jake. Maybe she wished to give him an open and entire choice by hiding her own desire? For me, the concept of males being the ones to take the mating in hand and getting to choose their partner while females must accept their choice is rather unlikely. Again, it doesn't feel like the Na'vi at all to me, because we could almost see this as being sexist, whereas the Na'vi are all about freedom and equity, right?

Tsteu nantang

The entire war scene, I don't know why, whenever I get to the war scene I either skip through it to the battle with Quaritch or just turn the movie off.
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

Txura Rolyu

Least favorite scene....

Well it is a couple, but i consider them all one. It is when we meet all the other clans... They only visit two. I wish they would have explained more about the tribes and what they are known for rather than just a Pa'li clan and an Easter Sea clan.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Eanikran

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on January 29, 2011, 07:44:59 PM
<snip> and an Easter Sea clan.
I picture Le'eylan having pics of a bunch of Na'vi on an egg hunt in one of her PNgN prezis ;D

slä mllte oe, Jake said he had 15 clans, so they should have at the very least named summore. ::)

One of my least favorite parts is only a few seconds, when Grace comes into Kelutral and yells rutxe. super rolled R and over-exaggerated Tx. makes me punch things. ::)

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 16, 2011, 04:25:18 PM
End of battle before animals come...where did all the Na'vi go?! They couldn't all have died. HRH ;)

Norm explained via radio, to Jake, quote, "We're falling back, we're getting hammered!" meaning the Na'vi ran off.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Lolet

I hate the one where Neytiri drinks from a leaf. All I can think is, "Why are you opening your mouth so wide? What are you trying to fit in there?!". And then Jake stares at her in a creepy way...  ::)

archaic

It's an image that certain folks have used as the basis for certain photo manips. Some people :( :'(