New location!

Started by Tonbogiri, December 28, 2010, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navi

Quote from: Nantxe'lan on January 10, 2011, 04:53:12 PM
Quote from: Navi on January 10, 2011, 10:54:48 AM
http://www.costa-rica-immobilien.com/immobilien-angebote/229-1-83-213/index.html

it's expensive but it's probably the best choice because it's surrounded from national parks and away from tourism, it was a tropical station but now it's a "normal" house with many rooms and bungalows and it's far away from civilisation (8000 meters)

it actually has some huge advantages, the allready set up buildings for example.
and i really hate to be again the one with the bad news but it apears to be ment as a vacation destination. buy it and rent the bungalows.

- the buildings have ceiling fans and toilets/bathrooms, so there must be a connection to the local energy grid and sewer system

- there is a restaurant at the settlement, so there are allways some "outsiders" around and i guess there's some kind of lease contract which could make it difficult to get rid of them. or the purchase agreement might even include to use the area in a way the restaurant still gets some customers to serve...

- not sure about this, but this area used to be part of a national park so it might be still under conservation. hunting and fishing as well as agriculture could become dificult.

the restaurant is a part of the station, it was the same as "La Gamba" search for it and you know why there are bungalows and a resaturant and so on i think there aren't "outsiders" now and there is no contract or something like that

and i'm not a friend of brazil because there a too many companies who want to build mines (for example) and immigration in brazil is not easy, to buy your own land is difficult too

Swokéyan

Oh poor guys, finding a decent location is hard eh?
I hope you're all doing well.
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Navi

http://www.internationaleimmobilien.de/include/immobilien_12312_3599.html

i translate the important things :)

Land: Ecuador (Napo) (Country: Ecuador (Napo))
Art des Grundstückes: Primärregenwald (Kind of plot: primary rainforest)
Preis: 240000 EUR (Price: 313440 USD)
Immobilienfläche: 250 qm (living area:299 sq yd) (only Cabanas)
Grundstück: 1870000 qm (plot area: 462.09 acre)
Räume: 6 (rooms:6)

It's 4 hours ( by car ) away from the capital city

what do you think about it?

we need 1500-2200 USD per head for immigration

Tonbogiri

A round of applause for Navi! (and the Na'Vi in general, of course)

Looks like a fantastic place on paper. We now need to see if we can get images of the place - unfortunately none are provided in the website. Then, find out weather, flora and fauna, and recheck immigration - this seems a great place at a relatively low cost!

Time to get to work...

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Navi

maybe we should look in brazil too, because the law there is very good for us and amazon-land is very cheap but i haven't found a site to buy land yet.

Hunting and Fishing Law in Brazil:

http://saopaulo.angloinfo.com/information/68/fishing.asp

i'm looking for the law of immigration and to get a tax-ID

http://www.rechtsanwalt-brasilien.de/ingles/activity_area

i'll ask the austrian tropical stations again they sent me the links maybe they can help us more :)

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

Brazil sounds like a nice plan, ma Navi; however, I looked into photos of Napo:

it looks beautiful there!  :D
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

My question is, what are their Seasons like?
Whats the coldest part of the year, and how cold does it get?

Cold is a huge issue for me lol, I absolutely despise cold weather, I hate it with the utmost intensity..  ;D

NotW#82

aw  :( it does get cold, ma Na'vin.

would you like us to choose a different location? as Navi said, Brazil is a good place for us since the hunting/fishing laws will allow us to do so, and Brazil is under the equator so it is mostly warm there :]

Key'ìl Nekxetse

But gives large problems with immigration, disease and interference from development.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Eywayä lì'u

yes, the amazon is one of the most difficult places (or at least the most uncomfortable) for us, even if it does seem ideal. I'm sure the novelty would wear off soon after the many bites, stings and constantly being wet from the rain :(
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Navi

Quote from: Key'ìl Nekxetse on February 16, 2011, 10:07:23 AM
But gives large problems with immigration

i disagree, immigrate to ecuador is very easy :)

we all know it's not easy to survive in a rainforest and some of us will probably die, we all know it ( i hope that everyone of us know it)

i found another possible location in brazil :)

http://www.efg-immo.com/portal/objekt.6623.int.html?wkz=EUR

this one is cheaper than the other one :)

