TireaRadio: interviews and shows

Started by Tirea Aean, November 19, 2010, 10:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

THIS IS an invitation for any member of the LearnNavi.org forum to have either their own show, or participate in an interview, or appear on the TireaRadio.com stream at some time. this thread would be the place to state your interest, possible scheduling information, questions etc.

I have made a basic form for this. it is here:

http://tirearadio.com/showsign.html

this will just email me a copy of that information so i can keep everything organized. Then I can edit the TR google calendar with updated schedule information. please put your valid email address in the form, so that i can ask questions if you are one of those people who want their own show.

--Tirea Aean

akiwiguy

just a note:
you might want to fix your php so that it doesn't go through if you put nothing in the fields.
this would do it:

<?php
if(!$_POST['name']) {
echo 
"You didn't enter your name. <a href='[url]http://tirearadio.com/showsign.html'[/url]>Try again?</a>";
};
?>

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on November 19, 2010, 05:03:41 PM
just a note:
you might want to fix your php so that it doesn't go through if you put nothing in the fields.
this would do it:

<?php
if(!$_POST['name']) {
echo 
"You didn't enter your name. <a href='http://tirearadio.com/showsign.html'>Try again?</a>";
};
?>

thanks a load man!

but that doesnt work.

the system is an html page with <form method="post" action="mail.php"></form> i tried putting this php code in the html page and on the mail.php, and it still lets you go without filling it out. if you can solve this for real (or if i can stop failing at figuring this out), big karma for you. ;D

Seze

the PHP code goes in the form processing page, not the actual form page.  I made comments in mail.php.  I'm too tired to actually write the code right now, but you should be able to figure it out based on the pseudo code I wrote...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Seze

Some show ideas I had that I think the station could benefit from having...

-Word of the day
Quick and easy, most likely less than 5 minutes.  

-This week in Na'vi
A show that would discuss whats gone on in the past week.  If nothing new, just random talk about anything Na'vi related.

-Music Related
Pretty open ended, you could play fan music, tracks from the soundtrack, etc.

These are just a few ideas I had for some shows I would like to see on Tirea Radio.  Tirea Aean and I are pretty open to any show ideas you come up with, however we would like them to be somewhat related to Na'vi and/or Avatar.

akiwiguy

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 19, 2010, 06:22:47 PM
Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on November 19, 2010, 05:03:41 PM
just a note:
this would do it:

<?php
if(!$_POST['name']) {
echo 
"You didn't enter your name. <a href='http://tirearadio.com/showsign.html'>Try again?</a>";
};
?>

thanks a load man!

but that doesnt work.

the system is an html page with <form method="post" action="upxare.php"></form> i tried putting this php code in the html page and on the mail.php, and it still lets you go without filling it out. if you can solve this for real (or if i can stop failing at figuring this out), big karma for you. ;D
remove it from showsign.html, place in upxare.php, before _everything_ else. should work.
and, not mail.php. it's upxare.php, according to the html

Tirea Aean

Seze, I like those ideas. I spread the word in TS and on FB, i can hope that people will start up with this sometime soon. i have not lost hope. ;D Calling people from all over the boards of this community: listen to TR, appear on TR.

Muzer

I agree with Seze.

(Also, random note: is it just me or are the subtitles in the rerelease worse than those of the original? It says "seyzey", "shahaylu", and a few other fails, and I can't remember seeing those in the original)
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Seze

Quote from: Muzer on November 20, 2010, 06:07:34 AM
I agree with Seze.

(Also, random note: is it just me or are the subtitles in the rerelease worse than those of the original? It says "seyzey", "shahaylu", and a few other fails, and I can't remember seeing those in the original)

I saw those as well, though only in the special features section.  I think they used the original scene names instead of the Frommer versions of the words.  They also misspelled Toruk Makto as Toruk Macto...
[/off topic]

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Seze on November 19, 2010, 09:41:02 PM

-Word of the day

-This week in Na'vi
A show that would discuss whats gone on in the past week.  If nothing new, just random talk about anything Na'vi related.

-Music Related

These are just a few ideas I had for some shows I would like to see on Tirea Radio.  Tirea Aean and I are pretty open to any show ideas you come up with, however we would like them to be somewhat related to Na'vi and/or Avatar.

I definitely like the last idea...hopefully Tirea will finish our version of "I See You" and put in on the radio soon ;)

As for shows, I'd LOVE to participate in a show! Having my own would be nice, but I have no idea what I'd do. It would require wayy to much planning on my part that I just don't have time for.

