Location Research - Oceania

Started by Swokéyan, April 06, 2010, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swokéyan

Things changed! Please give us your vote @ this poll!
Info about Oceania can still be submitted here but in meanwhile we also consider choosing some other area..

Kaltxì ma frapo!
After going through a lot of polls about climate, areas and locations i think we are very close to our final step; research.
Out of all the polls Txon Taronyu made, the following ansers came out:

What general type of Biome do you want - Forest (22 of 32 votes - 38%)
What climate would you like? - Tropical wet and dry (26 of 45 votes - 24%)
Which continent - Oceania (12 of 24 votes - 50%)

Though some have a bit too little votes.. i dont think this will change at all, but if it does we can always make another thread like this.
I dont know if everyone agrees with this decision and/or this thread, but i think its time to finally continue making some progress in the tribe, if there's someone with a better idea, feel free to share it!
Anyway... before we leave (which wont be in the next 5 years i think, because many members first would prefer to do alot of preparations IRL, and many of us first want to get older before we start doing this :P)
During our researching process the following things must be done:

- Finding a good area for our Eco-village / tribe, which we could just merge into one, right?
- Try to find anything, like information about the soil.
- Try to discover things about the climate at that spot.
- Researching the Flora, for additional resources.
- Researching the Fauna, what will be our hunting species and what would be the type of animal we would like to avoid?
- Get to know things about the fruit and vegetables that may possibly grow there (kinda part of the Flora)
- Is there a stream nearby, or are we close to the coast where we can get water from (fresh water preffered)
- Are there any kind of diseases or bugs that we should be aware of?
- I will think of more soon!

Ideas & Information

Some pictures of the tropical (rain)forests in Oceania:

Here's a pretty good map of Oceania, so you kinda get the idea of where we are going. And yes Oceania is indeed the area of Australia and also the small islands around it.
Ok just click the link here, its annoying to view such a big map on this tiny page :P
http://www.nationsonline.org/maps/oceania_map.jpg
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

bagget00

Well I think you summed it up pretty good. unfortunately, I can't seem to load the picture.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Swokéyan

And i have added a link, might be better?
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

sezawte

This is a fantastic start!!! Karma for you sir!!!  ;D
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Swokéyan

Lurkin' the forums

Nanaki

Quote from: sezawte on April 06, 2010, 02:40:00 PM
This is a fantastic start!!! Karma for you sir!!!  ;D

Agreed, Irayo for doing this, amazing new thread spawned :D
Now, Research is here ! ;D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Swokéyan

Thank you ;D
I hope we can start this project soon when the tribe gets a little more active again, probably after the easter holidays :)
Lurkin' the forums

Nanaki

I'm in holidays in 3 days but I'll be active (more than ever :D)
And ... we are going in offtopic so back on topic ! :P

The map of Oceania is really nice, I'll look it tomorrow ;)

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...

Txon Taronyu

I like Ociana but...

well you can see it in 3 areas all with very big problems
Area 1. Papua New Guinie/ Inonesia
problems
-one of the most dangerous jungles to survive in
-annoingly thick jungle (like you need to cut you way through it)
-bad governments
-some cannibles (no joke)
-not many mammels

Area 2. Australia/New Zealand
problems
-lots of deserts
-most forest/jungle in National parks
-lots of citys and people in good areas

Area 3. Islands
-most are full
-really expensive
-most do not have many animals
-EXPENSIVE$$$ (bilionares only sorta thing)
-most are remote

so I personaly do not think Ociana is a good option but it seems to be the public opinion so if it must be I will go with it
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Swokéyan

Hmm not sure but what would be better...?
Lurkin' the forums

Txon Taronyu

I think we should go somewhere more temperate like British Colomiea or Asia or south amarica
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Swokéyan

Well... would it be better if we completely researched every area that seems okay for this?
We have got lots of time anyway.
Lurkin' the forums

Txon Taronyu

I think it would be best to reaserch every region good for this and yes we do have lots of time

I think if we go to Ociana, the Amazon, or Africa we many of us will get killed (just what I think)

just remeber safety first (yes I know this is dangerous any way we do it but we should not take unecessary risks)

Swokéyan

Lurkin' the forums

Txon Taronyu

Where do you think we should go

Swokéyan

Hmm not entirely sure...
South-America is also not completely safe.
I think Asia would be the best if we really have to choose.
Lurkin' the forums

Nanaki

Quote from: Swokéyan on April 07, 2010, 02:52:33 PM
Hmm not entirely sure...
South-America is also not completely safe.
I think Asia would be the best if we really have to choose.

I think too.

Irayo ma Txon Taronyu, for doing the post about oceania's problem ;)

Swokéyan

Alright... i guess i will make another poll.
Lurkin' the forums

sezawte

Most of the points made against New Zealand/Australia only apply to Australia and even then their validity is questionnable. Oceania is perhaps not the perfect location but it's a whole lot better than the majority of other places we could go
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

guest2859

I love those pictures. But I'll be doing some research.