Tribe Location Brainstorm

Started by Txontaw, January 18, 2010, 12:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letxuma Swizaw

How 'bout 'Nam. but on a true note America is unquestionably out of the picture if we were to just disappear from our homes and move to a forest in America they wouldn't be too happy about us paying no taxes. also citizenship is near impossible to obtain and if you can get it, takes forever. Pretty much anywhere we go in America will be spoiled with tourists if we're close enough to society or pollution of some type, not necessarily a lot of pollution but pollution none-the-less. And someone would think we're some kind of cult and we're gonna kill ourselves or something stupid and then the Gov. would come to the "Rescue".
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 13, 2010, 11:18:54 AM
... How about south China? I know they have some decidious forest.

I LIVE THERE !!!

*Useful Input Time :D*

China does indeed have quite a lot of deciduous forest around the south, and the climate conditions are very good, we have roughly 30-32 degree summers and early 20's in winter (That's in degrees CELSIUS - I'm British :P)

Although with South China comes the issue of Where. Hong Kong, where I am, is the only democratic region in the area, out of communist control. Also, it is 80% greenery. Healthcare is government subsidised (therefore cheap), and there is the option of both private and public healthcare.

Economy is "stable" (depression sucks)

Water-wise, we'd need to bring a filtration unit. Any water in Hong Kong needs to be filtered, as when it falls in the form of rain it is normally coming into Hong Kong from the north, carrying pollutants from Shanghai/Beijing/Shenzhen etc.

Also, a a lot of the greenery is country park, and is well preserved.

PLUS, we have a Disneyland. :D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

guest2859

30x1.8=54
54+32= 86

32x1.8=58~
58+32=90

So 86-90 degree weather... sounds like a reasonable range. But what would we do about the water? Have a secondary fire pit to boil water?

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Hong Kong? Guess ur not serious, b/c if u choose Hong Kong we could also choose the Central Park NYC ;)

NO seriously, the US wouldnt be my first choice but we need more reliable suggestions, not just opinions.

I know we ruled out Australia but what about Tasmania -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasmania

A  closed island is still my favorite..;)

Need an Avatar-Avatar? Klick my Banner for further Pics!

guest2859

Nope, don't want to see the smallest hut when we're doing this.

Tasmania- Brilliant. It's going on the considered list.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: letxuma Swizaw on February 13, 2010, 11:51:03 AM
How 'bout 'Nam. but on a true note America is unquestionably out of the picture if we were to just disappear from our homes and move to a forest in America they wouldn't be too happy about us paying no taxes. also citizenship is near impossible to obtain and if you can get it, takes forever. Pretty much anywhere we go in America will be spoiled with tourists if we're close enough to society or pollution of some type, not necessarily a lot of pollution but pollution none-the-less. And someone would think we're some kind of cult and we're gonna kill ourselves or something stupid and then the Gov. would come to the "Rescue".

Well, I think it's gonna be hard to find a place where we won't have some type of tax. Money may very well be an issue.

Tasmania seems like a very good suggestion.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Letxuma Swizaw

Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txon Taronyu

Um btw tasmania is full of deserts, open scrub, fercie jungle, and hostile forests and has extremly hostile envorments full of dagerous creatures if you ruled out astrailia then rule at tasmania its worse
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Letxuma Swizaw

we're going to live in a jungle it's not exactly going to be safe where ever we go. besides they have crayfish five times the size of lobters there. yom yom yom! ;D
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Txon Taronyu

??? there is no jungle in tasmania

edit: oops I was wrong there is a jungle and forest but its stilll really dangerous and australia has the same type of stuff as this so it does not make sense that you would not condsider australia but would condsider a smaller island to the south with the same government (same laws) so I really don't see much of a difference 

and letxuma swizaw we arent necisaraly going to be in a jungle a forest is more likely
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

But this is why we have to discuss even the crazy ideas. So we can figure out EXACTLY what we want and what we're willing to sacrifice (location wise). We're not going to be able to get it all. Realistically, it's going to be an exotic place but dangerous or a safer place put plain. Plain can still be beautiful though and dangerous can be safe if your educated.

Txon Taronyu

true but  if we want exotic why not just go to the amazon its just as deadly and also not all exotic places are necisarely the dangerous places some times its the plainer places that are deadly

'Itan Atxur

All right. I understand your point.

Is there an area we're missing here? Something we're not talking about?

Txon Taronyu

Ok everybody here should get and read the SAS survival guide (for tons of reasons) but in preticular for here is that at the begining it has an interesting section on the different places and there advanteges and disadvanges (its to long to write all the details) so read it

Omatikaya'itan

Txon Taronyu

Have you been reading the posts we sorta killed tasmania its just like australia which we killed

Why did we kill australia just remind me again?

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 13, 2010, 06:22:52 PM
Ok everybody here should get and read the SAS survival guide (for tons of reasons) but in preticular for here is that at the begining it has an interesting section on the different places and there advanteges and disadvanges (its to long to write all the details) so read it

Awesome! I'll have to check that out.

But check this out (not a serious link)

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/mowatt-island.htm

This island is called "Mowatt" island!

Omatikaya'itan

Sry just got on i havnt been online since thursday because i was out in the forest being Na'vi oh ya lol( no seriously i was out in the forest camping with me and my Na'vi loveing girlfriend we were trying to believe we were on pandora)

Txon Taronyu

sweet thats awsome

I can't wait untill the summer thats when im a Na'vi.

d5ive

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 13, 2010, 06:27:09 PM
Have you been reading the posts we sorta killed tasmania its just like australia which we killed

Why did we kill australia just remind me again?

I think it we because of the national park issue that I raised. pretty much everything that is not private land is national park, and most private land is farmland and on that farmland you not even allowed to kill certain things and the things you are allowed to kill are very restrited in how many you can. Australia pretty much has everything to do with wildlife covered under law. You can't even go fishing in a river without a licence.

Tasmania is not cool, its always wet, cold, dark, gloomy and its the same sort of business with Aus.
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand