List of possible locations! Now!

Started by Tonbogiri, January 03, 2011, 05:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

Happy new year everyone!

To kickstart the new year, I have decided to run up a quick idea - we have got a basic plan of action from the dry-run topic, now we need to find individual locations to apply this to.
So! Post your location ideas below.

try and make the post somewhat organised - try and have a little info about where you have found!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Tonbogiri

I'll start off with an EXCELLENT find:

Land area: 326 acre (326! Yikes!)
Price: only 349,000 aus dollars!
Address: Level 1/112 Charlotte Street
Cooktown 4895 (not that the google maps are ever accurate for these sorts of things..)

Untouched bush country! Just what we want. Am currently contacting to find flora/fauna details...

hemmond

I'm looking forward your finds. :) and... By the way: can you post a google maps link to the location? I'm curious about that.
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Tonbogiri

Google maps reveals...

Lot 4, Wilton Access Road, Cooktown, Australia.
ENormous amount of land (326 acres), but not sure about plants and animals in the area. Price is really excellent, less than half a million Aus Dollars, so may be snapped up pretty quickly...
In North-east Australia (possible temperature risk and drought).
Untouched bushland, miles from anywhere - just what we are after.
Australian immigration seemed to be really tricky...but having such a cheap land choice will leave more room in budget for immigration consultancy.

Put the address into google maps - seems okay, a little barren maybe.

Txura Rolyu

Having a REALLY barren area like the bush of Aus is not a great idea. It would be scarce to come across food and our plan might not last long if we cant survive.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

guest2859

The street view makes it look very promising, but the only thing is we don't know what/if wildlife exists there.

Txep'lerìk

I would like to suggest Chile...I'm not sure about a determinate spot or a price whatsoever but I'm informed (since I'm chilean) that in south, a lot of places are available (with awesome forests). I know that you are thinking more of a tropical weather (if I'm wrong please correct me). This is a mediterranean weather though, but pretty much free of diseases and awful poisonous animals. Let me know what do you think  :) meanwhile i'll look for pictures...

guest2859

Quote from: AynZat Zrina on February 08, 2011, 07:23:15 PM
I would like to suggest Chile...I'm not sure about a determinate spot or a price whatsoever but I'm informed (since I'm chilean) that in south, a lot of places are available (with awesome forests). I know that you are thinking more of a tropical weather (if I'm wrong please correct me). This is a mediterranean weather though, but pretty much free of diseases and awful poisonous animals. Let me know what do you think  :) meanwhile i'll look for pictures...

Hm, we brought up Chile before. TBH, I don't remember if we ruled it out or just had another awkward group hiatus and forgot. But, for all we know, places can change over time. I'll look it over if we're snowed in tomorrow.

Txep'lerìk

'Itan Atxur

There are so many "location" topics now, I don't know where to start (well, REstart). Where are we looking at now? Or are we back to square one?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tonbogiri

Ahem...could be. I think we need to have a brief summary of all the location research we have done in an easy to reach location...I know, I'll put one on the website!

'Itan Atxur

Excellent idea! Sounds like the website is a good place to put what we have and show where we're trying to go, then we do the discussions and research here.

Tonbogiri

Hey everyone, quick question!

I am about to engage in massive location research again. Before I do, however, I wish to know what size land we would need.

It was originally predicted anywhere between 80-120 acres would be enough. But, reports from other wilderness organisations have suggested that more than 300 acres minimum is needed!

Obviously this has an effect on what land agents I contact, so does anyone have a second opinion?

Key'ìl Nekxetse

Talking to Aurora in IRC, we think over 600 acres per person for surviving on gathered resources only! If we want to survive on a smaller area we'll need some sort of agriculture, eg permaculture.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Tonbogiri

Hmm. 7200 acres? If we purchased through some sort of farming or national park company, this may not seem so unfeasible after all...

But even so, it is a lot!

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, I've been thinking we may need to do some small scale farming to keep those #'s down. Been trying to do some hardcore research myself, but it's tough to find anything decent.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I've read about permaculture, which seems a sensible move, but I don't know much about how to set it up or the output from it.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

'Itan Atxur

I'll look into it as soon as I can as well