Hawaiian Location 2

Started by Tonbogiri, July 28, 2011, 05:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

I feel like I should be way more excited than I am. Somethings wrong with me!!  :o :o

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Äteya

This is great but don't stop looking. http://forum.learnnavi.org/official-tribe-matters/funding-and-budget/
I looked at it on Google Earth and it looks like it's mostly grass.
It's also really pricey.
Just because we found a piece of land doesn't mean that that's all there is. 

Txura Rolyu

If it is grass then it will be easier to set up some sort of sutsinance farming operation. It would take much longer if we had to go through tons of trees to get a nice space to farm. Also the Na'vi live in the plains on Panodora as well as the forest. Nothing wrong with having a little bit more grass than trees.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Äteya

I was just thinking that we wanted a lot of trees.
And the ground doesn't look flat.
We need some one to go there and check it out.

Nìmwey

Quote from: Äteya on August 03, 2011, 03:01:58 PM
This is great but don't stop looking. http://forum.learnnavi.org/official-tribe-matters/funding-and-budget/
I looked at it on Google Earth and it looks like it's mostly grass.
It's also really pricey.
Just because we found a piece of land doesn't mean that that's all there is. 

I agree with you. Even though I understand why everyone is so excited, that things are actually happening, I don't feel we should decide on a location as soon as we find a thousand acres that is not insanely expensive.
How did you find it on the map BTW? :p I tried to look now but there's not a lot to go by.

And yes, if we did have the money now at least two of us would need to go there to really see all of it before there's any money involved.

Tonbogiri

If google maps is telling the truth and there are no trees, then this dear land agent has been dishonest.

We should still have a second research group looking into other locations still - preferably away from Hawaii. For it's size, it's the cheapest around per acre, and we are unlikely to find any land in those islands of the same size for less.

In terms of what we can tell about the land from these sources, google maps and the estate agent's photos, I can tell you that the land is DEFINITELY not flat. I personally did not think this a problem - the hillocks can still be used for agriculture and I am sure that there would be enough relatively flat ground to build our buildings on.

It would be sad to find out that the tree count is lower than suggested...half the property covered by trees, they said.

Ateya, one more thing - price. All land is expensive, particularly in Hawaii. That is probably, per acre, the cheapest land we have found yet - it all depends on where we are willing to compromise. Hawaii had more expensive land, but much easier legal and immigration services. Other countries, such as Argentina, had cheaper land but had more tricky legal aspects. The conundrum has kept us down for a while - all I am saying is that we have found one possible place. Not necessarily our final choice, just a pretty darn good one! ;)

Keep this up, guys - this is more activity per day than there has been since the golden age!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

ExLibrisMortis

You'll get more legitimacy if you do it somewhere with the united states.

Two cents.

'Itan Atxur

I agree. There are quite a few benefits of doing this in the US.

guest2859

??? I feel bad. I've not been doing a thing recently and all the stuff happening has not had me involved. Work's a pain, school's about to start, I need to find a college and I'm setting up future living arrangements in OKC and it's just not been friendly with me. [Realized Off-Topic]

Nìmwey

Quote from: Tonbogiri on August 03, 2011, 06:47:09 PMAteya, one more thing - price. All land is expensive, particularly in Hawaii. That is probably, per acre, the cheapest land we have found yet - it all depends on where we are willing to compromise. Hawaii had more expensive land, but much easier legal and immigration services. Other countries, such as Argentina, had cheaper land but had more tricky legal aspects.

Indeed. The land price is almost 3500 per acre, that is very expensive. When I looked for land in Mexico it was about $120-800 per acre. BTW, I don't know what troubles you have met with Argentina, but when Blue Moon looked it up earlier this year it came up that they had ridiculously simple immigration laws. Not that I want to go to Argentina anyway, just saying. ;)

I don't want to be a pessimist, but if we can't afford the land, it will never happen.

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on August 03, 2011, 08:36:41 PM
Why? ???

Tonbogiri

Heh, I'll check on Argentina again at some point.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Nargacuga667 on August 04, 2011, 12:21:50 AM
??? I feel bad. I've not been doing a thing recently and all the stuff happening has not had me involved. Work's a pain, school's about to start, I need to find a college and I'm setting up future living arrangements in OKC and it's just not been friendly with me. [Realized Off-Topic]

I'm in almost the same situation. I haven't done any actual real work for the tribe in months.

Quote from: Nìmwey on August 04, 2011, 05:05:24 AM
Quote from: Tonbogiri on August 03, 2011, 06:47:09 PMAteya, one more thing - price. All land is expensive, particularly in Hawaii. That is probably, per acre, the cheapest land we have found yet - it all depends on where we are willing to compromise. Hawaii had more expensive land, but much easier legal and immigration services. Other countries, such as Argentina, had cheaper land but had more tricky legal aspects.

Indeed. The land price is almost 3500 per acre, that is very expensive. When I looked for land in Mexico it was about $120-800 per acre. BTW, I don't know what troubles you have met with Argentina, but when Blue Moon looked it up earlier this year it came up that they had ridiculously simple immigration laws. Not that I want to go to Argentina anyway, just saying. ;)

I don't want to be a pessimist, but if we can't afford the land, it will never happen.

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on August 03, 2011, 08:36:41 PM
Why? ???

I don't think Argentina has actually been ruled out yet.

Äteya

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/HI/City/Paauilo/ListingId/16290114.html?ListingAdditionalDetail=Map
Hard to tell but if the land is a square with the marker in the middle it might be mostly grass. :(
Though does anyone see the wavy line of trees? I think it's a river.  :)
What we need is a picture that has the boundary lines so we can really see how much is forest. ??? 

Tonbogiri

Good idea. I shall give the land agent another call - this one has actually been very punctual, and gotten back to us - if anyone remembers Argentina Island, the land agent on that one still hasn;t got back to us yet.

Man, the world of real estate is tough!

guest2859

Quote from: Tonbogiri on August 04, 2011, 06:15:51 PM
Good idea. I shall give the land agent another call - this one has actually been very punctual, and gotten back to us - if anyone remembers Argentina Island, the land agent on that one still hasn;t got back to us yet.

Man, the world of real estate is tough!

Real Estate = Location, Location, Location.

Though no one would believe a bunch of ecocitizens to move out into the wilderness.

Nìmwey

Tonbogiri

French Island. That is also an excellent location, thank you for reminding me - it is cheaper, and larger. Plus, I spy mention of subsidies given by the Argentinian government to eco-friendly companies - like us!

This could certainly become location number 2, or even number 1. Can anyone find a nice easy summary of argentinian immigration laws? If they are as simple as someone said, then this could be a major shortcut and moneysaver.

Tonbogiri

PS. I looked at the images available, and contacted the land agent previously. My only concerns before (and now) were the fact that the land is very low-lying and prone to flooding, and the fact that the pictures must have been taken in winter. Only then could the trees seem that bare.

Äteya

Did you get some more pics from him?

Txura Rolyu

An island in Argentina? Hmmm, how are we going to get medical help if we cant manage to do it ourselves?
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

guest2859

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on August 07, 2011, 09:57:37 PM
An island in Argentina? Hmmm, how are we going to get medical help if we cant manage to do it ourselves?

I think the plan is that somebody was to go to medical school, and get some methods to see at which point we would have to get outside help. Then there was somebody out there with a helicopter. But that was a few months ago, and people are just cycling out, except for the committed.