Internet Radio Station - Tirea Radio

Started by Tirea Aean, July 09, 2010, 05:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

I just got the chat server up and running. come chat with us and learn how to use the TireaRadio IRC chat bot. ;D

http://tirearadio.com/chat

Seze

Irayo for taking care of that.  I just got "home" last night from a huge event in Texas, so I should be around a bit more now...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Seze

Tirea Radio will be getting some updates later tonight starting around 23:00 EDT and will may not be available for about an hour or two.  You can try to use Tirea Radio during this time, but the stream may go down numerous times during the update process.

Seze

Updates have now been successfully applied.  Tirea Radio is now setup to automatically record all live broadcasts...

Tirea Aean

Who likes the idea of a TireaRadio.com mailing list containing NgayNume Prezi updates and LIVE show reminders/announcements/requests?

good idea? bad idea? if enough people like the idea, I will do it.

Seze any ideas? i have a few, but as always, your way will likely be more efficient.

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 10, 2010, 04:21:23 PM
Who likes the idea of a TireaRadio.com mailing list containing NgayNume Prezi updates and LIVE show reminders/announcements/requests?

Seze any ideas? i have a few, but as always, your way will likely be more efficient.

Sounds like a great idea.  I will need to look into what to use for the actual mailing list bits, but it should be easily doable...

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on September 11, 2010, 07:23:24 PM

Sounds like a great idea.  I will need to look into what to use for the actual mailing list bits, but it should be easily doable...

Scratch that. I just made us an RSS feed. <cue Seze to find an ingenious way to make it better> XD

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 13, 2010, 07:29:59 PM
Quote from: Seze on September 11, 2010, 07:23:24 PM

Scratch that. I just made us an RSS feed. <cue Seze to find an ingenious way to make it better> XD

and he did. The site now tells the browser that there is a Feed there...

BUT:

Quote from: Twitter.com/TireaRadio
and so I decided, "why re-invent the wheel?" the RSS for TR is now coming from Twitter, where I post all the updates in the 1st place. ;D

just using the Twitter RSS feed is such a better idea. I update twitter about everything...and the Twitter RSS automatically generates, where i would have to manually update the TR RSS... <Removing the feed directory>

kaltxi Angtsik

Darn, I can't listen at work. port 80 would have been OK, but port 8000 is blocked. :(
Yawey ngahu!
Oe nerume fte pivlltxe nìNa'vi.
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Quote from: kaltxi Angtsik on November 05, 2010, 05:13:07 PM
Darn, I can't listen at work. port 80 would have been OK, but port 8000 is blocked. :(

hmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure why 8000 was the chosen port, perhaps its default? but im sure it can be changed via port fwding...but it has always been 8000...Seze? what sayest thou?

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 05, 2010, 06:47:37 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure why 8000 was the chosen port, perhaps its default? but im sure it can be changed via port fwding...but it has always been 8000...Seze? what sayest thou?

I sayeth that thy stream will never runeth on port 80, 80 is reserveth for thy HTTPeth traffic.  [/end crazy old english speak]  Port 8000 is the default port for Icecast.  Port 80 is the standard port for all website traffic, and for me to run the stream on port 80, I would have to have a second public IP address, since port 80 on my server is already taken by apache to serve tirearadio.com and projectngaynume.com and other work related sites.  You could always try asking your IT people to open that port up, but most likely they are blocking ports to keep certain high bandwidth traffic off the network (bittorrent, etc.) or to keep all internet usage limited to work related stuff.  If we did decide to change to a completely different port, it would also break everyones link to the stream in programs like iTunes, etc. and everyone would have to re-download the stream link to get the stream working again. 

Seze

We now have audio from the Na'vi language workshop with Paul Frommer up on TireaRadio.com

If you want to download the actual files (~600 MB), they are available here.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Seze on November 10, 2010, 04:51:55 PM
We now have audio from the Na'vi language workshop with Paul Frommer up on TireaRadio.com

WIN!!!!!! Downloading right now!

EDIT: Actually, I'll download this at work tomorrow, this will make great listening for car rides and while at work.

kaltxi Angtsik

That's awesome, will download now.
Yawey ngahu!

kaltxi Angtsik

Quote from: Seze on November 06, 2010, 09:36:37 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 05, 2010, 06:47:37 PM

I sayeth that thy stream will never runeth on port 80, 80 is reserveth for thy HTTPeth traffic.  [/end crazy old english speak]  Port 8000 is the default port for Icecast.  Port 80 is the standard port for all website traffic, and for me to run the stream on port 80, I would have to have a second public IP address, since port 80 on my server is already taken by apache to serve tirearadio.com and projectngaynume.com and other work related sites.  You could always try asking your IT people to open that port up, but most likely they are blocking ports to keep certain high bandwidth traffic off the network (bittorrent, etc.) or to keep all internet usage limited to work related stuff.  If we did decide to change to a completely different port, it would also break everyones link to the stream in programs like iTunes, etc. and everyone would have to re-download the stream link to get the stream working again. 

Thanks for the idea, but $BIG_COMPANY will never open port 8000 for employee use. That might fly at a smaller company but not here, unfortunately.

The default at port 8000, that's not necessarily a show stopper. The apache proxypass directive would allow you to tunnel the icecast traffic over port 80 without interfering with the main site, and without requiring an additional IP address.

Just designate a specific url on the site for proxypass, and you're good to go.

Yawey ngahu!

Tirea Aean

LoL seze this did nothing to our streamcount.

by the way. THANK XELLOS. these were his that he gave to me and allowed me to put on tr. letting you actually download them was Seze's idea.

Listen to our stream please. if you have any requests as to what material goes on there, please post in this thread. Soon i would like to start interviews. ;3 volunteers of cool people who wanna talk on the radio?

wm.annis

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 10, 2010, 08:05:34 PMSoon i would like to start interviews. ;3 volunteers of cool people who wanna talk on the radio?

I'm not sure I count as cool, but if you want to talk about things from the meeting taking place on these mp3s, I can make myself available.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: wm.annis on November 10, 2010, 08:16:26 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 10, 2010, 08:05:34 PMSoon i would like to start interviews. ;3 volunteers of cool people who wanna talk on the radio?

I'm not sure I count as cool, but if you want to talk about things from the meeting taking place on these mp3s, I can make myself available.

Dude you are totally AWESOME!

and even more so for volunteering. i really just want more material on the stream. how about we get a group of 3 or 4 goin? (including me) and we can talk about whatever? let me know and we'll schedule. i do skype but prefer TS3.

Eyamsiyu

IDK how available I can be before the end of the semester (btw, mine ends on the 10th of next month, if my memory serves correctly).  These days it is "cram/crunch" time, so honestly I shouldn't actually even be here. XD

However, once I'm done, I could provide some interesting conversation about an essay I have been working on dealing with teaching foreign language to elementary students in the U.S. (since most everywhere else already does that).  However, if you wish to stick with Na'vi, I shouldn't really volunteer myself, as so far I've been an entertainer in the spam section...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

wm.annis

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 10, 2010, 08:26:39 PMand even more so for volunteering. i really just want more material on the stream. how about we get a group of 3 or 4 goin? (including me) and we can talk about whatever? let me know and we'll schedule. i do skype but prefer TS3.

I don't care about Skype vs. TS3.  So long as I have more than, say, two or three days warning, and you stick to the weekend or after about 4:30pm weekdays, my schedule is usually flexible.