Tribe Location Brainstorm

Started by Txontaw, January 18, 2010, 12:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The old Uriuujìn

That is not really true. It is obvious that the Amazon is much more dangerous than a person's bedroom... but I digress, insisting on following semantics...

The Amazon is, as Txontaw pointed out, probably a little too dangerous for our purpose. Yes, there are towns in the Amazon, but we have no guarantee that they contain the necessary facilities needed. I do not mean this as any disrespect to anyone who lives down there, of course, but it is unlikely that we would have adequate access to medicine and supplies. I think that a more...tame environment, at least to start out ^_^

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn

Txon Taronyu

Ok I see what your saying but all "tamer" enviorments have problems to. So where should we be if not in the rain forest
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Txon Taronyu

I had a thought we could train for a bit in a 'tamer' envorment for a year or two and then more to the Amazon Rainforest
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Txontaw

Quote from: Txon Taronyu (palulukan makto) on January 21, 2010, 08:39:06 PM
Ok I see what your saying but all "tamer" enviorments have problems to. So where should we be if not in the rain forest

We're not going to do it in the Amazon. Period. End of discussion.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Txon Taronyu

Also the Na'vi live in a jungle like that also please tell me what is so dangerous about the jungle.

Txontaw

Quote from: Txon Taronyu (palulukan makto) on January 21, 2010, 08:43:41 PM
Also the Na'vi live in a jungle like that also please tell me what is so dangerous about the jungle.
Quote from: Txontaw on January 21, 2010, 08:42:54 PM
Quote from: Txon Taronyu (palulukan makto) on January 21, 2010, 08:39:06 PM

We're not going to do it in the Amazon. Period. End of discussion.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Txon Taronyu

Thats just stupid to say end of discution just because you don't think its a good idea!

Also where do you want to live???

Txontaw

Quote from: Txon Taronyu (palulukan makto) on January 21, 2010, 08:44:43 PM
Thats just stupid to say end of discution just because you don't think

We don't know, that's why we're brainstorming...

Txontaw

Quote-We'd also like it remote, but not too remote that it takes several hours to drive someone to the nearest hospital (if necessary (or, someone could learn how to fly a helicopter))

This is another reason why we're not.

Txon Taronyu

Quote from: Txontaw on January 21, 2010, 08:45:19 PM

So then don't crush the jungle its still a possiblitity even if you don't think so

Txontaw

Quote from: Txon Taronyu (palulukan makto) on January 21, 2010, 08:46:19 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on January 21, 2010, 08:45:19 PM

So then don't crush the jungle its still a possiblitity even if you don't think so

It's not a possibility for the reason I stated in my previous post.

Txon Taronyu

Well thats going to be a problem every where we need to learn to take care of most of our medical needs on our own and only get airlifted out in an extream emergancy. we can't be driving into town when ever somebdy gets sick or hurt

Txon Taronyu

There is no place on earth that is remote to our liking but still close to a hospital thats unrealistic!

Txontaw

Quote from: Txon Taronyu (palulukan makto) on January 21, 2010, 08:51:39 PM
There is no place on earth that is remote to our liking but still close to a hospital thats unrealistic!

Why do you want to be in the Amazon so badly?

The old Uriuujìn

Hey! This argument needs to stop. Now.

You are both acting quite hostile toward each other. Txontaw, you cannot say end of discussion yet, you are not the elected Eyktan yet, so you will have to suffer others arguments like the rest of us. I am asking nicely to have you stop double-posting. That is what the edit button is for. Txon Taronyu, please do not retaliate against someone if they provoke you.

If this continues, I will be forced to enact disciplinary measures. Is that clear?

Thank you, and let's discuss this topic more civilly from now on.

Eywa ayngahu! ^_^

-Uriuujìn

Txon Taronyu

right sorry for double posting and I don't want the amazon badlly I just think its foolish to crush such an Idea so soon

Deamon5550

also just getting to the Amazon is problems enough, I was looking for flights into the amazon and you have to fly to a larger city then get another flight (charter possibly) into the actual area.
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txontaw

Sorry for shooting it down, but I personally dislike the Amazon. Like Deamon said, it's really hard to get to as well. Also, there are billions of bugs you have to watch out for, as well as predators.

With other places (like a deciduous forest), you have predators, and you have bugs, but both are in smaller amounts. Also, you have deer, which are really good food sources.

keye'ung makto

alot of people are looking to make it as realisitic as possible to the movie despite the real danger presented by  these locations
amazon- 60% of the things in the amazon are deadly to humans
lack of medicle equipemnt makes it a foolhardy thing to consider no offence,

a forested area is far more sutable for what we want to do