Tribe location brainstorm 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The old Uriuujìn

If we can pull off making some sort of donation-box for this Tribe, I bet that we could raise the money needed to actually buy the property ^_^ What do you all think of that?

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Letxuma Swizaw

i think that would be amazing. but to be honest when we buy it we probably won't have a lump sum of cash to give them we will have to pull out a loan or something which we can collectively pay off but that'll take a lot of trust. we should look into ways to collaboratively own property. i'm not exactly a land law major.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

The old Uriuujìn

Neither am I. Just a suggestion ^_^;;;

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Letxuma Swizaw

no its a great idea by all means. it should happen it will definitely help to have a figure for down payment down. but who knows maybe in 4 years we'll have enough. As soon as i get a job i'll donate 20 dollars every paycheck, dekarma me if i dont follow through. ;D but really if you did that it would break my heart enough to give 50 the next paycheck. i worship the karma system.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

d5ive

Our problem with a donation thing before actaully meeting is wether or not i trust the appointed person with my money before I know them :P Thats another reason I am really in favour of a get together practice camp, perhaps 2 weeks long and somewhere in north America (I think thats the closest place to most of us on here). Is building the trust we have in each other before commiting money to the eveadour.

P.S. Crap I missed like 20 pages of discussion overnight :P took me ages to read and look at all the links
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Tsyeymzi

Quote from: d5ive on February 15, 2010, 01:41:57 AM
Our problem with a donation thing before actaully meeting is wether or not i trust the appointed person with my money before I know them :P Thats another reason I am really in favour of a get together practice camp, perhaps 2 weeks long and somewhere in north America (I think thats the closest place to most of us on here). Is building the trust we have in each other before commiting money to the eveadour.

P.S. Crap I missed like 20 pages of discussion overnight :P took me ages to read and look at all the links

Yeah... Cause money grows on trees.
- The Signature is a Lie -

bagget00

I might donate some if I believe the person won't just up and dissapear the next day and spend it all.
To get together with everyone, that would show the amount of dedication needed, plus we could finally learn what the other members are like instead of just their writing styles. :)
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Youre guys are awesome!   ;D

You've found a lot of possible properties but we cannot really hunt there, we need to have domestic animals but herds of animals need grazing  and so on, so we should try to get properties located close together to merge them?

I dont want to be a downer, tsap'alute...

For sure we have to give up our citizenship or to get dual citizenship in the country we decide to live in to have rights and to be save .. somehow..

And what about Education of children and stuff? We need a basic scholar system.. Omg this is getting more difficult as i thought in the first place..

But im still enthusiastic ;)

T`srung fa Eywa ayngahu.

Need an Avatar-Avatar? Klick my Banner for further Pics!

Omatikaya'itan

'Itan Atxur

DONATION TOPIC OPENED!!

Deleting all my off topic posts. (this one will be deleted later today once the other off topic posts are gone)

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: Fpxafaw Taronyu on February 15, 2010, 03:39:38 AM
Youre guys are awesome!   ;D

You've found a lot of possible properties but we cannot really hunt there, we need to have domestic animals but herds of animals need grazing  and so on, so we should try to get properties located close together to merge them?

I dont want to be a downer, tsap'alute...

For sure we have to give up our citizenship or to get dual citizenship in the country we decide to live in to have rights and to be save .. somehow..

And what about Education of children and stuff? We need a basic scholar system.. Omg this is getting more difficult as i thought in the first place..

But im still enthusiastic ;)

T`srung fa Eywa ayngahu.

those are all separate discussions some of which i believe are absolved.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Txon Taronyu

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Fpxafaw Taronyu

tslolam ,oel lu nìmun fnu, tsap'alute  :)

'Itan Atxur

I've been trying to find something decent for an hour now but have had little luck :(

Letxuma Swizaw

I'm feelin' you, ma Tsman.<i've decided that means bro in Na'vi.

I haven't seen, heard, or saw any good ideas for a while.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Hmm, what about Borneo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borneo

Borneo has a typical equatorial climate with sunshine all year round.  Temperatures are fairly uniform, averaging 25-33 degrees Celsius during the day and rarely dropping below 20 degrees Celsius at night, except in the mountains where they can drop to below 20 degrees Celsius.  Most rainfall occurs between November and January during the northeast monsoon, and is characterised by sharp cloudbursts which are short in duration.   The dry season runs form May to September. 

Its splitted into 3 different nations, has Junge, Caves , Everything..

I like these 2 facts:

" In the interior of Borneo are also the Penan, some of who still practice a nomadic hunter-gatherer existence. In some coastal areas of marginal settlements are also found Bajau, who were historically associated with a sea-oriented, boat-dwelling, nomadic existence."

And this one:

Some sub-ethnicities are now represented by only 30-100 individuals. :)

Is this a possible option we should think about?
It seems no one cares about people living in the Jungle.. We could have a hidden existence there (depend on the count of members) And we could really help to save a threatened animal (Orangutan).

The Sumatran Tigers are already eradicated there.. maybe in a not so far future we can help reintroducing them to their natural habitat?

I would love that  :D

The only really dangerous snake living there is the Russel Viper, we probably need anti-venom there.

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauna_of_Borneo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammals_of_Borneo

Property for Sale:

http://malaysialand.com/sarawak.htm
http://malaysialand.com/Agriculture/cheap_land.htm

They sell Oil Palm Land pretty cheap, we could rebuild the Jungle.... <another Dream, Terraforming Backwards>

Whats your Opinion?

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmuka

Letxuma Swizaw

i don't think malaysia government situation is the best for us... and besides.

Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Txon Taronyu

ya Borneo looks good from the first look

'Itan Atxur

Whats the gov situation? Everything else about that post seems great!