Internet Radio Station - Tirea Radio

Started by Tirea Aean, July 09, 2010, 05:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maweyatan

Woot! I was listening to it last night through iTunes.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Maweyatan on July 22, 2010, 11:18:22 AM
Woot! I was listening to it last night through iTunes.

I know! the link works even on iPod touch/iPhone! and no one has to change anything. this is the most compatible method by far, I believe. the Stream uptime is also not limited to 6 hours! current runtime for Icecast has been now about 15 hours. The site is coming together nicely...now just need to aim at the look. any web dev guys out there?

'Oma Tirea

Nice work to the TireaRadio bar in your sig, ma Tirea.
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Seze

Quote from: ln.sxkxawng on July 27, 2010, 02:47:48 PM
Nice work to the TireaRadio bar in your sig, ma Tirea.

I designed that one.  If anyone wants to use it in their forum signature, feel free.  The image is hosted on our webserver and can be found here: http://tirearadio.com/TireaRadioSig.png

We only ask that if you do use it, that you have a link on the image that points to http://tirearadio.com.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Muzer

Nice - I wish I'd noticed this earlier. It's fantastic! I'm putting it in my ~/.kde4/Autostart!
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Tirea Aean

yeah. plus just got done a few mins ago chatting with Learnnavi.org member Prrton. It was the First of hopefully many Na'vi nì'aw chats broadcasted on Tirea Radio.

Thanks for listening. :D

Muzer

Yeah - I didn't understand much of it, but I've not really done much listening comprehension, which would explain it. I do need more practice, and this sounds like a great way to do it!

I suggest sorting out the volume levels, however - the music is MUCH quieter than the voices (or it was when I was listening to your conversation with Prrton just now)

Tirea Aean

thank you for that...I will have to update my rig so it puts out voice that doesnt clip like it did today...

I hope to do this as often as I can...It's just that not many people can do that at this point whether it be not having learned enough vocab, or grammar...

If anyone wants to be featured on a Tirea Radio talk show, just add Tirea Radio(tirea.radio) and me(tireaaean) on skype, OR hop on into teamspeak3.

okrìsti

ayngar irayo seiyi furia pxeykor eltut oeyä :D
dA | nga tsun oehu pivlltxe fa skype: c4duser
awngeyä wìki sìltsan lu
txopu lu fya'o ne vawma pa'o – nawma karyu Yotxa

Muzer

There wasn't any music - not sure what those guys were on about.

The volumes sound right to me now, too.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Muzer on July 30, 2010, 06:26:04 PM
There wasn't any music - not sure what those guys were on about.

The volumes sound right to me now, too.

interesting...

thanks! glad to hear I got the volume sorted.

Plumps

Seze

Tirea Aean and I did some work on Tirea Radio last night.  It now plays things other than the soundtrack.  For example, we have an hour long recording of Tirea Aaen and Prrton conversing using na'vi nì'aw. 

Tìng mikyun

Seze

Tirea Radio Update

We now have a room (#TireaRadio) on the Learn Na'vi IRC server.  I also built an IRC bot that now lives on the server.  You can use it to see the current track being played (!np), how many listeners are connected (!listeners), skipping the current track (!skip), and few other things.  To use the bot, just type any of the above commands into the #TireaRadio room.

Muzer

Is there any chance of a stream with a better codec (ogg vorbis, for example, which is free)? For those of us who want to listen on their mobiles and need to use the 32kbit stream, which is awful on MP3.

Keep the stream at 32kbit, but have the option of using a better codec - that would be fantastic.

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Quote from: Muzer on August 07, 2010, 08:34:49 AM
Is there any chance of a stream with a better codec (ogg vorbis, for example, which is free)? For those of us who want to listen on their mobiles and need to use the 32kbit stream, which is awful on MP3.

Keep the stream at 32kbit, but have the option of using a better codec - that would be fantastic.

y r u unable 2 stream at 128kbit on your phone?

Tirea Aean

yeah...i have an BB 8330 Curve and i haz no trouble streaming 128kbps mp3...hmmm

Muzer

It depends where you are, which country and which part of that country. In a town or city, I can easily get a 128 kilobyte/second HSDPA connection, so there is no problem there (it's 8 times the required speed for the 128 kilobit stream). In the country, however, where your only connection is a dodgy GPRS signal from far away, one can only just manage 5 kilobytes/second, so the 32 kilobit stream is really the one that you need to use.

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Quote from: Muzer on August 07, 2010, 01:19:10 PM
It depends where you are, which country and which part of that country. In a town or city, I can easily get a 128 kilobyte/second HSDPA connection, so there is no problem there (it's 8 times the required speed for the 128 kilobit stream). In the country, however, where your only connection is a dodgy GPRS signal from far away, one can only just manage 5 kilobytes/second, so the 32 kilobit stream is really the one that you need to use.

ooo ok

Seze

I was planning on adding Ogg Vorbis support in at some point, just haven't gotten to it yet.  This feature request is now at the top of my Tirea Radio Todo list.  I will try to get to this as soon as I can, hopefully later tonight or in the next day or two.