Location Research - Oceania

Started by Swokéyan, April 06, 2010, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

guest2859

This one I like, I like a lot. We should make this a better option.

Tonbogiri

After looking at this island, I do like it a lot.
My only concern is with the fact that we want to have some hunting - would we need to import game into the island? (+ to costs).

Also, I do not feel that the pictures provided can give us a true indication of what the island looks like (mostly it is just sea views). When doing your research, why not look for more pictures?
(conveniently, google maps keeps this island blurred. Even when everything around it is high def...)

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Esmond

Importing game would be pointless. If they are not large enough in numbers, they'll not be able to repopulate. Also they might not be able to adapt to the new habitat. That means unsustainable resources. I don't think we have the ability to constantly import game.

I'm also concerned about another thing. If we actually establish a village and start hunting game, how badly are we affecting the balance of the ecosystem? Would we deprive the natural resources?

Help preserve Nature.

Tonbogiri

Very true. Imprting game would be costly and time consuming.

I suppose to limit the damage we could do, we could regulate the hunting somehow - i.e. Only one or two hunting parties every few days (a decent sized animal can last up to two foodwise).

As long as we don;t wildly slaughter the local animals and burn the local forests, I think we can at least become less environmentally unfriendly as many modern societies are. Go us! :D

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

D.M. Atlas

Most island and coastal based tribes tend to do more fishing than hunting anyway.
D.M. Atlas
[email protected]
www.almostliving-spfx.com
http://batona.chipin.com/batona

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Coyote

Look up "Plum Island" and note that it is for sale for around $80 mil. or so.

Plum Island is in the Caribbean. Here's the thing: it is a former biological testing site for various weaponized forms of germs and stuff. No doubt animal testing went on there. The island is being cleaned up (there were not, as far as I know, any recorded spills or contamination) and put up for auction.

I can think of no finer "revenge" for the animals there than to turn the place into a tribal nature park.

Just an idea. Think of it as "recycling" on a massive scale.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Fnua Atxkxe

Just as an update, still waiting to hear back again from the New Zealand agency :)
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

Okay, so I look at the 2 islands previously posted, and I'm becoming very, VERY interested in Clairview Island. So I'm going to run a few searches on it and see what geological/biological information I can get on it.

EDIT:

It has a building, but doesn't look big enough for the game company. Probably will be demolished anyways.
It has a barbed-wire fence. Why? We're going to rip it out if we get it anyways.

EDIT2:

Nothing on wildlife, but has enough fishies around.
Decidious Forest, so jaguars shouldn't pop out and rip your face off.
It's extremely flat, and I'm not sure how that's going to work with this whole instability of nature thing.

Nope, wait, it has 1 hill: Hill