Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

As for me, I just need 2 freaking years to pass.

Omatikaya'itan

yep i got a big black tail hunting trip planned in the cascades this year

Txon Taronyu

I like north amarica

read my post on what the guy did we should just do that
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

guest2859

But if we do the permanent tribe in North America, it'll have freezing weather, but this is a good place for the eco-village.

Txon Taronyu

not necisarely not everywhere in the US has cold winters
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

guest2859

Deamon5550

If it's in NA then we should definitely chose our location carefully, paying a lot of attention to the climate. I live in Canada, so I know about cold winters, their deadly. Lats Winter I went camping (on Jan 26th) for a weekend, and the temperature was -32 degrees Celsius. Although this was up in the mountains, it serves as a reminder to how deadly the cold is even when you are prepared. I came out of that weekend with hypothermia, and that was just a weekend. Spending any major time there with out proper preparation is DEADLY.
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

d5ive

Quote from: Deamon5550 on February 21, 2010, 10:42:53 PM
If it's in NA then we should definitely chose our location carefully, paying a lot of attention to the climate. I live in Canada, so I know about cold winters, their deadly. Lats Winter I went camping (on Jan 26th) for a weekend, and the temperature was -32 degrees Celsius. Although this was up in the mountains, it serves as a reminder to how deadly the cold is even when you are prepared. I came out of that weekend with hypothermia, and that was just a weekend. Spending any major time there with out proper preparation is DEADLY.

I agree with the fact that winters are deadly however I quite like the idea that we would survive winters if you know what I mean. Its like surviving nuclear warfare, you feel good about it at the end and have gained a s*** of knowledge and experience.
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

'Itan Atxur

ANY type of location that drops below freezing is a place I am very much against. Like the above poster said, surviving a winter would give us a TON of confidence and knowledge. But theirs one problem: We have to survive it first. The odds of all of us surviving a real winter are rather low, and whatever location we choose, I'd like to have it as close to 100% survival rate as possible.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Ikranä mokri

STOP!!!

ok im going to try and be a voice of reason.

realistically how many places in NA will let us settle for good?

Why do you guys want it to be NA? is for ease of getting there or is it actually because its the best place?

What about other countries we can emigrate to, New Zealand for example has a very diverse range of wilderness and is quite warm all year round!

thinking about ease of access and thing like that will get us nowhere fast. we have made allot of progress but we need to whitle down the world to 3 or 4 locations we could realistically have it! then people have to go on holiday to one of these places to see what its actually like then we can add to that by a small group going and by the by getting it down to 1 or 2 locations then having a vote or something.

surviving a winter wouldn't be difficult( just jumping in here) we would have to keep fires going and have stores of food ready for consumption as well as some form of clothing to wear if we need to hunt. if our ancestors could do it with nothing we can do it!.

all im saying is that we have to keep thinking laterally and realistically. keep our minds open for any idea that comes to the table not just ignore and dismiss it as something that is too difficult.

thats my rant over

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Coyote

I'd wager it is simple demographics. Go to the Google Map thread in the Introductions section and look at where most of the people are: North America and Europe. And of the two, North America has the most amount of "unclaimed" land that is available.

And it is not all freezing cold winters here, either. This isn't Siberia!  ;D A lot of the US is quite pleasant. The Pacific Northwest (an oft-cited example) has a cool & rainy season but is otherwise fairly temperate year-round.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Tutean-tìhawnu

If we do go for NA, what are those of us who don't already live there going to do avoid being deported? I don't know too much about the various laws, but I do know we need visas to get in, and I keep hearing about Green Cards (no idea what they are or do though)
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Letxuma Swizaw

I'm tired of telling people to go here and read this mans story. It is not impossible to do this in NA even with regards to weather. I don't want to live somewhere with freezing weather anyways but he is living this very existence in Northern Michigan (and i might add without any of the technology we've decided, me grudgingly, we need to bring). It is more than possible it is the most probable.

Do you think that the Australian government is going to let us settle on one of their islands with the most protected species? The Australian government is by far one of the most conservative of the developed nations from what i know. And California in particular, which I'm really pushing for, is one of the most liberal states in the US and probably won't have as many issues regarding this as Australia..
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Ikranä mokri

technically new Zealand is its own country not part or Australia at all its part of the continent of Oceania though.

do u live in california ?? we can work around laws anyway, theres always something. and this bloke in wherever is on his own right? well its easier to live on you own in that situation rather than with a group of people.

im just putting new ideas on the table cause we seem to have made up our minds with 4 years to go !!

also im another who doesnt think we need tech

Letxuma Swizaw

I live in Ohio actually almost as far away as you can get from California without a coast line. It was my science teacher, who has experience in this, that said it would be the most probable place.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Ikranä mokri

best in NA im guessing probably the world

'Itan Atxur

Again, every site is going to have positives and negatives. I completely understand why some people don't want NA. There are many cases against it. But there are many for it too. If you don't want NA, propose a spot that you DO think will be good and I'm sure it will become part of the discussion.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Coyote

Just look up "US Immigration" and see what's there. Remember, every country will have some sort of immigration process. Some are harder than others. There is no country on the face of this planet that will let you just walk in and set up camp as you please.

Several years ago, Australia would only let people immigrate if they had advanced degrees, preferably in Engineering. I don't know if that is still the case. The reason for that is because they have plenty of low-wage labor already hanging around, and can't find jobs enough for them. So the last thing they want is more people with few marketable skills to show up who'll just wind up as welfare cases.

Other countries may not want a bunch of "naive, meddling do-gooder Westerners" showing up on their doorsteps promising to save the rainforests (it doesn't matter if you see yourself as a "naive meddling do-gooder", it is how they will perceive you that matters). Some developing countries or regions make a profit from clear-cutting rainforests and other nasty stuff, so the last thing they want to do is issue visas to a bunch of middle-class "nature freaks" showing up who --in their eyes-- will end up getting their butts kicked in the jungle and have to be airlifted out, rife with malaria and gangrene.

The US, Europe and Canada are more socially accepting of environmentally-minded groups doing "crazy things". Europe doesn't have the freely-available land needed to make such a thing happen, so that kinda narrows it down to places like the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. And of them, the US and Canada is where most of the support, infrastructure and population base is. It is hard enough to buy land when you're a native of a country; buying land as a fresh-faced foreigner with no obvious employment prospects..? 
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

The old Uriuujìn

Yes, buying land as a foreigner would be difficult, but we have a lot of people from a lot of different places- someone who is native to the area could procure the land much easier than having one person buy land even though they aren't from there, which would be more difficult as you said.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Letxuma Swizaw

TBH, my teacher said the best way to do this and the way she did it was just flying under the radar. If they decide to call you out on it all we get is a slap on the wrist.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.