However something I DO have time for is an interview! I'm definitely up for that! I'm gonna fill out the form right now!

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Plumps

Too bad the interview with wm.annis wasn't announced here where it belonged... :( I only heard 15 min or so... Will it appear in the loop from time to time? Or will you provide a download link (if it was recorded...)

Thanks for your continuing efford

Seze

Quote from: Plumps on December 12, 2010, 02:25:38 AM
Too bad the interview with wm.annis wasn't announced here where it belonged... :( I only heard 15 min or so... Will it appear in the loop from time to time? Or will you provide a download link (if it was recorded...)

Thanks for your continuing efford

It was recorded, and it will show up on the radio stream at some point once its edited.  Tirea's mic was cutting in and out a lot, so he is going to re-record what he said and splice that back into the interview.  If you want the raw audio session, you can download it here.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on November 21, 2010, 11:44:43 PM
Quote from: Seze on November 19, 2010, 09:41:02 PM

-Word of the day

-This week in Na'vi
A show that would discuss whats gone on in the past week.  If nothing new, just random talk about anything Na'vi related.

-Music Related

These are just a few ideas I had for some shows I would like to see on Tirea Radio.  Tirea Aean and I are pretty open to any show ideas you come up with, however we would like them to be somewhat related to Na'vi and/or Avatar.

I definitely like the last idea...hopefully Tirea will finish our version of "I See You" and put in on the radio soon ;)

As for shows, I'd LOVE to participate in a show! Having my own would be nice, but I have no idea what I'd do. It would require wayy to much planning on my part that I just don't have time for.

I totally feel the same way...

The only things I'm good at are playing tuba and cello, costuming and watching TV...

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on January 23, 2011, 12:11:05 PM
I signed up for an own show and to be more specific: I would like it to let it be interactive, just need to figure out how.
Anyone ideas? The idea is that listeners can 'call' (teamspeak/skype or so).

Toruk Makto

Crossposting is not encouraged. Especially off topic.

Thanks!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Markì on January 26, 2011, 06:07:04 PM
Crossposting is not encouraged. Especially off topic.

Thanks!
Actually I put it in that topic and then saw this one, I figured it wouldn't be bad to mention it here too.
So, sorry.

Tirea Aean

Epic Bump.

In other news:

I have a few ideas for a new Weekly Show (working title Spirit Blue Show [SBS]):

WHEN: Saturday noons US Eastern.

WHAT: Specific discussions on perhaps several-week larger topics. Mostly relevant to Avatar, derived ideologies, technologies, other random but possibly relevant ideas and thoughts.

WHERE: On Teamspeak 3:
    ts.learnnavi.org
    Tirea Radio channel

WHO: ANYONE is welcome to join the discussion

HOW: Either by connecting to TS, or by tweeting @TireaRadio OR @TireaAean

WHY: Cos we gots a palulululululukan.

Anyone up? let me know. I want to try to start this either 4 August or 11 August. i.e. Sre fwa sngap zize'

DJ Makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 28, 2012, 11:47:02 PM
Epic Bump.

In other news:

I have a few ideas for a new Weekly Show (working title Spirit Blue Show [SBS]):

WHEN: Saturday noons US Eastern.

WHAT: Specific discussions on perhaps several-week larger topics. Mostly relevant to Avatar, derived ideologies, technologies, other random but possibly relevant ideas and thoughts.

WHERE: On Teamspeak 3:
    ts.learnnavi.org
    Tirea Radio channel

WHO: ANYONE is welcome to join the discussion

HOW: Either by connecting to TS, or by tweeting @TireaRadio OR @TireaAean

WHY: Cos we gots a palulululululukan.

Anyone up? let me know. I want to try to start this either 4 August or 11 August. i.e. Sre fwa sngap zize'

This is relevant to my interests. I'll work to try to make it.

Tirea Aean

Oh and also, "SBS" WILL be recorded live and automatically podcasted.

Ohi DJ Makto! I'd love to have you on the show. Thanks for your interest!

Oh and also also,if anyone is interested, my working idea for the first couple of sessions is: "What it means to be Blue/Na'vi"

eejmensenikbenhet

I would love to join you guys sometime, however I will be on holiday from Wednesday on so I won't be joining until the 18th...
I hope I can listen to the shows when I'm in Greece though!