Summarizing and retaining the few possible locations

Started by Tsmuktengan, October 22, 2011, 07:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmuktengan

Hello everyone,

I open this topic to revive and call to move on to ensure this project advances.

There has been a lot of discussion about what kind of place could be could for a very-close-to-nature community lifestyle. Several places have been debated in many topics, and information have been gathered in several places.

I think it is time to list what places can be retained, and regroup all the information we have (and see what is missing). This will give a good overview of where we are.

Listing of possible places by countries :

Argentine Republic
???

Commonwealth of Australia
???

French Republic (European Union)

United States of America

I guess there are many information and data missing. This is why I can (or a moderator as well) edit this first post to add/modify information.

Please add your impressions, what you would like to know or simply the information that should be added up here.

Once we have gathered more information here, then we can start looking at even more important stuff such as price, but also what are the local resources for our simple survival, and what kind of lifestyle can fit the locations that tend to be the closer to ideal.

I am awaiting your help. I have to admit that I get lost in all the topics here.  :)

Changelog :
31/10/2011 : Added Hawaii immigration law information.

'Itan Atxur

Definitely keep the ideas and research coming. It's too late at night right now for me to read all of your post, but I shall do so tomorrow.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsmuktengan

Well, with so few replies, I am really starting to get worried and a bit sad about this project. I would have hoped to restore and bring motivation and energy into Project Tribal. Seems like my attempts aren't bringing anything, although I am doing my best.  :'(

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

QuoteMauna Kea; Immigration laws

doesn't have Hawaii the same immigration laws as USA? The mainland?

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 31, 2011, 11:21:27 AM
QuoteMauna Kea; Immigration laws

doesn't have Hawaii the same immigration laws as USA? The mainland?

Yes, and on another note, I'm still heading there in less than 2 weeks. So I can walk the land for ya'll and take pictures and what not. Ya'll just need to set up the appointment, if needed, for me to do that.

Tsmuktengan

Changes done.

ExLibrisMortis, what extra information do you need if you would like to have a tour at Mauna Kea?

ExLibrisMortis

Actuall address would be nice, and then I don't know if you need to, but probably setting up an appointment with the owning company/party so that an agent will be there is nice. Make sure they know that I am just a third party assisting you guys with videos and images, not an interested buyer. Other than that if there is anything specific you'd like me to keep an eye out for, that'd be useful info too.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on November 01, 2011, 01:29:01 AM
Actuall address would be nice, and then I don't know if you need to, but probably setting up an appointment with the owning company/party so that an agent will be there is nice. Make sure they know that I am just a third party assisting you guys with videos and images, not an interested buyer. Other than that if there is anything specific you'd like me to keep an eye out for, that'd be useful info too.

I think it is this adress

adress:HI 96776

one of the pictures, I think it is inside Mauna Kea ranch:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/45954864

nearest place is Paauilo, population is on 571

closest airport is Waimea-Kohala Airport, or Kamuela Airport(MUE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waimea-Kohala_Airport

distance from Waimea-Kohala airport to Pauulio is 22.7 miles(36.53 km), and it takes 34 minutes to drive

ExLibrisMortis

Information such as that is unnecessary. Nothing more than a simple street address or crossroads is needed. You're help is appreciated though.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

ExLibrisMortis

That's the state and zip code. American address system usually goes:

Street
City, State, Zipcode

Example:

1234 Lollipop Lane
Candytown, California 42325

Vakari

I have hope with Hawaii, since the hunting laws are pretty good. If only it weren't so hard to afford travel for some of us!
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!
old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Vakari on November 04, 2011, 12:41:24 AM
I have hope with Hawaii, since the hunting laws are pretty good. If only it weren't so hard to afford travel for some of us!

Not only the travel is difficult to afford. The cost of land is also an issue among others. Yet both should not be unsolvable as we continue to search.

Vakari

True, and some areas are still public, like areas of Kauai. Things will work out, it just takes time. We all know that this can't be rushed.
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!
old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Tsmuktengan

I have looked about French Polynesia, since there are islands that can be bought. However, the place is apparentlty so valuable that prices may be high.

I have started to look about this. If you are interested, you can help me searching in these territories. It is said that the environment there is outstanding, from what I've heard. It is not that far from Hawaii compared to other territories.

ExLibrisMortis

So I leave on Saturday. Up to yall if you still wnat me to check the place out in Hawaii. Hit me up with a PM or something.

Tsmuktengan

The only address I have been able to find is in the following link : http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/HI/City/Paauilo/ListingId/16290114.html?ListingAdditionalDetail=Map

Is this the only possible location found in Hawaii by the way, among all the research done?

ExLibrisMortis

I'm pretty sure I can find it based of that, but normally, at least here in the US, when someone comes to look at a property that is up for sale an appointment needs to be made with the realty agency/agent.

Nìmwey

I don't think that much research has been made in finding land in Hawaii. It was basically so that I began talking about Hawaii, someone (might have been me, don't remember ::)) posted a site with a few locations, and immediately this plot was brought up, and there wasn't much talk about anything else after that.
But the truth is that land price in Hawaii seem to be ridiculously high, and this, at almost $3500 per acre, is actually quite cheap for Hawaii.