Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanaki

QuoteIt is a territory of the United Kingdom, although throughout its history it has had no permanent population. Together with Gough Island, it is a protected wildlife reserve which has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

No land mammals, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, or snails have recently been found at Inaccessible. Inaccessible Island does have 64 native plant species, including 20 types of flowering plants and 17 species of ferns. In addition, 48 invertebrate species exist on the island, 10 of which were introduced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inaccessible_Island
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Fpxafaw Taronyu on March 05, 2010, 04:39:53 PM
If its ruled out its out, im okay with that ;)

Pretty close there is another uninhabited island Link where i see some forest ?? This would be our hunting ground where animals could be introduced, and hey, we make long term plans so trees will grow... it takes some time, but they do ;)

The "inaccessible" Island seems to be a good place for the "Hardcore"-Tribe, and the Nightingale Island for the Honeymooners of the tribe...  <sigh> glad to have soo much fantasy..;)

@ the Aussie, do u know any desired  Island close to NZ or Australia w/o lethal Animals?

Good weekend to you all!

Atan fa Eywa ayngahu!

I'm not Australian but know a thing or to about animals and I know that wherever we go there will always be some kind of animal that could be lethal to us whether it be an insect or toruk :)
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 05, 2010, 04:44:51 PM
Are you sure?

yup. For example Britain ,which really doesn't have any kind of danger with animals, there are grass snakes which could kill if left untreated. The common house spider has venom more potent than a black widow, it's just that their fangs are too small to penetrate human skin

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Well, now that I think about it...yes. Almost everywhere you go, there will probably some kind of dangerous animal/plant/etc.

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 05, 2010, 04:53:51 PM
Well, now that I think about it...yes. Almost everywhere you go, there will probably some kind of dangerous animal/plant/etc.

exactly, we just need to find out as
much as we can on the native species wherever we go and find ways of protecting ourselves from possibly fatal mistakes, like how grace tells jake what do when he sees the thanator and such

Nanaki

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on March 05, 2010, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 05, 2010, 04:53:51 PM

exactly, we just need to find out as
much as we can on the native species wherever we go and find ways of protecting ourselves from possibly fatal mistakes, like how grace tells jake what do when he sees the thanator and such

woot ! One cookie for example :D

But it's really true, We must trust us and help each other, it's the goal (unlike the society where you are alone in a big world!)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Nanaki on March 05, 2010, 05:01:18 PM

woot ! One cookie for example :D

But it's really true, We must trust us and help each other, it's the goal (unlike the society where you are alone in a big world!)

Is true, community spirt vital to success. You can has cookie too!!! :D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Nanaki on March 05, 2010, 05:01:18 PM
(unlike the society where you are alone in a big world!)

Like me...We still need to work together on this. Someone should make new threads for different sections and stuff. Like a thread for ideas for islands, for N. America, S. America, Mediterranean, etc.

Eywayä lì'u

Im thinking that something near equatorial might be our safest best.

Fnua Atxkxe

Before we end up with 1000 different threads, if people could visit my thread here http://forum.learnnavi.org/real-life-navi-tribe/what-do-we-want-from-our-tribe-location/ and fill it out this could help in our search. Anyone who has already done this, my thanks to you.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Hmmkay, so its ruled out finally ;)  The Volcano is the showstopper i guess ..  lets hear more opinions!

Some smaller australian islands are looking pretty ;)  --> Click!

D5ive is the aussie :) <no offense>

Last Island for today -> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=h&ll=-8.868111,-140.117912&spn=0.291049,0.309677&z=12

Need an Avatar-Avatar? Klick my Banner for further Pics!

Ioang

The southern U.S. has quite a good selection of useful edible plant/veggies that are fairly common. (Along with huge numbers of resources on the land and it's pretty cheap.) At least compared to other places.

Muscadine's for instance: (A wild grapevine.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscadine

Don't live there myself, but as a child my Grandma lived there almost entirely off the land.
Learn Na'vi's resident orc.

The old Uriuujìn

We have a Tribe Location 3 Thread now. Post in that one, please sì Irayo!!! ^_^

Locked.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Katothena

Acre of forest near a lake with lots of deer, rabbit, and other forest creatures.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Katothenia on July 13, 2011, 05:34:43 PM
Acre of forest near a lake with lots of deer, rabbit, and other forest creatures.

that would be veeeery coooool :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :) :)

I would say a rainforest, or a mountainous rainforest, I love mountains :D :D :D

Tonbogiri

Yippee, a brainstorm!

We may need a little more than an acre, though...more like 200!

Okay, my contribution - we need fresh water source, enough room for small scale farming, enough natural resources to build with, relaxed hunting laws, easy immigration, emergency services not more than 2 hours away...it's a lot of stuff!

Be sure to check out the MANY location topics we have running...sigh.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Nìmwey

Yes, we need lots and lots of land - either for hunting, or, if we choose to have more animals (and feed more from them than wildlife, that is), to feed our own animals. They can't walk around in the same pasture all the time.

And I'm beginning to notice a pattern in the few hunting regulations I have looked through - in less developed countries (I have only checked Latin America, mind you), hunting is often completely or nearly completely banned - which is of course good for wildlife and nature, but not for us. ;)

And in more developed countries, there are instead certain seasons when you can hunt certain animals, of course with licenses and stuff like that (I have not managed to look it through more than that yet.)

So unless I/we find something else, like a nice-looking country that allows "at will-hunting" of certain species year round, I think we'll have to rethink the lifestyle we plan. With that I mean, plan not to rely on hunting as much.

Tonbogiri

I am sure that, if we need to, we could easily have a "hunting season", or work around it in some way - not beyond us, I hope! Some places have hunting restrictions on certain animals at certain times, meaning that while you cannot hunt the same animal all year round, hunting in general is still possible at all times.
Hm. The hunting conundrum!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Amaya

I'll say it again because it's been a while and it bears repeating:

Don't forget the fish!  In most places one can fish year-round, not to mention harvesting of shellfish (when it is safe to do so) and gathering edible seaweeds! :D :D

Plus, if hunting is restricted to certain times, there are ways to preserve meat besides freezing it.  It might do you all good to start learning some of those, because even if hunting is allowed year round it's always good to lay in some kind of supply for leaner times!

Anyway that's my two cents from someone who sadly won't likely be joining you all.