The walls that stand in our way

Started by Tonbogiri, January 14, 2011, 04:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

We have finally begun serious research into individual locations. It is tricky, and slow work, but we are getting there.

So what is it that we need to conquer? What are we looking for?

A country that will let us in. We cannot start this tribe if we are not allowed into the country! Permanent/Semi permanent residency is what we need.

Favourable climate. Deserts? Arctic Tundra? I think not. Somewhere that is habitable all year round - equatorial regions are best, as there is little variation during seasons. At the same time, beware hurricanes or tropical storms! It rains more than you'd think in the rainforest.

Decent amount of land. We need enough to live, roam, and find our next meal - be they fruits, berries or bunnies. Current estimates seem to show 80-90 acres minimum.

Ideal plant and animal life. The most delicate - and it needs to be perfect. We need food (plant and animals), and enough so that we do not over consume and wipe out any sources we have. We need the right plant life for basic buildings - even fallen dried wood can suffice!

Survival amenities. We need water, and unfortunately we need communications with the outside world. We can manage the second with installation of satellite phones etc, but the water thing we have to find naturally. As well as this, our "distance from civilisation" will be limited by the fact that emergency services are still required by us. Natural remedies can take you so far, but the inevitable severed limb cannot be fixed by us.

Heh, assuming that ALL of the above are fulfilled, then we need to get started on fundraising. Then, we take the path we found in the dry run - a hard copy of this plan is currently being prepared for finalisation.

We can only get through this together! Don't give up the dream!
Tonbogiri

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Im not sure if I missed the memo, but was Hawaii ruled out?  :-\

NotW#82

Tonbogiri

Not exactly. We did carry out weather research - the hawaiian location chosen suffered from flooding a great deal. Plus, it was on the unsheltered side of the island - so more violent storms. Hawaii is still up - I am now looking for a different hawaiian location, though.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

NotW#82

Uriuujìn

Spoken in plain, simple terms-I like it ^_^

Gaia guide us

-Uriuujìn
All of existence is based on the balance of energy, the exchange of good and evil, light and dark, life and death. The earth goddess teaches us that the latter balance is the most important. She takes no sides, but loves all life.
Without balance, Existence would crumble, and cease to be.
-Uriuujìn