[TWìN] This Week in Na'vi

Started by Seze, December 15, 2010, 04:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

I'm interested in starting a new radio program on Tirea Radio titled "This Week in Na'vi".  It would be similar to the "This Week in Tech" podcast.  Just a bunch of friends getting together every week to discuss what has been going on that week.  Basically, we would pick a time to all show up in TeamSpeak, then just carry on a conversation about the past weeks events, with the expected off topic tangents from time to time.  I just envision this to be a lot like the conversations that have taken place in the past on TeamSpeak, from when it was heavily used.  The only difference being that it would be recorded and broadcasted LIVE over Tirea Radio.  

In order for this to work, I'm going to need the help of others who would be willing to show up on TS and carry on a voice conversation.  The conversation would probably be mostly in English, but I have no problems with using some na'vi as well.  

So, who's with me?

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Le'eylan

I like this idea a lot :D
I don't know if I could be in it though, but maybe!
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Plumps

Yup, like it! Even in Na'vi, I think that is possible! :)
Same as in the conversation at the workshop ... we can always say, ma frapo, rutxe srung sivi ;)

Seze

Also, anyone who is interested in helping out shouldn't feel like they have to do this every week.  If you want to show up every week, that is great, but if you only want to show up from time to time, that is fine as well.

omängum fra'uti

I'd prefer to do "This week nìNa'vi" :D (Same concept, but IN Na'vi)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Seze

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 16, 2010, 12:51:45 AM
I'd prefer to do "This week nìNa'vi" :D (Same concept, but IN Na'vi)

Sran, that does sound a lot better, slä my Na'vi skills aren't as sharp as some of the others around here...

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Are you always this awesome? Hrh, yes you are :) I'm definitely in! But a couple questions though:

Quote from: Seze on December 15, 2010, 04:50:38 AM
Basically, we would pick a time to all show up in TeamSpeak, then just carry on a conversation about the past weeks events, with the expected off topic tangents from time to time.

What do you mean by this? What would the "off-topic tangents" be?

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Seze

Well lets just say that I would be extremely impressed if we could carry on a decent conversation and not drift off topic from time to time.  All I'm saying is that going off topic from time to time is to be expected and will not be frowned upon, within reason of course.  The show won't really be edited at all as well, other than the end points, so there are no do overs, take backs, etc..  The show is going to be live on Tirea Radio as well.  I think its going to be fun. 

Date and Time: What is going to work best for everyone?  If I recall from the time when Team Speak was heavily used, it seemed like the best time was late at night for the US, evening for Australia, and morning for Europe.  I could be wrong, but thats what I remember.

Quote from: Seze on December 16, 2010, 03:48:57 AM
Well lets just say that I would be extremely impressed if we could carry on a decent conversation and not drift off topic from time to time.  All I'm saying is that going off topic from time to time is to be expected and will not be frowned upon, within reason of course.  The show won't really be edited at all as well, other than the end points, so there are no do overs, take backs, etc..  The show is going to be live on Tirea Radio as well.  I think its going to be fun. 

Date and Time: What is going to work best for everyone?  If I recall from the time when Team Speak was heavily used, it seemed like the best time was late at night for the US, evening for Australia, and morning for Europe.  I could be wrong, but thats what I remember.

But what would the "topic" be? When you say "talk about the past week's events" are you meaning only Na'vi related stuff or can we talk about anything?

-Txonä Rolyu

Seze

The core topics would probably the hot topics in the forum for the past week (Na'vi in the news, updates to peoples projects, answers to any questions of last weeks PNgN session, new Na'vi language info, etc.).  Since that could potentially be a short list, talking about other things like what the different panelists are doing/working on, the current weather in Sweden or other parts of the world (I love how global our community is), current local times, etc.  Besides the core list of topics, I just want this to be fairly unstructured, we don't take ourselves too seriously kind of thing.

Seze

I changed the acronym from TWIN to TWìN, thought the grave i fits in better...  ;)

Quote from: Seze on December 16, 2010, 05:17:12 AM
The core topics would probably the hot topics in the forum for the past week (Na'vi in the news, updates to peoples projects, answers to any questions of last weeks PNgN session, new Na'vi language info, etc.).  Since that could potentially be a short list, talking about other things like what the different panelists are doing/working on, the current weather in Sweden or other parts of the world (I love how global our community is), current local times, etc.  Besides the core list of topics, I just want this to be fairly unstructured, we don't take ourselves too seriously kind of thing.

Ohhhh! Ok sounds good :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Plumps

I'm from central Europe, would be online mostly in the evening ... except for upcoming weeks with the holidays and all ;) of course or the weekends, there I could be online in the morning.

'Oma Tirea

I'm in, as long as the time is OK with me...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tirea Aean

and now to settle the time issue... I would like to have it hosted at such a time that the maximum amount of people are able to attend at the same time.(clearly)

unfortunately, i will not be able to do this in the next upcoming semester. but you all still can.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 21, 2010, 01:55:36 PM
and now to settle the time issue... I would like to have it hosted at such a time that the maximum amount of people are able to attend at the same time.(clearly)

unfortunately, i will not be able to do this in the next upcoming semester. but you all still can.

I could post times here and/or on FB for when I'll be hopping on TS. We'll need Seze for broadcasting though. Or I suppose I could just record it, rip it to an MP3 format, and leave it in Kelutral for him. I think this stuff works better when there's nothing really planned, and someone just says "Hey I'm gonna be in TS come join me!" This was shown at the anniversary party. Ftiafpi just said "Hey I'm gonna be in TS for an anniversary party!" and look how many people showed up for that. That was awesome! I am going to cherish those recordings forever :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 21, 2010, 02:48:18 PM

I could post times here and/or on FB for when I'll be hopping on TS. We'll need Seze for broadcasting though. Or I suppose I could just record it, rip it to an MP3 format, and leave it in Kelutral for him. I think this stuff works better when there's nothing really planned, and someone just says "Hey I'm gonna be in TS come join me!" This was shown at the anniversary party. Ftiafpi just said "Hey I'm gonna be in TS for an anniversary party!" and look how many people showed up for that. That was awesome! I am going to cherish those recordings forever :)

-Txonä Rolyu

hey Txonä are you one of the people who read the channel description of Kelutral on TS 9988? thats how i think we are gonna do this. unless someone has a better idea. cuz imo thats the easiest way. it gets broadcasted live and also recorded.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 21, 2010, 02:50:23 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

hey Txonä are you one of the people who read the channel description of Kelutral on TS 9988? thats how i think we are gonna do this. unless someone has a better idea. cuz imo thats the easiest way. it gets broadcasted live and also recorded.

Just read it again. I can do that before I start recording TWÌN too :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 21, 2010, 02:57:56 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 21, 2010, 02:50:23 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

Just read it again. I can do that before I start recording TWÌN too :)

-Txonä Rolyu

WARNING:

whosoever sayeth these things to the bot that is in IRC shall surely be on the air and recorded.

this is why we should all go there as a group and one person do that and then everything from that channel is live and recorded.

Seze

Sran, TWìN was not meant to be recorded on a single person basis.  It is meant to be a group thing, with everyone recorded together on TS.