Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kharvilak

What about this one?

http://www.eaglestar.net/thm3-.html

There are others in Washington State that I'm doing some research into, but I'll have to get back to it a little while later this evening.  Going to sign a contract on a house at the moment.  Whoohooo!!!

Txon Taronyu

Ya the US and Russia have growen a lot on me

espetially after learning about the candiru. EEk
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: kharvilak on February 18, 2010, 05:54:39 PM
What about this one?

http://www.eaglestar.net/thm3-.html

There are others in Washington State that I'm doing some research into, but I'll have to get back to it a little while later this evening.  Going to sign a contract on a house at the moment.  Whoohooo!!!

Looks like it will be too cold. :(

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txon Taronyu

cold is bad but its better than a candiru to you know where
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Well, if we do the Eco Village, then cold will be MUCH less of an issue, and suddenly a ton more options open up.

Letxuma Swizaw

The eco-village is for fall-back plans and non-tribals as far as i've come to understand.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

'Itan Atxur

Still worth having it in the discussion until it's ruled out.

Letxuma Swizaw

No i mean like we'll have it, no-doubt, but it's a fall back plan and a place for visitors and summer camp.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Coyote

The Pacific Northwest is probably our best option; the truly warm-year-round places are either going to be desert or jungle.

The Pacific Northwest gets a lot of warm weather coming up from the Pacific, there are mountains and rainforest, the soil is good, there's lots of animals, and the general area is friendly to this sort of thing. There's also plenty of opportunity for geothermal power.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

The old Uriuujìn

Now now now. I don't know about this whole "We WILL have an eco-village" deal. Speaking in absolutes about something that the entire Tribe should be in on is not wise or fair. I personally would like to get more information on the Eco-Village before I would support/condemn it ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Coyote

The existence of one does not necessarily spell doom for the other. A lot of people would be willing to join one but not the other; there's no reason for this to be a zero-sum game.

In fact, I could easily see the two working together to support each other's goals, if they are located closely. The "true tribe" would need a place to retreat to in case things go south or a medical emergency; the villagers will want a nature outlet and may see "spending a summer in the campsite" as a sort of test of determination, an "Iknimaya" of sorts since we don't have actual Ikrans to ride.

I fail to see the logic why it must be either-or.  ???
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

'Itan Atxur

There are very many ways that this could work, but this is not the topic for that discussion. :D

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: Uriuujìn on February 18, 2010, 09:10:58 PM
Now now now. I don't know about this whole "We WILL have an eco-village" deal. Speaking in absolutes about something that the entire Tribe should be in on is not wise or fair. I personally would like to get more information on the Eco-Village before I would support/condemn it ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

I merely meant that the idea of the eco-village was sound. I can't really tell you what i was trying to get across with that statement but i didn't mean to take an absolute. I actually don't like the eco-village idea. But i do feel it would bring us more members than just the village itself. I really just wanted to be lost in the woods with a group of people in my initial thoughts of this project.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

The old Uriuujìn

Understandable. If you look in the "Eco-Village vs. Tribe" Poll thread, our tsmukan made a very good point that I think we should listen to and apply, as long as everyone agrees ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Letxuma Swizaw

So after telling my environmental science teacher about our plans she lit up! She was so excited for the idea and immediately started telling me about how she used to do almost exactly what we're planning on doing all the time. She suggested the northern part of California be a place we look at. She said there are plenty of fish, bodies of clean water, game, and edible plant life.

She also suggested something really simple which should have been obvious. I suggest that all of you, for your spring break, should go to the nearest national park that isn't to crowded and go backpacking for about 3 days. That's going to be my spring break now and i'm stoked!!! She said i could lend any of her equipment and she's given me some good stories in just the short conversations we've had. We have a good source now so if anyone is wondering anything ask me and I'll relay it to her, she the only person i know who is experienced in this that will talk to me whenever.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Omatikaya'itan

ya my enviro science teacher told me almost the same thing but she thinks that up in the cascade range would be the best place

The old Uriuujìn

Wow! I hadn't even thought about something like that! I wish I could do the backpacking thing as well, but... I'm still at home, and we are going to Florida instead ^_^; so unfortunately no forest time for Uriuujìn Y_Y At least I'll be warm for once ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

kharvilak

I'm planning on a long hike on the Appalachian Trail for this Spring... wish I could take the time to hike the entire trail.

guest2859

I don't know where to go anymore. And I thought we rules out N. America forever ago.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 20, 2010, 12:19:40 AM
I don't know where to go anymore. And I thought we rules out N. America forever ago.

Yeah, but we brought it back into the conversation after almost everywhere else didn't look too hot.  :(

And yeah, I go back packing all the time and already have a trip planned this summer.