Tribe (This forum is retired. All topics are read-only.) > Location Discussion

Location idea : French Guiana

(1/4) > >>

Tsmuktengan:
Hello!

I have been monitoring these topics since some time now.

A few days ago, while reading the topics about the suggested locations, it came to my mind one potential land did not come in anyone's mind apparently. I thought you would be interested. I am suggesting here the French Guiana territories.

--- Quote from: Wikipedia ---French Guiana (French: Guyane française, French pronunciation: [ɡɥijan fʁɑ̃sɛz]; officially just Guyane) is an overseas region of France, consisting of a single overseas department located on the northern Atlantic coast of South America. It has borders with two nations, Brazil to the east and south, and Suriname to the west. Its 83,534 km² have a very low population density of less than three inhabitants per km², with almost half of its 229,000 people in 2009 living in the urban area of Cayenne, its capital.

More interesting information : https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/French_Guiana
--- End quote ---

The Amazon Rainforest covers almost all parts of this territory, with a very diverse and abundant vegetation and fauna. This part of the Amazon rainforest is among the most protected areas of the continent, with established natural reserves, numerous ecological and scientific projects and studies, and several native tribes populating various areas of land they own. Guiana has the particularity of not having very much mountains. It however has a lot of hills of various sizes and a lot of rivers. There are at least 5 mountains there.  

I have quickly searched Google on several websites about the French Amazonia, and it seems to be very easy to access, pretty much safe and with several 'known' areas that are beautiful. Guiana is known by French people to be home of several tours orientated towards biodiversity and life in the forest. The local nature seems to be appropriate for a living while being one of the best preserved natural land remaining in our world. There are some French people from the cities that had the project to give up their city life to live in the forest. There are apparently many possibilities, include buying a piece of land (respecting the locally enforced  environmental laws, shouldn't be difficult though) and finding a job related to the forest to save some money. Public infrastructures, including health services should be as good as in France as well.

There may be some downsides though. Aside the fact the currency is the euro, Guiana is heavily dependent on France, meaning that products are often imported from there, increasing the cost of life. Also, the military forces monitor what is happening in the forest to track illegal gold miners and potentials traffics between Brazil and Surinam. Be sure to know what legal procedures you have to complete to get permission to stay inside the forest for long periods and avoid little bad surprises and delays.

I would personally like to go there one day, having already been several times to Brazil. I also though the places there could be less generally crowded than Hawaii, that one being much more known and touristic. This is why I suggest this to you, even though I do not know much more.

Here are nice photographies I have been able to search randomly on the web about Amazon rainforest in Guiana. I hope this can help you or, at least, was interesting.  :)

Spoiler  

NB : Despite being attracted and interested in this project, I sadly cannot join in at all, except if such a thing can be done on a very short period of time (this is what we manage to do sometimes in France). But keep it up! I really find this great and think this can be a great experience!

Tonbogiri:
Our thanks, Tsmuktengan!

The French Guiana territories - I was aware of their general existence, but had never considered an investigation into them as a feasible location. Time to check up on available land properties!

Tsmuktengan:
I would be interested what are your queries to know how are the lands over there.

Just ask if I can be of any help. I'd be delighted to help to this project that requires both time and a lot of organization.

It seems activity has gone a little lower. Don't get discouraged by time, this is a fabulous experience I would like to live if I am able to.  :)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng:
does somebody know the immigration law for France?

Tsmuktengan:

--- Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on September 17, 2011, 03:14:20 pm ---does somebody know the immigration law for France?

--- End quote ---

This page should partly answer your question : Formalities - Tourisme Guyane

For people outside the European Union, the legal info is there (following what is said on the above link) : Information for foreign nationals with ordinary passports - France Diplomacie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version