Your least favourite scenes

Started by Ftxavanga Txe′lan, January 16, 2011, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Although we're all Avatar lovers, I believe it should be interesting to note the scenes that we have found less interesting or sloppy - because we most probably all have some. :) What are yours?

Nyx

Ohh I have one. During Jake's first flight, when they cut to him and Neytiri standing on that cliff and talking about how they were flying.. "I turn, I feel the wind", "I banked so hard!"... ugh.. just thinking about those lines makes me cringe! That would've been a really awesome shot if we couldn't hear them speak, I mean, it is really beautiful.. just.. shush!

Kay, rant over :P

Ekirä

Quote from: Nyx on January 16, 2011, 04:03:10 PM
Ohh I have one. During Jake's first flight, when they cut to him and Neytiri standing on that cliff and talking about how they were flying.. "I turn, I feel the wind", "I banked so hard!"... ugh.. just thinking about those lines makes me cringe! That would've been a really awesome shot if we couldn't hear them speak, I mean, it is really beautiful.. just.. shush!

Thisssss. I didn't like that one so much either. :P

My least favorite (I know some people will disagree on this) is the "going to mountains scene" because of Sigourney Weaver's acting, and also Joel Moore's. I mean, sure, I guess it fits their characters but... *shudder* I have something against it.

"There's a mobile link we can work out of, way up in the mountains."
*looks in mild disbelief* "The......hallelujah mountains?"
*pause, look* "That's right."
"Are you serious?"
*smirks a bit and looks back at Norm* "Yeah."

....end my least favorite scene. Don't hate me. :P

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

End of battle before animals come...where did all the Na'vi go?! They couldn't all have died. HRH ;)

ExLibrisMortis

This, neytiri had been spending the better part of 3 months with Jake. Not to mention that she was one of the best students of Grace's school, her eloquence with English should have been much much better than was portrayed in that scene.

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 16, 2011, 04:26:40 PM

This, neytiri had been spending the better part of 3 months with Jake. Not to mention that she was one of the best students of Grace's school, her eloquence with English should have been much much better than was portrayed in that scene.
Yeah, she talk caveman there. ;)

Nyx

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 16, 2011, 04:28:23 PM
Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 16, 2011, 04:26:40 PM

Yeah, she talk caveman there. ;)
Yeah, but it's more Jake's line that bothers me here... mostly the "banked"... don't make me explain why, haha

archaic

Thisssss. I didn't like that one so much either.

Quote from: Ekirä on January 16, 2011, 04:13:42 PM
My least favorite (I know some people will disagree on this) is the "going to mountains scene" because of Sigourney Weaver's acting, and also Joel Moore's. I mean, sure, I guess it fits their characters but... *shudder* I have something against it.

"Are you serious?"

I 'm OK with this scene, it's the dance afterward that was edited out that I don't like.

OK this is the biggy for me, Tsutey's death.
Not only did it mess up my fanfic, but it means Jake is Olo'eyktan! Which I felt was one step too far. It also means that Jake has responsibilities. He can't just disappear off for a couple of day's to do stuff, or fight faketuwong.

Or hitch to earth with a shape shifting alien in an improvised UFO ;)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ekirä

Quote from: archaic on January 16, 2011, 05:54:06 PM
OK this is the biggy for me, Tsutey's death.
Not only did it mess up my fanfic, but it means Jake is Olo'eyktan! Which I felt was one step too far. It also means that Jake has responsibilities. He can't just disappear off for a couple of day's to do stuff, or fight faketuwong.

Or hitch to earth with a shape shifting alien in an improvised UFO ;)

Well, even without Tsu'tey's death scene they showed Jake as Olo'eyktan--he was wearing the fancy necklace at the end. ;)

archaic

It might have been a gift, as a thank you for selling out the humans and helping the Na'vi to victory,  even after they where going to kill him and Grace.

Ekirä

Quote from: archaic on January 16, 2011, 06:15:27 PM
It might have been a gift, as a thank you for selling out the humans and helping the Na'vi to victory,  even after they where going to kill him and Grace.

Ehh maybe. :P ::) But the Na'vi seem like a pretty ceremonial culture, and I think they'd probably give him a gift that didn't suggest to everyone that he was Olo'eyktan.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ekirä on January 16, 2011, 04:13:42 PM

"Are you serious?"

How about "Interspecies Booty call"?  It shows off more of Norm's lekye'unga attitide.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Swoka Ikran

"I turn, I feel the wind", "I banked so hard!"... ugh.. just thinking about those lines makes me cringe!
Agreed. Didn't like those lines myself. To me, "I banked so hard!" made it feel military-ish...

That would've been a really awesome shot if we couldn't hear them speak, I mean, it is really beautiful.. just.. shush!
Also agreed on that. Now I want to find a still of that shot...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on January 17, 2011, 12:35:59 AM
"I turn, I feel the wind", "I banked so hard!"... ugh.. just thinking about those lines makes me cringe!
Agreed. Didn't like those lines myself. To me, "I banked so hard!" made it feel military-ish...

Well, Jake is marine, and maybe Neytiri was having nìNa'vi moment ::)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Kayrìlien

My least favorite scene, for a totally different reason, is when Jake finally has to explain to the Omatikaya that he has known all along about the plans to relocate them. As he's saying the line that's something like "...I fell in love, with the Omatikaya people, with you..." and Neytiri's expression changes from concerned to heartbroken in less than a second, I still get overcome with emotion at that scene.

Grr...I just hate how betrayed she must feel then. Gets me every time.

Kayrìlien

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 16, 2011, 04:25:18 PM
End of battle before animals come...where did all the Na'vi go?! They couldn't all have died. HRH ;)

That's a good point! ;D

I'd also totally agree with the Neyitiri/Jake scene after riding their Ikrans - it's a bit sloppy and weird. :D

I think the scene that gets the most on my nerves is when Trudy brings Jake to Quaritch, and Q. talks non-stop for five minutes. I guess what he's saying is important, but no matter how I try, I just can't bring myself to be interested. Every time, I just feel like using the "fast forward" to spare myself the boreness of the scene (and in fact, I sometimes really do that). ::)

Ekirä

I like listening to Quaritch....he sounds like such a villain. XD

archaic

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 17, 2011, 06:49:17 AM

I think the scene that gets the most on my nerves is when Trudy brings Jake to Quaritch, and Q. talks non-stop for five minutes. I guess what he's saying is important, but no matter how I try, I just can't bring myself to be interested. Every time, I just feel like using the "fast forward" to spare myself the boreness of the scene (and in fact, I sometimes really do that). ::)

But this is where we find out so much of Jake's back story!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: archaic on January 19, 2011, 04:40:19 AM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 17, 2011, 06:49:17 AM

But this is where we find out so much of Jake's back story!

Yes, I know! :o In fact, it's precisely because of that reason that I'm wondering about what would actually cause me to dislike the scene so much. It kind of doesn't make any sense! ::)

'Tsamsiyu

I liked the scene when they were comparing flight techniques or whatever... truthfully I liked it all... but there is one tiny bit that annoys me slighty...

The scene just after Grace dies and just before he delivers the epic speech he says to Tsu'tey 'You don't wanna meet my translating' - Anyone else feel like he kind of mumbled those lines a little bit too much? Yeah he was probably grieving over Grace... but even so! :P
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment