Europe
Australia - North
Australia - South
Oceania - Indonesia Region
New Zealand

Txuraeyktan

Hawaii US,or europe would be good
Hawaii 'cause it has a lot of tropics, but not much space
US has some good tropics but most people on here are not from US (or so im told)
europe has most people around it that and (i dont know much about europe)
These guys are in the ER Click to save them!

Fnua Atxkxe

I don't think any of us really know too much about what is good at the moment really, I think we need to do some more research and then get back to discussions, at the moment we cannot post anything relevant as we simply don't know enough.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

D.M. Atlas

Has anyone looked into the US BLM? As far as I know (I'll try and find some more information this week) the land(most of the western US) is free to use for whatever recreation you want. This would include long term camping/hunting/trapping/anything else we could possibly be doing. There are very few rules, mainly that you can not build any permanent structures, any trash needs to be disposed of properly, and that if a ranger finds you you need to move a few miles in 14 days and you can not come back to that spot for 30 days (I think).

So with 4 main sites to move between, mobile living arrangements (hammocks with a rain cover), and sticking to hunting what is in season. There should be no problem making something like that work. I'm not saying that it is the best situation, only that it could work, and it is free.
D.M. Atlas
[email protected]
www.almostliving-spfx.com
http://batona.chipin.com/batona

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Fnua Atxkxe

To my memory no-one has looked into that, certainly sounds promising but then there are the imigration laws for us non-American citizens to get around. I must stress that this is the most promising loaction that I have ever heard for NA. This merits looking into, this could change a lot of peoples opinions on loaction

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

The old Uriuujìn

An interesting proposal. It has a lot of Merit ^_^ Could you post a link to a place that would have information about it?

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Sayprìsä

Quote from: D.M. Atlas on April 28, 2010, 04:12:33 PM
Has anyone looked into the US BLM? As far as I know (I'll try and find some more information this week) the land(most of the western US) is free to use for whatever recreation you want. This would include long term camping/hunting/trapping/anything else we could possibly be doing. There are very few rules, mainly that you can not build any permanent structures, any trash needs to be disposed of properly, and that if a ranger finds you you need to move a few miles in 14 days and you can not come back to that spot for 30 days (I think).

So with 4 main sites to move between, mobile living arrangements (hammocks with a rain cover), and sticking to hunting what is in season. There should be no problem making something like that work. I'm not saying that it is the best situation, only that it could work, and it is free.

That's actually a REALLY good idea.  :)
"You have a gift, Jack.  You do.  You see people."

Rwctt

D.M. Atlas

Quote from: Rwctt on April 28, 2010, 08:49:24 PM
Found this FAQ link really helpful :)

http://www.blm.gov/or/faq/index.php

That's the nice easy to understand site I was just about to post. I"ll have to look at that stewardship information as well, I never thought to look at that in the past.
D.M. Atlas
[email protected]
www.almostliving-spfx.com
http://batona.chipin.com/batona

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Sayprìsä

Do you think we would qualify as a "non profit organization"?

Fnua Atxkxe

Well seeing as we don't intend to make a profit from our "organisation".... why not! :D

QuoteA non-profit organization (abbreviated as NPO, also known as a not-for-profit organization[1]) is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals.

Sounds a bit like us ;D

Sayprìsä

YO!!! Guys!  We need to figure out where we're going to be

Txalion

Quote from: Sayprìsä on May 09, 2010, 11:35:45 AM
YO!!! Guys!  We need to figure out where we're going to be
It's not as easy as that. If I could wave a magic wand and figure out where we are going to be I would. We have to do tons of research on laws, properties, and many other subjects. Plus, we all have to agree on a course of action.

As to being a non profit, I bet you we could do it. We would have to make ourselves an organization and such but it's a good idea.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

The old Uriuujìn

Exactly. I would like to say that we are either an environmentalist group, or perhaps an education group, but we are neither, to be honest. We've talked about this before, and the idea was maybe to have the Shaman (myself) apply as a Religious organization, but I am not sure how appropriate that would be ^_^;

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Sayprìsä

We are sort of an environmental group. 

Hmmm... How do amish get their land?  They seem to have the same sort of set up that we want.

guest2859

I think because of generations never chaning style? Maybe if the world was more open, and deleted borders and taxes, maybe the world could be truly free*.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Ean Ikran on May 10, 2010, 10:37:56 AM
I think because of generations never chaning style? Maybe if the world was more open, and deleted borders and taxes, maybe the world could be truly free*.

I'm thinking the * is correct here. Taxes suck, but without them our governments wouldn't have any revenue, unless they took without paying, which would be worse. As to the idea of erasing borders, I think that that would only happen were one person or government were to, through diplomacy, finance, and force, take over the world entirely. Which is a debatable concept.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Txon Taronyu

If its a just, democracy I say do it a world government could quickly remove poverty ,world hunger , and make world peace as long as its just the world would be a Utopia

guest2859

America's a democracy, it isn't helping much. Democrats are for taxes, then people complain and we go into a harmless war.

Txalion

;D Oooooo we're on the subject of government now! Goody. ;D

Well let's see, depending on the country we would have to pay taxes, however, if we are a non profit, I don't think we have to, but I'm not sure. If we did have to pay taxes we could dodge income tax because none of us would have an "income". However we might have to pay some sort of land ownership type tax (if there is such a thing). However, the idea of simply dodging taxes sucks because that's how the government pays for everything. I fully support the idea of paying taxes, but in ways that we can. It's possible that we could plant our food and any left over that we don't need to feed the tribe could be taken to a local market and sold. Though it would suck to leave every oh, month or so, or even year to sell food, it would be worth it to keep our home.

Plus I wanted to bring up the subject of our community and our government system. Do you think I should start a new thread?
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)