Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omatikaya'itan

good idea flying under the radar sounds like a good plan

Txontaw

We should build up forces, then take over the entire US.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

guest2859

Well, I asked my World History teacher today. She told us about taxes in America an all that. I asked her about being considered 'homeless.' She said as long as you have 0 [emphasis] 0 income, then you can just live here. But if someone gets atleast 10 cents a year and doesn't pay that penny in taxes, they could be arrested for avoiding taxes, and that goes for all of us. The best thing to do, is save up to 30,000 each, and when you pay your tax bill, quit your job, never apply for ANYTHING. Then you'll have that money + 0 income. But I'm not sure if that second half works, so someone should ask a US government teacher.

Eywayä lì'u

If only there was more free-land in Europe, as far as I know, you can move freely to a point if your nationality is in the EU
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Txontaw

I'm considering the possibility of continuing to work even while the tribe has started, which means that if we have to fall back to provided food or something, or if there is a medical emergency, we can still pay for it. And if the only taxes I'm paying is for work, that's fine. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Eywayä lì'u

although the europe migration thing wouldn't be really all that helpful to those in NA, aka most of us here

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I believe that a possible location for a tribe could quite possibly be Hawaii (one of the islands, anyway). That was where Cameron took the actors so they could get a feel of what it would be like to live in a forest like on Pandora. I have thought about this for some time and have read many other posts and responses. If we all pool money into a single account of sorts, then we could use that money to buy land on one (or even more) of the Islands. We could also use the money to build our  own "Hometree." A very large mansion (house, thing, etc.) we could all live in that would be "up to code." That way we could raise children, have shelter, storage for foods & other essential items, and other things. We could grow our own food on our land and we could harvest wild, edible plants and animals (just kidding) out in the forest. Depending on how many back this plan, we could all get part-time jobs and make money. We would use that money for taxes and such, but we wouldn't have to pay much for our electric bill, right? If this plan goes into action, we could very well have a successful temporary or even permanent (I hope so) Na'vi tribe. What do you, my fellow People, think? Sure my idea has some holes, but with everyone's help we could make it air-tight.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Eywayä lì'u

I don't think having a big house with electricity and stuff is really keeping with the whole tribe theme here,but I think that Hawaii might be an excellent choice of location, providing there is enough free land (I wouldn't know, I've never been there)

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

What I meant was that even though we would have such things (electricity), we wouldn't use them at all (if ever) so we wouldn't have to pay very much for them. Thus saving us a ton of money to be used elsewhere. And try not to think of it as a house but our own Hometree. Its just an idea, anyway.

Fnua Atxkxe

You should check out the eco-village threads although I don't hink anyone was thinking of a mansion, it is meant to be a simpler life, if the eco-village ever gets off the ground I imagine you'd be sleeping in a small room (think cubicle) with larger (sparse) communal facilities. The concept is not about incorporating luxuries though, just what is neccessary. People discussing the eco-village (I think?) are looking for an escape from modern life but also don't want to go fully tribal. Hawaii would be pretty good. I would imagine any available land would be at a premium though.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I will look into this "eco-village." I have been scouring the Internet for land in Hawaii. Beautiful. A little expensive. Perhaps an "eco-village" there?

guest2859

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Eco-villages are awesome! I will keep searching for suitable land that is currently on the market and posting about it. Over time I bet there will be something that we can all agree on. I wonder...what if we convince family members (or even our entire families) to join our cause? More funding, familiar faces, a tribe bigger than a couple dozen People... Perhaps this is not the thread for such a topic. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Tsawl Eltu Tsamsiyu on February 22, 2010, 06:26:35 PM
Eco-villages are awesome! I will keep searching for suitable land that is currently on the market and posting about it. Over time I bet there will be something that we can all agree on. I wonder...what if we convince family members (or even our entire families) to join our cause? More funding, familiar faces, a tribe bigger than a couple dozen People... Perhaps this is not the thread for such a topic. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

You can raise pretty much whatever in the Devil's Advocate and All the Bad Stuff. thread, general consensus seems to be in favour of tribe and village working together, seperate but supporting each other.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Fnua Atxkxe

no probs :D just read all the stuff people have brought up already, then things don't get repetive and it might give you more ideas

Nìftxavang Sreu

No idea if anyone has said this on the thread, but New Zea-land, where it was filmed. Just saying (: I know there could be problems with immigration, but i was just throwing it out there

proud member of the NSFC!!

Fnua Atxkxe

Well it says on page one that Australia is still being discussed so I imagine New Zealand could still be considered unless there are particularly harsh imigration laws in New Zealand or something. I'm sure I read an article somewhere about imagration to New Zealand but I can't remember it :(

Nìftxavang Sreu

Well I'm glad to know it's still in play! My sister and I take a vacation together every two years. We just went to Miami over Christmas break, but we are planning to go to New Zealand on our next trip. This is mainly because her favorite movies were shot there (Lord of the Rings) and Avatar was shot there (: we're hoping to do some camping and hiking and I'm defs going au natural with hair and makeup and just wearing the necessities and try to have an as Avatar as possible experience before the tribe comes together (:

proud member of the NSFC!!

Fnua Atxkxe

Sounds great, you shouldn't post that kinda stuff or you'll envoke jealousy ;)