perfect locations, perfect price

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, April 03, 2011, 07:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Geraldo Island could also be a good place.

not so very far from that Island is an airport where you can get flight connections almost around the world
it is a great number of species, even turtles who laying eggs in October every years
water can you get from abundance from Amazon wells who are 0.5 metres under the surface, and a good place to supply water
Electricity is very easy(If we need it), just set up windmills, it is enough wind there to get it.
temperature is very good, 30 degrees celsius on day the whole year, and 24 degrees on the nights.
Humidity is 90%

Is this a good place? Yes or no?

Tonbogiri

The problem with Geraldo island was the fact that it is owned by a country which has very tricky immigration laws. As we have been shown, our situation has not been factored into any border control regulations, and we would need a dedicated immigration firm to help us get in.

I forget - how large is Geraldo again? We have done a lot of research on this in the past, and even used Geraldo as our case study in the dry run.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Geraldo Island is 11 km2.
so Brazil is not a good country to immigrate to
what about Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand or Hawaii?

Nìmwey

I read something about Geraldo (on this forum), that it is only five meters above sea level. Not very good if the sea rises. :(
We are currently researching Argentina and Chile on the Revolutionists, you can look them up here: http://forest-living.org/wiki/index.php/Argentina
http://forest-living.org/wiki/index.php/Chile

'Itan Atxur

I've been doing a small amount of research on Argentina as of late. Nothing worth reporting on yet, but it seems like there are some decent options there.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nantxe'lan

geraldo has been allready discussed here. and IIRC it has been rejected for several reasons (correct me if i'm wrong).
despite the fact that migrating to brazil is quite tricky, home schooling is prohibited in brazil.
not yet a problem, but if we manage to keep this up for  fursther generations, it could actually be a big problem. at least a logistic problem.
despite that: geraldo island is under preservation. therefore it could be difficult to establish a settlement there, not to speak of not being allowed to hunt.
"All I ever wanted in my sorry-ass life was a single thing worth fighting for."
"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."
Atxkxe - I somehow love this word.

Oeru syaw Nantxe'lan taluna oeri txe'lan 'efu na txe'lan nantangä.
[img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/

Tonbogiri

Ah yes, I remember.

Man, this is tricky! Hawaii does have fairly manageable hunting laws (apart from having to wear a regulatory bright orange vest!!), and there are quite a few migration companies available.
However, I have been talking to a land agent for one of the islands there, and the biggest problem for us seems to be land size. There are very few properties larger than 100 acres that are not simple housing estates.

I don't know - would we be able to purchase an empty property that is "ideal for housing", and simply not build on it?

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

'Itan Atxur

It depends on what the land offers really, but I wouldn't be surprised if we could. I definitely don't think they'd MAKE us build houses, lol. But theres still the huge issue of land size. Can Hawaii really offer us what we need?

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE