Darned immigration...

Started by Tonbogiri, November 04, 2010, 04:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

This is really turning into an annoyance - I have found absolutely no countries with less-than-unbelievably-strict laws concerning this.
Even Canada and Australia, famed for their encouragement of migrants, have nightmarish procedures...
The basic gist is that to migrate ANYWHERE you need several key skills:

A major qualification in any skill (but some countries prefer ceratin skills over others), e.g. a degree in astrophysics(!)

A stable source of income/net worth of a certain value - varies with the country

Decent fluency of the local lingo (sadly Na'Vi will get us nowhere in this respect...)

I should clarify that the above are usually needed to obtain what is known as a permanent residency visa. This is something along the lines of what we would need should we intend to stay longer than a year at a time...

But enough gloom! NExt project: Other visa plans which will help us. Will report back soon...problem is that our situation has never really been envisaged by immigration control!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Txonari

Hmm... would these immigration laws still come into effect if we were to use an otherwise uninhabited island? Not to say that that would be reasonable... but just a thought.
All I want is a single thing worth fighting for.

Tsyal Maktoyu

*sigh* More insanity from this damn society. :(

Maybe there's some loopholes we could exploit?

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

Txonari

Quote from: Tsyal Maktoyu on November 04, 2010, 07:01:14 PM
Maybe there's some loopholes we could exploit?

Maybe so, but for how long could we keep that up?

guest2859

As long as it takes to make an amendment to any constitution or government...

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Would immigration laws be able to stop us from letting our fellow tribe members come to our island?

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Mìhìl on November 07, 2010, 06:43:41 PM
Would immigration laws be able to stop us from letting our fellow tribe members come to our island?

Initial thought was yes it would but what if *hypothetical* some of the people in the tribe were to get *married* that could ease some immigration problems. Okay is a bit desperate but hey, in a pinch :3
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Txonari

Quote from: Fnua Atxkxe on November 08, 2010, 09:58:38 AM
Initial thought was yes it would but what if *hypothetical* some of the people in the tribe were to get *married* that could ease some immigration problems. Okay is a bit desperate but hey, in a pinch :3

Haha, last resort. ;D

"Sorry, immigration laws state you can't live here unless you're married to someone here."
"Uh, yeah. Well, you see, we're all married... to each other, so yeah."

Fnua Atxkxe

*scratches head* um.... we're all married to um...... Eywa? And she like... lives here..... *cue cheesy and hopeful smile*
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Nantxe'lan

wait... don't we call each other tsmukan and tsmuke respictively? brother and sister?
perhaps someone can convince his/her parents to adopt 50 more "children" so we become relatives to each other?  ;)
so only one would need to fit immigration laws and could take his/her 50 siblings along ;D

EDIT:
First it was ment as a joke but i think it could actually be the "forelast" resort. but of course not a single family adopting the whole tribe. perhaps different families adopting a bunch of tribe members or the "elder members" adopt some of the younger ones.
a huge advantage is that adoptive siblings are allowed to marry each other (atleast AFAIK)...
and it is not more stupid than to mary a local just to get a permanent residence permit/visa...  ;)
"All I ever wanted in my sorry-ass life was a single thing worth fighting for."
"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."
Atxkxe - I somehow love this word.

Oeru syaw Nantxe'lan taluna oeri txe'lan 'efu na txe'lan nantangä.
[img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/