The State of Tirea Radio Address

Started by Tirea Aean, April 20, 2012, 10:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Listeners, managers, fans, and friends of TireaRadio.com....

The state of Tirea Radio is strong.

There is nearly no downtime in all its time on the air since the establishment of TireaRadio.com, for which I thank Seze.

The stream is now all music all the time. The old spoken content was becoming rather repetitive and stale.

The old search for scheduled live shows has sadly failed. However, with summer approaching again, I am willing to ask again for ideas and volunteers for scheduled live spoken content. feel free to start a new thread if you have a new idea, or volunteer inside an existing thread.

Thank you for listening, all you out there who do.

--Tirea Aean

Ftiafpi

Very good Mr. President. :P

Shame we can't put the spoken stuff onto it's own channel or something similar.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 20, 2012, 11:56:16 AM
Very good Mr. President. :P

Shame we can't put the spoken stuff onto it's own channel or something similar.

Thank you, sir. :P

Actually, about the time I posted this, I thougut of that. I thnk it is actually possible with the power of liquidsoap.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The spoken content, while repetitive, has been helpful in helping me learn to speak Na'vi better. Less of it, and sticking to the higher quality stuff might be the balance. It would also be good to once in a while bring back some historic material, like the audio from the Na'vi Language Seminar held back in October of 2010. Another interesting idea would be to occasionally play some of the Avatar Nation podcasts. But in any case, I do listen regularly to Tirea Radio, and I am glad it is there!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Oh! Thanks for listening!

I will try to dig around. maybe even make more material. I used to play all the recordings from Ultxa 2010 verbatim, but it was brought to my attention that not everythng there was fit for broadcast.

I might actually take some time right now to test my live broarcasting setup.

Blue Elf

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on April 23, 2012, 03:06:33 PM
The spoken content, while repetitive, has been helpful in helping me learn to speak Na'vi better. Less of it, and sticking to the higher quality stuff might be the balance. It would also be good to once in a while bring back some historic material, like the audio from the Na'vi Language Seminar held back in October of 2010. Another interesting idea would be to occasionally play some of the Avatar Nation podcasts. But in any case, I do listen regularly to Tirea Radio, and I am glad it is there!
Well, I'm also missing spoken parts. Maybe you can return back these with Frommer's voice at least?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Blue Elf

I tried to tune up TR today and it doesn't work.... 404 File not found. Tried 128 kbps, 32 kbps, Q-1 Ogg - still the same result.
Dark comes to Earth? :o

Seze

Quote from: Blue Elf on April 30, 2012, 03:12:30 PM
I tried to tune up TR today and it doesn't work.... 404 File not found. Tried 128 kbps, 32 kbps, Q-1 Ogg - still the same result.

It should be back online now.  My servers had to take a road trip recently...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Blue Elf

Quote from: Seze on May 02, 2012, 09:09:47 PM
Quote from: Blue Elf on April 30, 2012, 03:12:30 PM

It should be back online now.  My servers had to take a road trip recently...
It still is not. When going to http://tirearadio.com:8000/ting_mikyun_128, it says:
The file you requested could not be found

Seze

Just now saw that it was still down.  I didn't have email notifications setup on this thread for some reason.  Anyways, it should be back up and running now.

Also, I will need to bring Tirea Radio down later today to move it behind the new firewall I setup.  I'm waiting to do that until the TeamSpeak server clears out, lots of people in there right now...

Blue Elf

Confirming - it works now as before. Irayo nìtxan!

Seze

I just did some maintenance on the server, everything should be back up again.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Seze on May 06, 2012, 04:33:23 PM
I just did some maintenance on the server, everything should be back up again.
For me it works :)

stxong kameyu

Greetings to all, I listen to you at work all the time. Until I bought this blackberry playbook. The unable to format media prevents me to play the station with your .m3u or ogg. I want my laptop back. HELP! LOL ;) Be safe and be well.
Be Safe and Be Well on your journey.