200 km away from the Manaus ( the next city with 10000 people )

maybe this one is better than the other land in ecuador, but i think we should go by plane to both of them to see which is the better one for us

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Navi on February 16, 2011, 12:25:36 PM
Quote from: Key'ìl Nekxetse on February 16, 2011, 10:07:23 AM
But gives large problems with immigration

i disagree, immigrate to ecuador is very easy :)

we all know it's not easy to survive in a rainforest and some of us will probably die, we all know it ( i hope that everyone of us know it)

i found another possible location in brazil :)

http://www.efg-immo.com/portal/objekt.6623.int.html?wkz=EUR

this one is cheaper than the other one :)

200 km away from the Manaus ( the next city with 10000 people )

maybe this one is better than the other land in ecuador, but i think we should go by plane to both of them to see which is the better one for us

yes definitely, they both seem like prime locations not too far from civilisation :D

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

It's time for a reality check.
We can't survive in the rainforest. It's too hard. I want to make sure we're not considering trying.
Still, finding new options for areas we could use is great! ;D
~$ life --help

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Quote from: Key'ìl Nekxetse on February 16, 2011, 03:38:38 PM
We can't survive in the rainforest. It's too hard. I want to make sure we're not considering trying.

To be frank, we stand a better chance surviving in a rainforest than in a more arid location...(desert/dry area)
In rainforests because of all the rain, its hard for other animals to track, or smell us, thats an advantage.
Not to mention a constant source of CLEAN water. No matter where your location..
It is true that rainforest harbor many more dangerous creatures than any other type of place, but if you learn to live with and around them, there wont be any problems.
There are always steps to keeping an area clear of all types of creatures, big and small...

I can see many of you are very aware of all the dangers, but mind you, that anywhere we choose will have an abundance of danger.
Every place is different, its what we as people have a knack for, and that adapting.
We can adapt better than any other creature on the planet, that is why we are dominant..

Dont lose face or hope, a rainforest is actually my #1 choice of all others. Because there are so many advantages, but coincide with dangers.

NotW#82

Navi

Quote from: Na'vin on February 16, 2011, 09:09:18 PM

To be frank, we stand a better chance surviving in a rainforest than in a more arid location...(desert/dry area)
In rainforests because of all the rain, its hard for other animals to track, or smell us, thats an advantage.
Not to mention a constant source of CLEAN water. No matter where your location..
It is true that rainforest harbor many more dangerous creatures than any other type of place, but if you learn to live with and around them, there wont be any problems.
There are always steps to keeping an area clear of all types of creatures, big and small...

I can see many of you are very aware of all the dangers, but mind you, that anywhere we choose will have an abundance of danger.
Every place is different, its what we as people have a knack for, and that adapting.
We can adapt better than any other creature on the planet, that is why we are dominant..

Dont lose face or hope, a rainforest is actually my #1 choice of all others. Because there are so many advantages, but coincide with dangers.

i agree with this post, because everyone of us have to pass not less than 2-4 survival trainings about 2 weeks in the rainforest or other locations which is like ours.

for example i want to join a survival training in the amazon rainforest for 2 weeks this year (even when the tribe will be discarded but such things are always worth)

and we have to pass a hard physical training and much to learn about the flora and fauna around our location. it's very hard to survive but it's possible and easier than many other locations.

every location is dangerous but our chance to survive in the rainforest is bigger than in a desert or in an arctic habitat because we have fruits and vegatables, wildlife for hunting and clear water.

