Last poll about the area

Started by Swokéyan, April 07, 2010, 04:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would be the best area for our tribe?

South-America
8 (25.8%)
Asia
3 (9.7%)
British Columbia
11 (35.5%)
Somewhere else (leave vote in comments)
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

sezawte

Quote from: 'Eylan Ayikranä on April 16, 2010, 04:59:19 PM
Your joke about the polls addresses an important issue I have mentioned a few times lately (probably sounding like a broken record :)) that we can't just jump in and be as specific as one region without knowing (and I mean Knowing knowing of the without a doubt kind) broader criteria we want like climate and biome.
British Columbia is not only impractical for non-US members but seems to have (although I am no expert about Canada) quite extreme temperatures and is nowhere near sub-tropical, which is want we seem to want. Again, we want as easy a time as possible with this because no matter how easy it looks it won't be.
Personally, I don't want to be freezing to death thinking about the beautiful meditteranean island we rejected. You can probably tell I'm not fond of the cold. ;)

Agreed, I've been saying this for a while that we should research the areas before even trying to narrow it down to the continent
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Swokéyan

Heh i do like the cold, but as an area for the tribe i prefer something with a warm climate.
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

erinebergman

So, I know I am new, but I have been lurking around for a bit now.

What if instead of trying to figure out where the tribe is going to be right now, what if we nailed down the most important things needed for the tribe.

Like, 'X' amount of land.
'X' 'Y' and 'Z' animals/plants for food.
Lowest winter temp and highest summer temps.
Etc.

And once there is a set list of what is NEEDED than start pinning down areas that quallify for that list.

I deeply apologize if this has already been acomplished and I missed it
;D
RADIO AVATAR!! You know you want to click the link. It will lead to you to a place of awesomeness!: http://blog.radioavatar.com/

Ikranä mokri

we sorta touched on these things but never really discussed them. not because we didnt think of them just because if we can find a place that everyone wants that is suitable for our needs then we can work on your suggestion a lot easier cause then we will have a basic idea of what the temps are gonna be, the size of land that is purchasable and local flora and fauna.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

sezawte

Quote from: erinebergman on April 16, 2010, 07:29:04 PM
So, I know I am new, but I have been lurking around for a bit now.

What if instead of trying to figure out where the tribe is going to be right now, what if we nailed down the most important things needed for the tribe.

Like, 'X' amount of land.
'X' 'Y' and 'Z' animals/plants for food.
Lowest winter temp and highest summer temps.
Etc.

And once there is a set list of what is NEEDED than start pinning down areas that quallify for that list.

I deeply apologize if this has already been acomplished and I missed it
;D

Clever! :P first karma for you. Who wants to set up the polls for this?
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Swokéyan

Hmm i already made over 1k polls overall xD
I think someone who knows exactly what to use as poll answers should do this.
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Txon Taronyu

BC has a rainforest and deserts
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Fnua Atxkxe

Hopefully setting up that skype chat will make our location search a whole lot easier, I have some plans for future podcasts which I hope will help with the location search, I will say no more for now ;)
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^