Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fpxafaw Taronyu

OMG, then call it Kebab ;) this i know very well ;o)

as requested, norfolks Flora and Fauna:

http://www.discovernorfolkisland.com/norfolk/nature.html

i would describe it "Mediterranean" , lots of pines there..

Need an Avatar-Avatar? Klick my Banner for further Pics!

Letxuma Swizaw

it looks like Norfolk is a great place, but there's nothing but birds and small rodents, 90% of which are endangered.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

guest2859

Yeah. What's the little 10% that aren't?

Letxuma Swizaw

Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

guest2859

Famouse quote from GTA:SA: 'If we didn't have murderers, we'd be in a population crisis.'

But I think wherever we go, we'll have someone trying to get us out.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Ikranä mokri

if you want i can look up a few more islands as well as looking up flora and fauna on the islands i find.

ill also do it for new zealand if you guys what?

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Nìftxavang Sreu

proud member of the NSFC!!

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I hadn't thought of that. Good job!

Ikranä mokri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelau    a small island

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niue      another island

this is about the biodeversity of new zealand

Because of its long isolation from the rest of the world and its island biogeography, New Zealand has extraordinary flora and fauna, descended from Gondwanan wildlife or since arriving by flying, swimming or being carried across the sea.[42] About 80% of New Zealand's flora is endemic, including 65 endemic genera.[43] The two main types of forest are those dominated by podocarps and/or the giant kauri, and in cooler climates the southern beech. The remaining vegetation types in New Zealand are grasslands of tussock and other grasses, usually in sub-alpine areas, and the low shrublands between grasslands and forests.

The endemic flightless kiwi is a national icon
Until the arrival of humans, 80% of the land was forested. Until 2006 it was thought that there were no non-marine native mammals, barring three species of bat (one now extinct). However in 2006 scientists discovered bones that belonged to a long-extinct unique, mouse-sized land animal in the Otago region of the South Island.[44] A diverse range of megafauna inhabited New Zealand's forests, including the flightless moas (now extinct), four species of kiwi, the kakapo and the takahē, all endangered by human actions. Unique birds capable of flight included the Haast's eagle, which was the world's largest bird of prey (now extinct), and the large kākā and kea parrots. Reptiles present in New Zealand include skinks, geckos and living fossil tuatara. There are four endemic species of primitive frogs. There are no snakes and there is only one venomous spider, the katipo, which is rare and restricted to coastal regions. There are many endemic species of insect, including the weta, one species of which may grow as large as a house mouse and is the heaviest insect in the world.
New Zealand has suffered a high rate of extinctions, including the moa, the huia, laughing owl and flightless wrens (which occupied the roles elsewhere occupied by mice). This is due to human activities such as hunting, and pressure from introduced feral animals, such as weasels, stoats, cats, goats, deer and brushtailed possums. Five indigenous vascular plant species are now believed to be extinct, including Adam's mistletoe and a species of forget-me-not.[43]
New Zealand has led the world in island restoration projects, where offshore islands are cleared of introduced mammalian pests and native species are reintroduced. Several islands, including two of the Chatham Islands, are wildlife reserves where common pests such as possums and rodents have been eradicated to allow the reintroduction of endangered species to the islands. A more recent development is the mainland ecological island.

this is all i got so far but i havent relally look very hard yet! soz
il do some more hiunting l8r

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Nice findings, irayo!

the Gondwana thing is also valid for new calediona plus there are no Volcanos on this  island, so the fauna is even older, the plants are more weird than in NZ ;)

Beware, if the Island is too small, there will be no hunting possible, but easier to buy maybe..

several pages earlier i posted a list of all Islands worldwide sorted by size, maybe you should have a look onto this?

-> http://forum.learnnavi.org/real-life-navi-tribe/tribe-location-brainstorm-2/msg101327/#msg101327

BTW, Niue seems to be pretty cool!

Right now, im Planning an vacation trip to the capverde islands -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cap_Verde

Some are like deserts, some have forests, if i will be back (middle of may) i will show you some pics ;)

Eywa ayngahu!

Ikranä mokri

plz come back i wanna see those pics

EDIT one problem with Niue is that there are allot of small roads criss crossing it but we might be able to find somewhere on it ( if we decide to go there)

Omatikaya'itan

ya accept for the roads this is a place i will look into with great interest, oh p.s. is there a place for my chopper

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I still think Hawaii would be good. But that is the problem...it is only a thought...so far.

Omatikaya'itan

well Hawaii would be great but it heavly populated

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on February 25, 2010, 10:36:11 PM
I still think Hawaii would be good. But that is the problem...it is only a thought...so far.

Yeah, as awesome as Hawaii would be, I fear it's just too over populated.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nanaki

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Omatikaya'itan

Hey what about the Marshall Islands one that has a good size forest on it. They are still U.S. soil as well so no passports lol

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Sounds pretty cool!

But maybe we should avoud Bikini and Eniwetok for some Reasons... ;)

Plus:

-Native Tribes are living there
- We would be in the middle of nowhere
- Great for diving

Minus:
- they are pretty pretty small, so only farming and fishing would be possible, no hunting due to less natural ressources, good for Vacation, bat for permanent living.. (imho)
- Furthermore they are flat, global warming may become an issue

There are many nice Attols in Micronesia, but the name is Micronesia, so ... ruled out from my POV

tsap'alute ma tsmukan for beeing such a downer ;)