2011 Klingon Language Institute qepa' and Na`vi

Started by `Eylan Ayfalulukanä, August 17, 2011, 11:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I just returned from three wonderful days hanging out with some of the most advanced Klingon speakers on the planet, when they held their annual qepa' here in Reno, Nevada. I had an intense, three day introduction to the language, watched as the libretto for a all-Klingon opera was expanded and improved, participated in a lot of fun activities and ate a lot of food! As a local, I also played chauffer and general logistics person. Klingon creator Marc Okrand was there all three days, and we all had plenty of time for long conversations with Marc. A good deal of the discussions I had with those present involved comparing and contrasting Na`vi and Klingon, and looking for ways to learn from each others' best practices. In any case, it was more fun that a person ought to have a right to have...and now, 5 days of the Worldcon Science Fiction Convention! More conlang fun will come when I can spend some time with both George R.R. Martin and David Peterson, to expand my knowledge of Dothraki!

I'll post a few pictures from the qepa' when I have slkowed down after the convention!

Li'fyal hifkeyit piak seyki - qo'mey poSmoH Hol - Language opens worlds

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]