TRIBAL RESEARCH - Geraldo Island

Started by Tonbogiri, September 11, 2010, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key'ìl Nekxetse

Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Teylar ateyo woritan

Well the idea of a dry run is a fantastic idea, and well I do agree with the thinking that brazil could be quite pro our idea and I know immigrating to brazil looks hard but what they put on paper and what they actually do are probably 2 completely different things. That's why I think going to an embassy is vital, they are an ledc "generally" ledc's are easier to immigrate too because they dont have the money to waste checking up on everything
to live like a na'vi is to live in peace and in balance with nature

'Itan Atxur

So how exactly should we start this? We're gonna need to get a bit more organized.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Predict

We act as if Geraldo is perfect and proceed with immigration plans. Unfortunately developing countries have to keep out a lot of immigrants from other developing countries so they tend to have harsh laws. Mind you somewhere like the US is impossible.

Nantxe'lan

for the dry run i'd say first we should think about what we need in detail, then how to obtain it.

Assuming the dry run will include the whole settlement with all its features, i had some thoughts about what to find out (not in specific order):

feel free to add topics or to rewrite it. if anything is allready known, strike ist.
I bet there are more things to consider, but first this should be enough for a dry run and second i think other important issues will show during research.
at least it's something to start with.

edit:
those are topics especially for the tribe project - regular migration matters are not listed but have to be considered, too.
"All I ever wanted in my sorry-ass life was a single thing worth fighting for."
"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."
Atxkxe - I somehow love this word.

Oeru syaw Nantxe'lan taluna oeri txe'lan 'efu na txe'lan nantangä.
[img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/

Predict

Those are all good points. The primary objective is to establish the best means of immigrating to the country. Beyond that we need to know how local laws will affect our operation.

A few thing I wouldn't worry about are Eco-Village buildings, waste managment, and importing plants/animals. They are not as location specific. We can also forget about flight regulation, it isn't going to happen.

If I can say one thing: focus on getting in. Immigration is the real issue, finding suitable land is challenging but far more straightforward. Then local regulations.

'Itan Atxur

I also support not focusing on the Eco village at least for now.

Nantxe'lan

nevemrind, this was intended to be a rough check list to fit all possible locations and the whole settlement :D

ok, here's what i've got so far about brazil (state january 2009). funny enough, brazil seems to meet "scenario 1" of Letxuma Swizaw's Topic as well as most of my aforementioned issues.

about getting in:
- staying in brazil for 90 days requires a valid passport, as in almost every country in the world.
- residence permit for EU-Citicens requires a bailment of 50,000 Real.
- CPF identification number is required to buy property.

about staying there:
- everyone with an monthly income lesser than 1,000.- Real is tax-exempted. 500.- Real per month are enough to maintain a low to medium level of living, statutory minimum wage is 350.- Real per month.
- free national health insurance which covers most minor ailments. private insurance recommended
- building regulations are almost inexistent
- additional income is no problem.
- almost governmental rights on private ground and little to none interference by ministries in general.

those facts were gathered together from different migration guides, therefore i can't give any ensurance about their correctness, but they have not been denied either.

at the moment i'm gathering all tribe members residences to contact the embassy about migration regulations for those countries, but since i can only assume the active members and since some made no specification about their residence, its just guesswork.
since i fear to become annoying or perhaps I'm not trusted well enough since i'm quite new, i'd suggest someone takes this part.
otherwise it would be nice if you could provide me with the information about active / confirmed members or even give me a sum up of their residences, so i can contact the embassy.

Residences i found out so far:
- European Union (actual country is not relevant)
- USA
- Esmond's residence

Key'ìl Nekxetse

A permanent visa can be acquired through 50,000 investment, AND be proficient in Portuguese (only one source).
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Tsyal Maktoyu

Ouch. :( Though the tax-exempt status we'd have is tempting. How does that compare to a place like Costa Rica, or other plausable locations?

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

'Itan Atxur

A one time 50K expense really isn't that bad. We could do a LOT worse.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Nantxe'lan

i hate to be the guy with the bad news, but after reading through some posts of the Anononia-Forum (mentioned here) and their "reports" i found the reason why they rejected Geraldo Island as a possible location:
The whole island is under preservation. i.e. not a single tree is allowed to be cut down.
as seen on this picture the majority of the island is forested.
for the tribe itself it it might be no big deal to set up shelters or smaller buildings amidst the trees, but for the eco vilage it will make things more complicated.
atop of that the preservation narrows down the source of supplies and resources drastically. even though we're not going to slash-burn the island anyway, we will need wood and importing it is perhaps a solution for the beginning, but to keep up importing wood would miss the point of being self-sustaining IMO...

Tsyal Maktoyu

Damn. :-[ I knew there had to be a bigger catch in there somewhere. Lush areas like that usually don't go unnoticed by the greedy mitts of the modern world.

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

guest2859

Yeah, I would need an office for my job, so I'm not sure if I could even transport everything there.

Esmond

Sheesh...its officially under preservation?

If so then why'd it be on sale?

Help preserve Nature.

Nantxe'lan

nothing confirmed yet, but it'll be definately a topic on my mail to the brazilian embassy...

as far as i can judge from a few pictures there are allready some small houses on the edge of the forrest near the coast, but they're build uppon stilts so the floor conditions don't affect them too much. and you can still use tents. if you can afford a private island you can also afford a de luxe tent - and i know they can be quite luxurious so you wouldn't lack much of your comfort...
as a private island just for vacation purpose it is still enough so the preservation would be no big deal. but for a permanent settlement? idk...

despite that: if i got that right their research for a location was around april to june and they listed Geraldo Island with more than 900,000.- US$. but atm Geraldo is priced at 720,000.- US$ so this could indicate the general trouble to sell the island.

what puzzles me is the fact that Geraldo is advertised as "The area has big potential and there are incentives for industry, fishing, agriculture and the tourist industry." but paper doesn't blush.

'Itan Atxur

Oh well. We'll find another place :(

:D :D

-'Itan Atxur

lightbringer

thank you all for doing this leg work for me. i didn't know that someone was thinking of doing something similar to what i was planning. i was merely researching this island to see what all it has in store once i start my exodus. and what im planning in similar to what this thread was focused on, but mine is on a grander scale.

if anyone here is interested in furthering the developement of this island, as well as teaching and learning everything this world has to offer, contact me. we need people with a collection of skills and trades, not just people with the desire to start anew on an island.

contact me at
[email protected]
for details.

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: lightbringer on March 26, 2013, 12:30:35 PM
thank you all for doing this leg work for me. i didn't know that someone was thinking of doing something similar to what i was planning. i was merely researching this island to see what all it has in store once i start my exodus. and what im planning in similar to what this thread was focused on, but mine is on a grander scale.

if anyone here is interested in furthering the developement of this island, as well as teaching and learning everything this world has to offer, contact me. we need people with a collection of skills and trades, not just people with the desire to start anew on an island.

Uh, sorry, but could you explain a bit?