m
Quote from: Na'vin on February 16, 2011, 09:09:18 PM

mllte. :D

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I disagree.
There are so many unpleasant things in the rainforest:
spiders,
snakes,
plants,
bad weather,
fungi,
disease,
lack of land to use,
no access in case of emergency.
It brings a huge amount of unnecessary danger. Rainforest can be one of the most difficult and unpleasant places to survive on the planet, let alone live in.
Everything gets wet, and stays wet. This means fungal infections all round, wet clothes, and never being comfortable.
Your run the constant threat of being bitten by a deadly animal, in which case you're a gonner, that's it.
Where are you suggesting getting clean water from?! You can't collect rain because of the leaves. The main options are rivers (which have their own problems), vines (which isn't sustainable) or bamboo (also not sustainable).
Finding an open area to build on would be a major problem.
Stored food will quickly rot, leaving problems if there is ever a shortage.
Oh, and the parasites. :-X
Temperate forest may be colder, but there are many less nasty animals and plants. Water is still reliant on rivers/streams and spring, but there are less likely to be parasites in them. There is less food, but still a good deal. There is a much more comfortable climate (most of the year). Animals can be tracked more easily. Getting in and out is easier.
Sorry to rant and be negative, but I don't think you know what you're talking about! Please prove me wrong! ;)
Oh, Navi, I hope you do that course, I expect it'll be really interesting. 8)
~$ life --help

Navi

Quote from: Key'ìl Nekxetse on February 17, 2011, 11:12:07 AM
I disagree.
There are so many unpleasant things in the rainforest:
spiders,
snakes,
plants,
bad weather,
fungi,
disease,
lack of land to use,
no access in case of emergency.

Sorry to rant and be negative, but I don't think you know what you're talking about! Please prove me wrong! ;)
Oh, Navi, I hope you do that course, I expect it'll be really interesting. 8)

sorry but i don't think YOU know what you're talking about, we have the same problems in every other place

every disease can be deadly, EVERY
do you think that a flu cannot be deadly?
in the rainforest are less disease as you think or the other habitats have more disease as you think
and many of the snakes and spider aren't deadly for humans, many of them are only like a bee  ( and the animals doesn't wait behind every leaf to kill humans )
was you anytime in a rainforest? because you talk pretty much badly about it but you don't know how dangerous the other locations are.
we have the biggest chance to survive in a rainforest, i think and i want that you post your mind with reliable arguments.
i know this post sounds rude but i want you know how dangerous the other locations are and then you'll agree the rainforest i think.

i want to see your arguments in the next post and then i'll try to translate my arguments into english understandable

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I may well be wrong. I'm basing what I say on articles I've read in various places, books on survival, programs from television, some general knowledge, common sense and what I've heard other people say.

"every disease can be deadly, EVERY"
True, but some are guaranteed to kill you. It's generally less likely with flu. After-all (I heard) four people are killed by trousers every year! ;)
"in the rainforest are less disease"
Erm, I'm not sure. I doubt it. But there are plenty of nasty things in other places. Lyme for instance (in Europe and the U.S).
"many of the snakes and spider aren't deadly for humans"
Probably, but I expect it's enough to stop you doing work you need to do for a bit, in a lot of cases. Note that there are no deadly snakes or spiders in Britain and some other northern countries.
"was you anytime in a rainforest?"
I'm afraid not. I'm relying on other peoples information.
"you don't know how dangerous the other locations are"
Maybe, but I hope I do to some extent.
Britain: very little danger, small chance of lyme, diseases are often carried by running water, poisonous plants/fungi, heavy metal poisoning, cold/heat, humans.
Canada: some danger, lyme, diseases in water, poisonous plants/fungi, poisonous spiders (I think, not sure), large animals (wolves, bears), heavy metal poisoning, cold, humans.
Brazil: lots of danger, a variety of parasites, diseases in water, poisonous plants/fungi/animals, large animals (not sure), heat, heavy metal poisoning, lack of health services in emergencies, humans.
Keep in mind that nature is driven by evolution. In a situation with high competition (like the rainforest), animals and plants need more defences to survive. Thus, there are more dangerous animals and plants. There are also more of them, aswell as helpful plants and animals. In a temperate area there should be less competition, so less dangerous animals and plants. It also means less food, but humans can still live there.

I hope you can understand both my concerns and my English! Being a born English speaker, I find it hard to make my language easier to understand.
I'll be interested to see what your response is :)
~$ life --help

Eywayä lì'u

I don't really want this to become some kind of heated debate, but  Key'il is correct in saying that temperate locations are less hazardous than rainforests. Of course there are going to be issues anywhere we go, but due to the high concentration of living organisms in the rainforest it is much more difficult to compete and stay alive. A temperate location is much safer, although food is much more scarce.