Hello Warriors - Negotiations between worlds are handled here.

Started by Txur’Itan, December 26, 2009, 04:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

We are at war with the humans, if you side with us, the battles will be glorious!
私は太った男だ。

Beduino

tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

Ptxèrra

Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Ta'em tskxe

I think this is right.

nuQ'DaQ'oH Puch'Pah'Eh.

(Where is the bathroom? ) :P
-------------------------------------
Ta'em tskxe - the 'rock from above'.
This describes my ikran flying style, it may also contain greater meaning.
Read into it what you will..

Nayumeie

Quote from: Ta'em tskxe on December 27, 2009, 09:40:35 PM
I think this is right.

nuQ'DaQ'oH Puch'Pah'Eh.

(Where is the bathroom? ) :P

You want nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'?, but that was close.

mO_Tan

OMG! THATS KLINGON!? haha, first time i see the language!
"Guys, come on. Whats wrong with this picture? Wheres my cigerette?"

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

omg! first time I saw the language! hahhaha. will this international section be used to learn Na'vi in Klingon? it'll be oddly cool. hahahha
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

txura utral

Even though I don't know a word of Klingon, the idea of having a section for learning Na'vi in Klingon is simply... AWESOME.
If this caught on it would be totally cool. It might even be useful.
Imagine this:
(for this example I will use my unnamed friend who is fluent in both klingon and arabic)
A person who is a native Arabic speaker grows up watching star-trek with arabic subtitles. He decides to learn Klingon, and since the guttural noises of Klingon are somewhat similar to sounds used in Arabic, he becomes quite fluent. Years later, the now fluent klingon speaker watches "Avatar", and is so enthralled with it that he decides to learn Na'vi. After searching the web', He is unable to find a site that teaches Na'vi in Arabic. One day, he stumbles upon this site, and sees "learn Na'vi in klingon". Now he can finally learn Na'vi!

I'll admit that this is a fairly unlikely scenario, and using my aforementioned friend is actually also fluent in English, so this part of the site probably won't see much use. Even so, I like the idea.
Na'viti ayngal nume, ayskxawng!
Learn your Na'vi, morons!

I apologize in advance for my grammar.

Ptxèrra

Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

damp

kaltxí ngaru lu fpom srak?

Maktoyu Palulukanyä

I was never fluent in Klingon, but I was very active with the Klingon Language Institute back in the early 90's.  I worked on several translation projects and such.  Maybe I will become better in Na'vi that I was in Klingon and then try to go back to my Klingon roots and relearn that language as well.

Ftiafpi

translating from one non-spoken language to another, oh boy.

Tslamyu

I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for trying every single combination of possibilities, and inventing new things to combine those old things with.

Nyx

And then there's the possibility for those of us who have never tried Klingon to get into it from Na'vi ;). I also know some Sindarin if you want to make it even more confusing.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Nyx on January 04, 2010, 01:23:26 PM
And then there's the possibility for those of us who have never tried Klingon to get into it from Na'vi ;). I also know some Sindarin if you want to make it even more confusing.

If we get an influx of Elven Kind, we may need to translate.  They are good with a bow, so I think they could help out.
私は太った男だ。

Nyx

Seze

Quote from: Nyx on January 06, 2010, 07:49:15 AM
This is gonna get ugly if everyone turns on the humans :D

Sounds like good quality entertainment.  Fan film anybody?

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Night Raider

That would be filming a 24 hour killing of humans, which is really not good.

Humans aren't that bad, we don't deserve such action.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?