Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowedSin

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 02, 2010, 05:52:59 PM
Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 02, 2010, 05:48:47 PM
Forest is definitely more practical, that's why I liked this http://privateislandforsale.net/?gclid=CPquhIydmqACFR88lAodpFKYdw. Is essentialy giant island of forest surrounded on all sides by water that are also sold as part of island

Tennessee is really a beautiful place. The only problem I have with that spot is that it may be too small and make it hard to hunt year round. Other wise, great find!!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Not just that but I really wonder if some have taken the time to consider a few things. Jungles are VERY delicate ecosystems, and the tribes are discussing have spent centuries adapting there. I suggest picking a temperate climate where you can warden the land. This means instead of full on hunter gather you monitor herds of select prey and hunt as necessary.

And instead of full on agriculture, pick simplistic plants and create gardens. You can plant several and reproduce what many tribes in the Amazon do by creating
sustainable horticulture. This gives you the freedom of life and yet gives you a considerable source of subsistence.

Also note that living in different climates you are going to want to research the area to find out what type of clothing is prudent. Aka, in the Northwest you DO NOT want to wear skins. They rot, why do you think so many Salish tribes wore cedar clothing? It doesn't rot in the humid atmosphere.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

'Itan Atxur

Very good idea. I like this.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Anywhere warmer has my vote. But like I always say (in this thread), I like the tropical idea better. I should shut up before someone makes me. I have contributed little to this thread, but I have still contributed. Still, anywhere warmer. And if it isn't the PNW then I am 100% for it!
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 02, 2010, 10:06:48 PM
Anywhere warmer has my vote. But like I always say (in this thread), I like the tropical idea better. I should shut up before someone makes me. I have contributed little to this thread, but I have still contributed. Still, anywhere warmer. And if it isn't the PNW then I am 100% for it!

Until we have decided, don't shut up!! It seems like we haven't made much progress as of late, so you never know which random idea will spark a new idea!!

(lol. I didn't even realize I'd passed 1800!! wow.)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

ShadowedSin

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 02, 2010, 10:00:28 PM

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Well, if you guys want to live like the Na'vi, you are pretty much going to be stuck with Neolithic tech.

I read through your eco-village idea and your camp ideas. And I do have a suggestion. Why not have a winter and summer campsites? People in the Salish regions and other tribes do this all the time. Basically create a permanent area for winter and then a more open area for summer. I know sound sa bit weird, but it could seriously solve a lot of your problems.

The Eco could be your wintering area where you store food, and then the summer camp can be mostly for hunting and gathering.

For some reason I have a feeling you guys might want to also study the Bielskis. The family that hid 1200 Jews in Belrus during WW2. They literally lived in a forest in the middle of a fairly cold region on their own for a while. Might be some good ideas :).
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: ShadowedSin on March 02, 2010, 10:25:09 PM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 02, 2010, 10:00:28 PM

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Well, if you guys want to live like the Na'vi, you are pretty much going to be stuck with Neolithic tech.

I read through your eco-village idea and your camp ideas. And I do have a suggestion. Why not have a winter and summer campsites? People in the Salish regions and other tribes do this all the time. Basically create a permanent area for winter and then a more open area for summer. I know sound sa bit weird, but it could seriously solve a lot of your problems.

The Eco could be your wintering area where you store food, and then the summer camp can be mostly for hunting and gathering.

For some reason I have a feeling you guys might want to also study the Bielskis. The family that hid 1200 Jews in Belrus during WW2. They literally lived in a forest in the middle of a fairly cold region on their own for a while. Might be some good ideas :).

This is not a bad idea and definitely something worth keeping in mind.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

d5ive

Just thought I would mention, today we had a presentation about a village that our school supports in Pupua New Ginea, it takes almost five days to get there, play, boat, hike. This is I tihnk what we want, except not maybe that extreme, so these jungly ociana places are not actually that bad an idea (:O omg did i just support somewhere other than Canada!), we just need the right place
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nanaki

Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 02, 2010, 10:06:48 PM

I like too :) :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Ikranä mokri

K im really confused cause there are like 3 different ideas that are floating around for this.

are we doing annual camping, tribe, eco village or eco-village + tribe??

and as for location im still researching and am goin to talk to my physical geography about where teh best place might be.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Nanaki

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 03, 2010, 07:42:54 AM
K im really confused cause there are like 3 different ideas that are floating around for this.

are we doing annual camping, tribe, eco village or eco-village + tribe??

and as for location im still researching and am goin to talk to my physical geography about where teh best place might be.

woah, it's always tribe + eco-village !! (Many of us are here for the tribe, and others for the eco-village ... I HOPE it's always that !!)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Ikranä mokri

well i just got a little confused cause of what i read on another post but i do hope its going to stay as eco-village + tribe
[/offtopic]

Fnua Atxkxe

I think eco-village + tribe is the best solution. It allows the tribe to get around the fact that people don't want any modern stuff near them. Thus food and medicine + tech stored ine eco-village away from tribe. They sort of mutualy support each other in this and other ways, it's the most practical solution for our goals. I was thinking as I went to bed last night. What would help with our search for a location would be if we compiled a list of what we all want, things like size of land, climate and other stuff. Would it be worth creating a new thread, where everyone could post what they want from the location. I think if we can come to an agreement about what we are looking for it could speed this up. What does everyone think? Should I create a thread for something like this?
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

It may not be a bad idea to do all 3 because the summer camp could be a source of income for us. But we're off topic again... :P

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Ikranä mokri

my bad

well im still doin the research but i got sidetracked a bit by Gaia and interstellar stuff.

but im still searching for islands in oceaniania i think iv got a few but still researching all of them

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, the research is proving really challenging. I'm still searching, but haven't found anything worth posting.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Ikranä mokri

half the problem is that the islands are either too far away from other habited islands or they dont have any recources (or they dont have a name, which is annoying)

Fnua Atxkxe

"Oops" Forgot about summer camp, what about this idea though

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 03, 2010, 10:29:01 AM
I was thinking as I went to bed last night. What would help with our search for a location would be if we compiled a list of what we all want, things like size of land, climate and other stuff. Would it be worth creating a new thread, where everyone could post what they want from the location. I think if we can come to an agreement about what we are looking for it could speed this up. What does everyone think? Should I create a thread for something like this?
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

Yeah! Go for it! That's not a bad idea at all!!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur