16,444 Acre Pine Forest Timberland In Sonora, Mexico

Started by Tsyal Maktoyu, November 16, 2010, 05:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsyal Maktoyu

Someone on the Revolutionists just posted this. It's temperate, but still worth a look.

http://www.eaglestar.net/kng.html

According to this, it's got plenty of fish and game.

QuoteIn addition, the Bavispe National Forest also borders large portions of the property and just west of the acreage is the large General Lazaro Cardenas Lake and the Angostura Dam, providing a great place for fishing and boating.

With regard to wildlife and hunting, the property has bear, mountain lion, Coues white-tail deer, wild turkey, rabbit, quail and doves. Various streams across the property provide water, and wells may be installed in compliance with government regulations. With its variety of terrains, mountain vistas and heavy concentration of trees, this amazing property is ideal for Touristic Development, a Hunting Lodge and Retreat, a Private Forest Preserve, or any combination of these uses.

QuoteWinter temperatures get rather cold with an annual rain and snowfall total of approximately 18 inches, while summer temperatures in this part of Sonora are relatively mild.

QuotePrice:  $ 2,450,000 USD 
Parcel Size:  16444 (+/-) Acres
Special Conditions:  Priced at $2,450,000 ($149/acre). Negotiable. Accepting Offers. 

The total tax for the property is $1200/year. Do you guys think the eco-village could handle that?

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

Tonbogiri

A high price, but expected. I am not an eco-village person, so I'm not sure how the income will work. We could always just make room in the budget for ten-twenty years tax? I say "just", but I do realise the cost will be high.

Immigration for mexico, is it not that bad?

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Predict

That's the real question, what are the immigration regulations like?

Know anything more about the climate?

Tsyal Maktoyu

Details about immigration are pretty spotty, actually. The Mexican government's official website is half-working, and the only place to get any thorough information makes you pay for it. Though from what I found on the internet we could either get an FM2 (long term) or FM3 (short term) visa. Obviously we'd want FM2s, which can be renewed indefinitely. Mexico decides on whether to give people visas on a case-by-case basis, so even if we don't meet classical requirements for visas we might be able to get special treatment. There is no quantified income-requirement necessary for someone to get a visa, and there is even a special status for artists and sports players. I wonder if we can somehow exploit this, if we don't want to start a "business" to pacify the government?

One status I found interesting too was that one status of the FM2 visa was "financial dependence on a nonimmigrant." Maybe if one of us was willing to become a naturalized citizen of Mexico, or a Mexican joins the tribe, and they acted as the "breadwinner" for us with the eco-village, we could all qualify for FM2s from them.

Revolutionist

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Predict

Immigration sounds interesting. Could swing either way, we cannot assume the government will be co-operative though, letting us in isn't really in their interest (even if it's not bad).

guest2859

Well, I think this world would be better off without geographical restrictions, but anyways...

I would like the idea of the animals there, but not so much the location. It can get decently cool and I'm not a fan of pine forests.

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Mllte, I'd like to run around bare-footed. :-S I'm not doing that in a pine forest.

Tsyal Maktoyu

Yep, that would be a problem. Ouchies. :( And I just remembered I have a mild allergy to the things, too. :(

Revolutionist

guest2859

I have 4 ~25-30 foot pine trees in my front yard. I've walked on the needles, and since they land flat, it's usually not a problem. But they don't degrade that quickly, so moving them is the painful part.

Txonari

For once, I'd like to say: this will work, no problem! But, there are several I have to point out.

First of all, it's a pine forest. That could be a problem. Pine forests tend to have less burnable wood. Plus, you probably wouldn't want to go climbing those trees. Tree houses would be almost impossible (for the people that want them.) And, as pointed out before, going around barefoot would be painful and annoying.

Also, cost. I know land will never be cheap, but $2 million is still a lot. How would we reach that in 4-5 years? I guess it's possible, but very unlikely.

And finally, temperature. I originally thought we had settled for temperate/sub-tropical regions. I don't know about you guys, but one thing I'd like to get away from by joining the tribe, is cold winters. I really hate the cold. And living in it will be even more cumbersome than what we're already going to have to go through.

Sorry to have to point these things out. I hate being the negative one, here. But, location is one of the most important things we have to decide on. And we can't tread the decision lightly, or settle just because it's a large amount of land, and/or has a lot of game.
All I want is a single thing worth fighting for.