Tribe Location Brainstorm

Started by Txontaw, January 18, 2010, 12:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txon Taronyu

True
So what your saying is if I want to be the real eyktan I should become this eyktan too
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Ikranä mokri

if you want to be remebered like your founding fathers are then yes if not then no

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Txon Taronyu

But the leader on hear would not have the skills the same skills as the real eyktan
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Ikranä mokri

thats true but you could probably run again and if we like you the first time round u might be re elected

Coyote

Not all the Founding Fathers were leaders in government; Ben Franklin was a respected elder but never President. And also remember, George Washington wasn't at any of the Constitution or Declaration of Independence committees, he was just a random guy at the time but came along later to be General, then President.

EDIT: Underground homes would rock, they are very efficient.

Also: I'd recommend either the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, or perhaps near the Louisiana Bayou country. The Louisiana Bayou is a jungle, like in the movie, which would be kind of cool but there are hazards, and the water table is high so we wouldn't be able to make underground housing. There are also floods and tornadoes in the area from time to time.

The Olympic Peninsula is coniferous rainforest and fairly warm and wet year-round, but it has a cold season and there are some potential for earthquakes on occasion. But that'd be my recommendation, personally.

There's no reason why we couldn't have an East and West tribe, too, and there are also other places we could look at. The Upper Michigan peninsula was mentioned (beautiful but cold in winter). I also would not rule out the beautiful painted deserts of the Southwest. New Mexico and Arizona are beautiful and aren't very prone to natural disasters; they also tend to be warm more often than not (although they can get hot in the summer). Year-round fitness will be easy.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Ikranä mokri

where ever we go there are going to be problems and dangers no where is perfect so well just have to live with where we decide

MOUNTAINBANSHEE

This my take on the place ideas.

there are a lot of good places but to cut it down I will just say 3

New Zealand/feiodland.
pros
a mix of planes and forests
it has mountains
good clean water sources
close to airbases and lakes for seaplanes
full of deer, goverment wants deer shot or killed
national park stocktake may sell some of this prime land
cons
cold winter
a lot of bug (sandflies,mossies)
dams are close by
cold water

north america
pros
always close to a city
large amout of rescue helis
rest stated in other posts
cons
preditors
bugs
rest are stated in previous posts

puru
i can't spell the name let alown try to descrbe the place and havn't been there

the housing options are very simple, Underground or nothing ;)

sorry if i have offended anyone :'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

eywa ngahu, tsmukan

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txon Taronyu

Quote from: Coyote on January 28, 2010, 03:36:59 PM
EDIT: Underground homes would rock, they are very efficient.

Also: I'd recommend either the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, or perhaps near the Louisiana Bayou country. The Louisiana Bayou is a jungle, like in the movie, which would be kind of cool but there are hazards, and the water table is high so we wouldn't be able to make underground housing. There are also floods and tornadoes in the area from time to time.

The Olympic Peninsula is coniferous rainforest and fairly warm and wet year-round, but it has a cold season and there are some potential for earthquakes on occasion. But that'd be my recommendation, personally.

The mangroves are the hardest place to survive on earth
quote above:
well until we fully decide lets not cut down our options
Also our housing options can go beond just underground
living underground in a jungle would be foolish you would be constanly flooded all jungle beds have to be off the ground

Fpxafaw Taronyu

this seems to be a better thread for this ;) irayo Txontaw tsmukan!

Quote from: Fpxafaw Taronyu on January 30, 2010, 03:19:07 PM
Kaltxí,

IMHO the best place for the tribe would be New Caledonia! Check it out!

The local government does not allow selling property to anyone, but for our unselfish cause i could imagine they would give us a place for free, its like paradise there, the biodiversity is awesome, 80% of all species on earth are living there, they have the 2nd largest reef and the largest lagoon.

I'm pretty sure its the best "Pandora-like" place on Earth! The best thing, there are no volcano, b/c its a part from the former Gondwana (sorry all creationism guys  8) ) which explains some weird plants there.
It will be independent from France soon, so a new nation will be born, maybe our nation?

Whats your opinion?

Oel ayngati kameie!

Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Caledonia

Need an Avatar-Avatar? Klick my Banner for further Pics!

bagget00

Dude, that seems to be the best candidate yet.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Tíloran

Oeya ma smukan si smuke.  I'm not to sure on New Caledonia as a possible tribe location.  The political structure of New Caledonia is very unstable as the inhabitants are pushing for independance.  Even if the environment is Pandora-like, we still have to deal with the fact that New Caledonia is a French Colony.  They do not have the same protective rights of over Sovreign Nations.  As such, our safety is not guaranteed.  The locals can hunt us and kill us if they like.  They can imprison us for tresspassing whenever they like.  The only way we could possibly live there legally is to have the temporary government that is forming to grant us visa status or get French citizenship and move there as a stewardship.

I don't think the government that is forming to grant land free.  They are trying to kick out the French, and some random people who want to form a tribe based on a movie want to come in?  Not only will that make the credibility of New Caledonia become suspect, but let's face it we have no authority to make such requests.

Though there is a back way out of this.  New Caledonia will want money, and probably lots of it.  When the leader is elected we can start fund raising ideas.  An example of this is Japan will grant citizenship if a person will donate 10k to the local government and settle in a rural area.  All we need to do is show that we can pull our weight in New Caledonia and that may lessen the strangle hold.  Keep in mind there is not a lot of land to New Caledonia.  So that should be another concern of ours.  How much land do we want or need?
One picture is worth 128K.

Txon Taronyu

that place looks good
I still say we should go to there, peru or BC

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Good point, but AFAIK, the New Caledonian Government is not willing to sell any property for Hotel groups and other enterprises, thats a plus for me. They will become independent from france soon. 
Quote from: from web"New Caledonia is set to decide whether to remain within the French Republic or become an independent state in a referendum to be held between 2014 and 2019"
Maybe a chance?  From my point of view we have to convince the locals from our peaceableness and the special case of us. Maybe this way is easier to go then donating money? We are still planning, so im optimistic ;) We will mind the nature and we will live in harmony with her.

I guess we will not be millions of people out there, so the visa status should not be an issue.

Tíloran

I understand what you are saying, but red flags should be raised almost immediately.  They will not sell land to Hotels or organizations.  Hotels bring tourists, tourists bring money.  They are currently going through national pride as the fledgling government is beginning to enact laws against French people.  Even French settlers who were born there are becoming second class citizens.  As optimistic as I would like to be they are systematically closing their boarders.  I don't think we have a chance here, but like you said.  We shall wait and see.
One picture is worth 128K.

Fpxafaw Taronyu

I agree, if we will choose an island, it has to be high enough to be save of floods and other global warming side effects ;)

Regarding New Caledonia, at least we can ask --> http://www.congres.nc/contact

But, this should be done by an official Single Point of Speech ;)  (eyktan)

glad u like nc too!

Ikranä mokri

if their french then we should have any trouble with them. Im a brit and we spent the good first few centuries at war with them hell its a national passtime literally. if you want some french people moving just ask a brit

bagget00

Same with america. Comedians here are always making fun of French for being spineless and the like. (I have nothing against the French BTW. I just live here.)
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Txontaw

Comedians make fun of everybody, so nobody should take it personally.

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Deamon5550

:P I'm Canadian with French heritage going back centuries. Unfortunately I don't speak French I don't have French citizenship (actually I'm closer to getting English) But....yeah anyway it looks nice, but we do have to be careful about going to a country with an unstable government.
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txon Taronyu

We should start a revelution there and take over the island  ;D

P.s just joking