TRIBAL RESEARCH - Geraldo Island

Started by Tonbogiri, September 11, 2010, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

A good idea. One thing we do need to have when talking to immigration is a focused plan of what we are doing.

I suppose a bit of moneywise thinking wouldn't go astray either...

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Teylar ateyo woritan

I do agree before we do go and try to talk to the embassy we do need a definitive plan and some hard facts like number of people, our location , how much money we will have with us, what reason we have for emigrating, what contributions can we make, local contacts etc

If we do talk to the embassy they could probably find a way to permit us to emigrate.

If that fails start a war on brazil and fight for the independence of Geraldo island
to live like a na'vi is to live in peace and in balance with nature

Predict

Quote from: Teylar ateyo woritan on September 14, 2010, 12:20:28 PM
If that fails start a war on brazil and fight for the independence of Geraldo island

I like this. The Brazilian government needs a bit of knocking about.

Don't worry about money yet. If there's even 10 of us it will dramatically reduce the individual cost.

I volunteer to be abused by the embassy.

Teylar ateyo woritan

Well yeh if you want to talk to the embassy u can but we would definitely have to get some figures on what we are doing
And if there was any back route Which there often is with developing countries I do think we should buy Geraldo because the only major problem is immigration

Predict

I'm sure a sufficient 'donation' would be enough to gain citizenship almost anywhere, we don't have the funds for that though.

Tsyal Maktoyu

Quote from: 'Eylan Ayikranä on September 16, 2010, 09:15:22 AM
I'm sure a sufficient 'donation' would be enough to gain citizenship almost anywhere, we don't have the funds for that though.
Yeah. I'm sure Brazilian politicians are about as crooked as a dog's hind leg (like pretty much everywhere else in the world), and I'm not sure we'd have enough grease for them squeaky wheels, if you catch my drift. ;)

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

Teylar ateyo woritan

Would you lot agree in the opinion that Geraldo island minus the immigration part is perfect for us

Predict

I certainly would take the risk. There are many limitations but I feel they are acceptable.

Teylar ateyo woritan

I think we should have a poll on if we should try and work towards getting Geraldo

'Itan Atxur

Therea still the issue of immigration to solve. I'd love to commit to working towards this place but it'd all be for nothing if we can't get past immigration.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Esmond

Okay, if I'm not mistaken here, Geraldo is absolutely perfect except for one thing, immigration right?

Have we other options to add into the list?

Right now I think there's a slim chance that we'll find somewhere that will pose no difficulty to us. So perhaps if we added other options into the basket, we could decide on which one that we could compromise with. Maybe somewhere else has no immigration problems but have say climate issues.

The immigration issue right now seems to be harder to compromise on given the political situation in Brazil.

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

Perhaps we should kinda run a test. We'll pretend we've decided on this island and start making the needed plans. Of course we won't actually buy anything or such but it would be good to show us the process.

Esmond

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, exactly. A stress test, if you will, to test the water.

Esmond

Help preserve Nature.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

It would be interesting, the usual problem of getting everyone organised.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

guest2859

I'd work with that, it sounds like a good idea.

Tsyal Maktoyu

Yeah, a dry run sounds in order. We've (well, most of you guys, I just got here last month ::)) done all this work, let's put it to the test.  ;)

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

Key'ìl Nekxetse

What do we do, and how do we do it?

We're gonna need a plan, I'm not sure where to start. find out more about the local area, cost of travel, immigration?
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Nantxe'lan

yesterday i browsed through some sites about migrating to brazil. a problem would be the language, since brazil has it's own dialect of portugese and english is as common in brazil as german is in japan - so atleast a few would have to learn that language. besides that i payed a visit to the website of the brazilian embassy in germany. apparently they have a seperate office for almost everything.
so i guess the first thing to know is where to ask which question.
if i remember correctly, 'Eylan Ayikranä volunteered to get in touch with an embassy...? ;D
i can also take care of getting in touch with the embassy, if he doesn't want to struggle with it anymore  :D

but one thing was interesting to read:
apparently brazil is somehow under political pressure about anxious to improve conservation of the rain forest (they plan to put 12% of brazils rainforrest under conservation until 2012), educational and medical support of indigenous people in brazil and (re)assigning territories to them, stop slash-and-burn land clearance, sustainable agriculture, biofuel production, renewable energy, etc. etc. etc.
in a nutshell: they seem to be pretty much interested in ecological matters. so perhaps we could take an advantage out of this?
i mean although some would claim us to be "ecoanarchists", eco villages are pretty rare by nature, and we would be brazils very first eco village - at least i haven't found any hint about brasilian eco villages in the web. PLUS they wouldn't have to pay a dime for it. the only thing they'd have to do is to let us play in their sandbox.

the only problem: self-sufficiency could be contraproductive since we would be independent from brazil and its economy to some grade. despite the fact that they wouldn't earn much on us, we would not be able to show "how much a blooming economy could go hand in hand with an ecological lifestyle". but i guess its just a matter of public relations, since if noone besides us and brazils government knows that we are self-sufficient... well... we just don't have to shout it from the rofftops.

but there's a rub in it. if we could actually manage to make our idea palatable to the government, it wil most likely draw attention to us.
speaks: if we would be a "jewel" to brazil, they'll be eager to show around what they're so proud of.
on the other hand: if i remember right there were thoughts about some kind of "eco-tourism" anyway...

erm... am i again driven by too many concerns?  ;D
"All I ever wanted in my sorry-ass life was a single thing worth fighting for."
"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."
Atxkxe - I somehow love this word.

Oeru syaw Nantxe'lan taluna oeri txe'lan 'efu na txe'lan nantangä.
[img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/