Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Kaltxì ma tsmuktu!

i have found the perfekt match!

And the best is, the Ecovillage is already in place!  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_da_Cunha

It is so ****ing awasome! Im exited, sorry ;)

They are looking for settlers, so we would be welcome! .. maybe ..

http://www.tristandc.com/

Checklist:

Internet √
Fresh Water √
mild climate √
Health Facility √
incredible far away from any other civilisation  √
Funny Animals / Birds to be watched √
Fishing Possible √

Hunting  :-[

Click the Pic for further Information

Need an Avatar-Avatar? Klick my Banner for further Pics!

Fnua Atxkxe

Hmm.... it is very isolated being 2816 kilometers from nearest land and despite having a hospital  I read this: On 4 December 2007 an outbreak of an acute viral-induced asthma was reported. This outbreak was compounded by Tristan's lack of suitable medical supplies. Sounds like we'd have to fund a better equiped hospital. Could be good though :D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Fnua Atxkxe

This could also be a drawback: "All land is communally owned."

This raises an interest question as to our tribes future; "There are instances of health problems attributed to endogamy"

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Letxuma Swizaw

it could also be our saving grace, however. I don't know if we'll be able to realistically afford land in many places.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Cmon, be more positive, they need fresh genomes there, the Asthma is from the very first settlers (8 male 7 female) 3 of them had Asthma) we could plan a slow takeover ;) and peaceful of course. there is a school for our possible kids, the Hospital needs to be improved, thats right, but the beauty of these islands... i am impressed, and thats a fact too! ;)

Fnua Atxkxe

If we all save for it together, we could afford land, it would take a few years but then that is the plan. It could save us but it would mean we have to convince them. Seeing as they are all descended from 15 people, this might indicate they value their privacy.

Nanaki

I don't see any sort of forest ... I'm wrong?
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Letxuma Swizaw

It sounds like they would be glad to get some more population, and even more so, a low environmental impact population. They'd probably help us out as much as they could if they knew our intentions. What kind of contact do they have? I want to get in touch with someone there and see what the situation is.

My friends we may have just found our carrot, and we're lucky that it gets to be through diplomacy. :D
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Fnua Atxkxe

I hope so, this could be exactly what were looking for. doesn't mention anything about local wildlife though.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Fnua Atxkxe

I get the impression there's very little wildlife there. The article describes how there economy is based on fishing industry, likely they use this for food needs also. On an interesting note the island might share some of the bio-luminesence of pandora ;): In 1958, as part of Operation Argus, the United States Navy exploded an atomic bomb 200 kilometres high in the upper atmosphere, 115 kilometres southeast of the main island.

The old Uriuujìn

Two questions- First off, is that Volcano Active? If so, I am not sure that I would want to live on an island where I could be charbroiled at any minute with no chance of escape.

Second, what is the weather like there? I am afraid that perhaps we would get some sort of oceanic storms coming from every-which way ^_^; Otherwise, it's really a nice place! ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Fnua Atxkxe

I imagine volcanoe is still active: In 1961, a volcanic eruption forced the evacuation of the entire population to wooden huts in the disused Pendell Army Camp in Merstham, Surrey, England before moving to a more permanent site at a former Royal Air Force station in Calshot near Southampton, England, living mainly in a road called Tristan Close. In 1962, a Royal Society expedition went to the islands to assess the damage, and reported that the settlement Edinburgh of the Seven Seas had been only marginally affected. Most families returned in 1963 led by Willie Repetto (head of the ten-person island council) and Allan Crawford (the former island welfare officer).

Letxuma Swizaw

it appears that our diet there would consist mainly of fish, reptiles, and maybe small mammals, if any exist on the island (i doubt it unless they were brought by settlers). perhaps some sea faring birds. Rendering all of our archery work pointless unless we bow fish, which is extremely fun BTW.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Fnua Atxkxe

A lot of people might be disapointed with the lack of animals for hunting. I doubt we'd be allowed to introduce any animals into the environment there. I could get used to it but I suspect this could be a downer for some people.

Letxuma Swizaw

I think after they field dress their first deer (maybe on our pacific crest trail trip) they won't mind only having to gut fish and snakes, maybe some birds. I on the other hand will be one of the few itching to shoot at some red meat i think so, yeah it would be a downer but just because it isn't exactly our dream tribe we can't put it down.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

d5ive

From what I can gather from their website it is really nothing like what we are aiming for. from the arial photos it looks like they live in houses with terracotta roofs, there is a lot or farming going on and there is absolutely no forrest of any kind on the island, its a very big change from what we were aiming at and I feel that we may be jumping on their bandwagon from excitement and also because it is sooo much easier to go join someone else rather than start our own up.

Sorry if I'm such a killjoy but it just doesn't seem to be what we are looking for :(

D
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Fpxafaw Taronyu

If its ruled out its out, im okay with that ;)

Pretty close there is another uninhabited island Link where i see some forest ?? This would be our hunting ground where animals could be introduced, and hey, we make long term plans so trees will grow... it takes some time, but they do ;)

The "inaccessible" Island seems to be a good place for the "Hardcore"-Tribe, and the Nightingale Island for the Honeymooners of the tribe...  <sigh> glad to have soo much fantasy..;)

@ the Aussie, do u know any desired  Island close to NZ or Australia w/o lethal Animals?

Good weekend to you all!

Atan fa Eywa ayngahu!